Jerk

The Cheerleader and The Bangtan Boys

Dahyun couldn’t wait to get to school the next day. She couldn’t wait to see jungkook. “Hurry up Namjoo! Let’s go!”

Rapmon ran out of the house “Hold on I’m coming! Where did you get all this energy didn’t you go a party last night?”

“I just have a good reason for wanting to be a school today”

“Well hold on a second. Remember I was the one who had to babysit the doll from hell last night”

-

Dahyun went to her locker first. She was surprised to see that Jin was nowhere in sight. That’s strange, I guess I better not look a gift horse in the mouth.

In anatomy, everyone looked groggy and sleepy from the night before. Dahyun patiently awaited Jungkook’s arrival. V yawned and sat down in his seat.

“Hey V, have you see Jungkook today?”

The question reminded him of last night’s events. “No I haven’t. Dahyun, I’m sorry about what I said last night. Can we just act like it never happened?”

Dahyun could care less about what happened last night. “Sure”

“Okay good” He sighed in relief. “Friends?”

“Yeah friends”

Mr. Kemp walked in and class started. Jungkook still isn’t here? He must have been too tired to come to school.

When the bell rang Dahyun went over and talked to Jimin. “Hey Jimin, have you talked to Jungkook today?”

He got really tense when she approached him. “No, no I haven’t”

“Well it’s his turn to watch the baby. And we never discussed who was going to take her for the weekend”

Jimin took the baby from Dahyun. “I’ll just give it to him after school”

Dahyun agreed “Okay, well just tell him I can’t wait to see him.”

Avoiding her gaze he quickly darted out of the classroom.

Weirdo, does he always act like that?

-

She sat down at the cheerleader’s table again at lunch. “I think Jungkook skipped school today” she mentioned.

“No he didn’t” Linzy pointed “He’s right over there”

Dahyun looked over and saw Jungkook sitting at his usual table with Jimin and V. He was wearing a hat and was he looking down. Is he trying to hide his face from me?

“I’m going over the” Dahyun stood up from the table.

“Actually, I don’t think that’s the best idea “ Linzy argued.

Dahyun ignored her advice and walked over there anyway. “Jungkook?”

He instantly recognized her voice.

“You weren’t in class today is everything all right?”

Jungkook continued to look at the table instead of up at Dahyun.

“Hello? Are you listening to me?” She moved closer to him.

“I slept in” He replied.

“Yeah, I would’ve too.”

“What do you want Dahyun?” Jungkook looked up slightly.

“I just wanted to see if you were feeling all right.” She stopped when she noticed what he was actually hiding with that hat. “Is that a black eye?!”

Jungkook looked at Jimin and then back at Dahyun. “Yes haven’t you seen a black eye before?”

“Not on you! How did you get it?”

“I got it during the game last night”

Now that’s a lie “But I saw you last night and you didn’t have a black eye then”

“Dahyun, I’m really not in the mood to talk right now”

Anger was beginning to grow inside of her.

“Just go back to your seat okay” he tried to brush her off only making her angrier.

“No, I will not!” She yelled attracting the attention of everyone in the cafeteria. “You can’t just blow me off and lie to me in the same conversation and expect me to be okay with it!”

“Dahyun, people are staring” He tried to calm her down but it was too late.

“So let them. Let them all know how big of a jerk you really are!”

He shook his head “I’m sorry Dahyun, this just isn’t going to work out”

“You’re telling me” Dahyun ran out of the cafeteria and into the girl’s bathroom. She locked herself in a stall and let herself cry it out. What a jerk!