Fate?

EXO SERIES: Lu Han's Little Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

>>HYE YEONG'S POV<<

I talked to Eun Chae before taking a break to calm down. It was true I didn't feel well but I didn't know Lu Han would talk to me as a result. I was the one who agreed to do this for Eun Chae so I wasn't in the position to complain. Actually, I'd agree to sing if it wasn't crowded today. There was a problem on my part. I hate singing in front of people. Ever since some incidents in high school, I barely sang in front of people again. I didn't keep repeating the lyrics and memorising them because of the short notice at which Eun Chae asked me, but because there shouldn't be a single mistake. I never want to experience it again, feeling hurt and ashamed to have fellow school mates laugh at me for forgetting my lines. I practised for days and still forgot my lines. Singing in general wasn't the problem.

Back to reality, I did regret being easily persuaded after beign dragged back to the stage. At least, if I had Lu Han next to me, I'd not be embarrassed by myself if I made a mistake. Relief overcame me once we were finished and heard the audience applaud. Jongin's right, though. I haven't seen the charming and dancing part about Lu Han yet, but he was a great singer. I let out a sigh, Lu Han would tease me forever about this performance and claim that I owed him. If we ever meet again, of course. 

"Thanks." I said to Lu Han after finishing my task and went into the staff room. I grabbed my jacket to put it on and prepared to clean up the shop later. When I left the staff room, Lu Han waited there and followed me as I passed him and headed towards Min Young. 

"My pleasure. You have a nice voice. Did it help you loosen up a bit?" Lu Han held out his hand and smiled at me innocently. "So, we're friends now? I'd really like to get to know to you."

I glanced at his hand and met his eyes briefly. "I think we need to work on the 'friends' part. Thanks for your help, but I wasn't looking for a friendship." Leaving him with Jongin, I went on to look for my boss and say goodbye to her first. After today, I only wanted to go home. 

"Excuse me, do you have any thoughts on becoming a celebrity?" A man, probably in his thirties, approached me and bowed politely. I created some distance between us and made Min Young stand behind me. I returned the bow slightly confused and accepted the pink business card. SM Entertainment, of course. No, I don't have any thoughts on that. "I'm a manager from SM Entertainment. Please consider auditioning for our company." The man said with a polite smile, but I did feel somewhat strange about the encounter. It happened too suddenly, I had no idea about what was going on. I should join that idol agency? Becoming a trainee, tch. 

"Do you actually think I have the traits you look for in an idol?" I questioned the employee doubtfully. It could be a scam, too, people were evil these days. Perhaps, I might need to ask Jongin about it and get some advice. Or I might not, I wasn't seriously interested in training like Lu Han and Jongin anyway. From what I remembered, Jongin has trained for almost five years and became a trainee at thirteen. I'm not as passionate as him, I don't share those dreams.

"If you didn't, I wouldn't approach you, right? It'll be a waste if you don't get signed under our agency." He explained to me as if it was the most obvious thing in the world but I turned him down, saying I wasn't interested. I never expected to receive that strange of an opportunity but sadly, I had to turn his offer down. Sure, if I ever get to debut, it's a great thing and I'll pay the trainee debts back for years. No thanks, no more debts.

My part-time jobs kept me busy which left no time for some training I didn't even want. What if I failed as a trainee and get kicked out of the company? Everything would go to waste. Well, I'd not blame them if I was axed as a trainee. I didn't have any dancing skills, I wasn't that good of a singer, so what would they recruit me for? For my looks? I doubt that. 

"You are always free to audition, it's worth a try." The manager said before leaving the coffee shop.

I turned around to go with Min Young but she was gone. Lu Han. "Min Young-ah, let's go. I told you not to pay attention to that uncle. Let's not talk to strangers, shall we?" 

"But you sang with him earlier. Does that mean you aren't strangers anymore or did you sing with a stranger?" Min Young questioned me, crossing her arms. "He is actually a nice person. I talked to the handsome uncle and he was really kind."

What? I faced Lu Han, trying to imagine what kind of nonsense he told Min Young. "Regardless of whether he is nice or not, there is no reason to talk to him. We aren't friends, I don't know him." 

"And there is no reason not to talk to me." Lu Han added with a grin, standing behind my sister. "Alright, just go home. You did well today, Hye Yeong-ah." When did we agree on dropping the honorifics? Lu Han patted my shoulder softly and said goodbye to Min Young. Wow, Jongin told me Lu Han was Chinese and that he was in a different subunit, but the first time I heard him talk, he sounded very fluent. If I didn't know that, I would've thought he was Korean. Doesn't change the fact that we didn't drop honorifics!

Luckily, Eun Chae acknowledged my hard effort and sent me home, cleaning up the coffee shop later with Jung Ah. Min Young and I took a taxi home. I have to admit, Lu Han does seem odd and kind of bothersome, but it's true that he does have some good sides from what I've seen. It's only the first day, I'm not to judge him. Nonetheless, I'd prefer not to see him again. Lu Han might be Jongin's friend but it didn't mean we had to become friends as well. Having him in my life will cause me more problems than I already have.

>>LU HAN'S POV<<

I was confident we would meet again even if it was solely by accident. Or maybe it was fate? I let out a laugh at that silly thought. Well, since Hye Yeong was acquainted with Jongin and his family, the chance of meeting again was higher. I must be going crazy already. Yixing turned his head to me in confusion and raised his eyebrow. He was wondering why I was suddenly laughing like a fool on my own. I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling and recalling the events of today after arriving at the dormitory.

"Lu ge." Yixing called me again, but louder. "What did you think about again? You were so deep in thoughts." Yixing questioned me while leaning back against the chair he was sitting on. He was about to take a seat on my bed but I shoved him off without a word. "You still manage to kick me off even if you are mentally drifting away."

"Yoon Hye Yeong." I answered honestly with a sigh. Furrowing my eyebrows, I crossed my arms and got up. If I wanted us to reunite, I could just go to that coffee shop to see her, right? Why wait for another opportunity? Things are going too easy for me.

"Yoon Hye Yeong? Who is she?" My younger brother wanted to know curiously and approached me while dragging a chair with him. "While you are at it, you might as well tell me everything. We're debuting soon and you got a girlfriend shortly before that?" 

"No, that's nonsense. I just met her today." I shook my head, denying everything and leaned back slowly. Falling in love with someone at first glance? It was ridiculous and superficial because I'd fall for her physical appearance in that case. Of course, she is pretty. But we don't really know each other yet. "She attracted my attention, that's all. I helped her out and saved her from an issue. Showing her my charm didn't work out, unfortunately." I explained, a soft smile forming on my face. "Speaking of going out, do you think she has a boyfriend? I'd rather not get in trouble for crossing the line and approaching a taken woman. You're right, I shouldn't get in trouble shortly before our debut." 

Yixing nudged my arm and smiled weakly. "Dating is one thing, that's totally up to you. But do you really think it will be easy? Though you have an angelic face, you shouldn't do anything reckless and be careful about your actions. And you met the girl today so obviously, you don't know much about her." My friend placed his hand on my shoulder reassuringly. "She might have a boyfriend or she might not. What if she does have one, who knows? What will you do then if you aren't interested in her?" 

I shrugged my shoulders and let out a deep sigh again. "We'll see." If Hye Yeong did have one, I would accept it and move on. I would never approach any women who were already taken. If she was happy, alright. It was too early to assume and conclude things anyway, we still had enough time ahead of us to get to know each other. And maybe, if I am still interested in her later, I should give it a try. 

Another day of practice today, but I woke up too early, it was dawn. I got up from my bed and entered the bathroom, rubbing my eyes sleepily on the way. Looking out of the windows, I discovered that the sun had just risen. Too late to go back to sleep, I'm awake now. It wasn't summer yet, not even spring, but I suddenly had the urge to go swimming or just go somewhere refreshing. Maybe the sauna? The bathhouse? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter