Teacher Lu

EXO SERIES: Lu Han's Little Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

>>LU HAN'S POV<<

Earlier, I had asked Yixing to help me with something. I was just lying in my bed, tired from practice and being stuck in the dungeons again, thinking of sleep but not able to get any sleep. When I was at Hye Yeong's apartment last time, I had asked her to rely on me during difficult periods because I wanted to be the first person she would think of if she had a problem. Just rely on me and trust me. 

Turning to Yixing now, I asked him to leave his keyboard to me for a while. With my very little skills and Yixing's tips and advice about how to compose a song, I attempted to realise my ideas. Starting off with only the melody first, I sat there the whole time and pondered. Once it got frustrating, I called Yixing again. Even though I intended on composing this on my own without any help, it really wasn't as easy as expected. Yixing must be a genius. We did receive some lessons on producing during training but it wasn't. 

At the beginning, I wrote the lyrics in Mandarin, simply because my Korean vocabulary wasn't too big to write anything poetic. Hye Yeong's not going to understand any of the lyrics, how do I translate it? The only thing that mattered was that the message would be conveyed regardless of the language.

To be honest, I didn't believe in an 'always' or 'forever'. Despite adoring Hye Yeong and Min Young with all my heart, I doubted we would continue as either friends or something else and be together maybe ten years from now. Our time together was limited. I had to cherish those few moments together while I was beside her. Nobody knew what the future could give us because what counted was the present. The moments together would turn into precious memories I might think back to one day, when our time was over. 

Memories that become eternity.

I wasn't sure how many days I spent workng on the song but it was definitely worth creating. When it was finished, Yixing looked over it seriously and then turned his head to me. "Wow, gege. I didn't know you enjoy writing love songs. Do you want to record it?"

"No, it's nothing to be released, just for my own practice." I responded and put the sheets of paper neatly away. "So, is it good?"

"If you don't want to record it, then I'll let you privately record it in my own studio once I become a producer." Yixing replied jokingly and smiled with a hint of determination. "It's a ballad, its melody is very calm and slow. It's a good piece but very unexpected coming from you."

I grinned proudly and shrugged my shoulders. "If I work harder and practise composing, I might even release a solo album soon. I don't look like the type to write ballads, do I? It was all thanks to you, though. Without your help, I couldn't have created this song." 

"I didn't do much. These were your ideas and your melody, I only gave you some tips." Yixing responded and patted my shoulder before continuing to compose on his keyboard himself. I wonder when I'll have the courage to show her my work. The time wasn't right yet. It took long until I got Hye Yeong to become my friend. Let's take it slowly.

>>HYE YEONG'S POV<<

If someone had told me a few months ago I'd be training to become a girl group's leader, I would have laughed at that person. Well, technically I was neither a leader nor part of a girl group but for now, I apparently had to act like one. It's only due to my age, not because of my skills or experience anyway. Personally, I had a huge respect for leaders. With my lack of experience and non-existent authority, it was hard controlling younger trainees who were my seniors. They are all students. In order to practise with them, I had to arrange my schedule according to their schedules.

Exhausted, I somehow found my way to my bedroom and collapsed into bed, not even bothering to get changed since I was so tired. Sleep was everything I could think of. As I finally managed to fall asleep, my phone had to ring in the middle of the night. Turning on the light, I dozily checked my phone. Lu Han is calling, via face time. Forget it. I put my phone away and went back to sleep, only to be woken yet again. "What on earth do you want? It's 3 AM in the morning."

"Hello to you as well." Lu Han joked and was probably grinning on the phone. "Sorry, did I wake you?" No, what else would I do at this hour? Too tired to respond, I let out an incomprehensive sound. "I couldn't fall asleep because you kept appearing in my head. I wanted to see your face." 

"You could've sent me a text or looked at a photo, I don't know. Don't you ever dare call me in the middle of the night for no reason." I would've glared at him if I was fully awake. "I've been busy. Sorry, can't we just talk tomorrow?" 

"I've really missed you, though. At least I heard your voice tonight." Lu Han replied and hoped to make up for the bad timing. "I'll stop by tomorrow, okay?" 

"Whatever. You definitely have a way with words. Now I understand why you don't have a girlfriend." Unintentionally, I drew the line between us. Our relationship grew more unclear with every time we interacted. Lu Han's doing it on purpose. He doesn't know when and how to give up. Mrs Nam even asked me several times about how our relationship was going in the belief we were dating. I still haven't forgiven Lu Han for that.

During my part-time job at the coffee shop, I was able to forget about being a trainee once and be a normal part-timer. I've been giving Jung Ah and Eun Chae some updates, but didn't want to bother them with all the details. We haven't met up for a long time either and only saw each other at work.

"Hye Yeong, my brother mentioned something about you a while ago but he wasn't very happy about it." Jung Ah began as we prepared to open the coffee shop. "Is there something you didn't tell me?"

"Jongin hasn't told me anything so far. What's the matter?" I raised my eyebrows in curiosity and thought about the last time we contacted each other. 

"You and his group member, Lu Han." Oh boy, here we go. "Apparently, he talked to Jongin a lot about you and it seems as if he is seriously interested. But as Jongin is close friends with both of you, he wasn't too excited about his group member getting close to you."

"Seriously interested?" I questioned and let out a laugh. I knew well Lu Han was interested, but if he was genuine about his feelings? That I wasn't sure of. "We've become friends, I guess. I noticed him wanting to step over being friends, but I'm not going beyond that stage. Jongin doesn't need to be worried."

"Tell him that." Jung Ah shrugged her shoulders innocently. "I understand him, though. He doesn't want you to break up and be awkward around each other while being a mutual friend."

I nodded my head, agreeing. "It's complicated. I'm still trying to keep that line straight."

After a long day, I arrived home and greeted my sister contently. Tomorrow's Sunday, my only day off. "Min Young-ah, Lu Han isn't here, right?"

"He is in the living room." Min Young smiled at me, dragging me to the where Lu Han was waiting at. "Lu Han waited for you." She whispered to me and g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter