Football Star

The Cheerleader and The Bangtan Boys

 Dahyun felt groggy and tired the next day. Oprah kept her up all night crying. She barely made it to her locker the next morning before school. Waiting there at her locker was none other than Jin.

“Gotten lost yet?” He asked.

Obviously, but I’m not going to admit that to you. “No” She emptied the books she didn’t need into her locker.

“I heard you’re the new cheerleader”

“So you’ve heard” Suddenly Oprah started crying. “Dang it” She pulled out the doll from her backpack and tried to feed it.

“Oh I remember those! I did that project last year”

When the bottle didn’t work Dahyun proceeded to burp it.

“I have a great idea. How about you and I go out together this weekend. It’ll be a much needed break from the doll. I’ll even call a sitter” Jin smiled.

“No thanks” She closed her locker and slipped Oprah back into her backpack.

Jin scrunched up his eyebrows. “No?”

She nodded “That’s right, no” and with that she walked away leaving him in disbelief.

-

Dahyun ran into her anatomy class and tossed the doll at Jungkook. “Here, take it. It’s been crying non-stop, kept me up the whole night”

Jungkook took and patted her back. She instantly became quiet.

“How did you do that?” Dahyun took Oprah and the doll started crying again.

He took the doll back and shrugged, Oprah quieted herself.

“It hates me.”

“Don’t say that”

“Then explain it. Why does it only cry when I hold it?”

He tried to come up with a reason but couldn’t “You’re right, she does hate you”

-

Dahyun was exited to get to attend practice without Oprah. Cindy looked at her “You didn’t bring that doll did you?”

“No, she’s with her father” That felt weird to say out loud.

“Good” Cindy became her usual cheery self. “Okay girls, there was a bit of a scheduling conflict, so just for today we are going to have to share a field with the football players”

The other girls on the team got super ecstatic.

“Now I know this is going to be a huge distraction but let’s try to stay focused okay?” Cindy asked.

Just as she finished talking the football players entered the field. Dahyun watched as the meat heads filled into a line on the other side of the field. Among the meat heads she saw Jimin, Jungkook and Jin.

“Ladies! I said focus!” Cindy shouted.

But focusing was practically impossible. There was nothing more captivating than a bunch of good-looking boys practicing football, even to Dahyun who hated the sport.

“1, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8, good job ladies keep it up!” Cindy shouted. “Good job Dahyun, you’re improving!”

After another half hour Cindy let everyone take a break. The squad sat down on the bleachers and drank water while watching the football team.

“Look at them go” a girl with pigtail braids commented. She looked over at Dahyun. “Hi, I’m Linzy”

“I’m Dahyun”

“I know, you’re the new girl” Linzy took another swig of water. She noticed Dahyun wasn’t really paying attention to the boys on the field “It’s okay to look”

Dahyun looked at Jungkook. He was running pacers with the other boys. His hair fully drenched in sweat. I wonder what he did with Oprah. He thought were interrupted by Linzy.

“I could watch them all day.”

Dahyun couldn’t help but agree.

“Hey are you going to the party after the game tomorrow?” Linzy asked “All the cheerleaders are invited”

“Party?”

“Yeah we have one after every game. All the football players go too, and a few other people.”

Dahyun shrugged “I don’t know I’m not much for parties”

Linzy wouldn’t take no for an answer. “But you have to go! It’s tradition”

“All the football players go?” Dahyun looked at Jungkook.

“Yes, of course!”

“Okay, I guess I’ll go” Dahyun gave in.

“eeee!” Linzy shrieked.

The coach blew the whistle that meant it was time for the football players to take a break. Cindy called for the cheerleaders to get back on the field. As Dahyun walked back onto the field she heard someone call her name. She turned around expecting it to be Jungkook when instead it was Jin. “Dahyun Fighting!!”

She rolled her eyes and continued onto the field.

Linzy nudged her “You know Jin!”

“I met him yesterday, now he won’t seem to leave me alone”

“Well you better not go out with him, he’s off limits”

Not like I wanted to “How come?”

“He used to go out with Cindy, she would totally kick you off the squad if you did”

“Wow, trust me, I’m not interested” Dahyun assured her.