Struggling

EXO SERIES: Lu Han's Little Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 >>HYE YEONG'S POV<<

I had plenty of time to get used to my new status as Lu Han's girlfriend. But every time I wake up, I can't believe it. I can't get used to it, it sounds weird. We actually didn't meet up often. Lu Han knew my schedule as it was the same every week. Work and training. He knew when to show up at my house and would leave again on his own. I didn't realise dating Lu Han would make my life a tad easier and more comfortable. Well, a few months ago, I couldn't even imagine dating at all. 

Lu Han was right about that part. I wouldn't say he had it easy when training but he wouldn't recommend the trainee lifestyle either. He gave me lots of advice and little tricks to get through the training. Knowing I had someone I could rely on and lean onto concerning training made my trainee life a lot better.

About EXO, they haven't blown up yet. Months have passed and they haven't made a comeback yet. If they get super famous after the next album, what will happen to Lu Han and I? Today, I showed up to our group dance practice and met my younger members. We haven't had a change in the line-up yet unlike some other groups which probably meant we did a good job together.

We warmed up ourselves and did some stretching. I was yet in another group again and had to get familiar with the new girls. The second oldest girl, Kim Ha Eun, came up to me to keep me up to date with the new rumours. "Sis, you'll be a senior again, we have a newbie."

"Newbie? Female or male? She won't be added to our group, will she?" I asked her and wasn't too happy about new competition. It was hard for me to open up to new people and I wasn't a sociable person either. "Unless someone is taken out of our group."

"No, I don't think that, we are a good team together." She laughed it off and went back to giving me all the information she had. "They say she transfers from another company. I don't know which one, but it wasn't a small company." 

"We still have to work hard." I smiled at her and we started the dance practice. As for EXO's choreographies, I basically memorised all of them already regardless of whether we had an assignment or a monthly evaluation coming up. Lu Han taught me during his special private lessons. I didn't sign up for those, he made me participate as a self-proclaimed master of girl group dances. I swear, he knows more than I. He must've watched a lot of girls dance then.

Later, on my way to classes, I spotted a familiar figure walking towards me and coming from the opposite direction. I have a very bad feeling. 

"Long time no see." Go Sang Mi greeted me on the hallway. "It's nice to be back."

Back? Oh no, don't tell me Sang Mi transfers back to the company. That would explain the huge company part. It had to be Go Sang Mi. The building couldn't be entered without an ID or your fingerprint. Well, if her old company didn't want to debut her, it should have a reason.

"I guess we'll see us often in the future. Do you happen to know how Lu Han is doing?" Sang Mi wanted to know and smiled. However, I couldn't figure out the meaning behind that smile. If they were so close, she would still be able to contact him herself.

"How would I know? I met him a few times and then he debuted. We haven't seen each other since." I lied because our relationship was to be kept secret and because it was none of her business. If Sang Mi found out I was dating Lu Han, everything would be over. She has her old trainee friends, they will all turn against me.

"Just wondering, I thought you were close." Sang Mi shrugged her shoulders and glanced at her watch. "As much as I'd love to continue talking to you, I need to greet some of my old friends." She waved me goodbye and disappeared out of my sight. I'll ask Lu Han about it later.

After practice, I headed to the station accompanied by the girls. Two of them lived in a dormitory and the other two, Kim Ha Eun and Kang Ji Won had to take the train as well. We would pass the dormitory on our way and see the other two off. "Did you also see Go Sang Mi today? I was shocked when I met her." Ha Eun told us and it seemed like Sang Mi was quite popular among the trainees. 

"Tell me more about her, everyone seems to know Go Sang Mi. How was she like?" It was a perfectly valid question.

"She is a sociable trainee and gets along with everyone. Always helping out the younger ones, very talented. I'm sure if she stayed longer, she would debut with the next girl group." Kang Ji Won explained but it was hard to imagine. Sang Mi didn't give me a very kind impression when I met her. "You'll get along, don't worry!"

Mentally, I shook my head. At the thought of Go Sang Mi transferring to SM Entertainment, cold shivers ran down my spine. Regardless of whether I am involved with Lu Han or not, she will make my trainee life a living hell. Then again, I wasn't too worried about Sang Mi approaching Lu Han. If something should happen, it should've happened a long time ago. And it didn't, Lu Han didn't consider her anything else than a friend.

"Wait, wait, is that Sang Mi?" Ji Won whispered and stopped walking. I narrowed my eyes to identify her clearly. Ji Won was right. Go Sang Mi was about to enter a taxi but was too busy talking to another person. "And isn't that our senior?"

Senior? I only saw the person's side profile and it was dark, so it was difficult to recognise the people. Plus, they wore masks and hats, ironically attracting attention to them. However, even if my eyes weren't sharp, I'd still recognise the side profile everywhere. The person has a suspiciously strong resemblance to my boyfriend.

"Do you think that's our senior Lu Han?" Ha Eun asked me and tried to see who Sang Mi was talking to. 

"Come on, let's go. I don't think it's him." Having our arms linked, I dragged the two younger girls with me. I was as curious as them but we should leave them alone, whatever business Lu Han had with Sang Mi. I didn't want to doubt him after he assured me there was nothing going on between them. As we almost arrived at the station, I texted Lu Han, asking him whether he was going to stop by. We'll talk about it later.

 >>LU HAN'S POV<<

I have finally succeeded in life. I was honestly willing to wait if Hye Yeong needed more time. After all, I'm used to waiting. It seemed like Min Young changed her mind and luckily, she did. Min Young was our biggest supporter, she was most excited about our news. We couldn't meet up a lot. The group had many activities over the last months. We did a lot of flying, much to my misfortune, and my celebrity life was much different from what I had imagined.

Before debut, I thought I could go home after performing, eat whatever I want, do whatever I want and hang out wherever I wanted but of course, those were all things I imagined in an ideal world. Eating was difficult because my face might bloat up the next day, going out was difficult because I had to dress up to keep up my idol image. I'd like to enjoy performing and having my own life, enjoy my youth while I was at this age but everything was different from my expectations. But I don't want to complain, it's the path I chose and trained four years for.

We waited long until the company informed us about their plans for a new comeback. They had only given us very vague information. The uncertainity of the future, I'm used to it from my trainee days. The question of when I will debut turned into the question of when is our next comeback? At least we still have work. These days, we also practised a lot for our first comebac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter