First House Party?

The Cheerleader and The Bangtan Boys

Losing the game wasn’t the end of the world to Dahyun, in her mind someone had to lose.

 She went home and showered and then hitched a ride with Linzy to the party. They arrived at Cindy’s house where it was already filled with people.

“Is it always this crowded?” Dahyun asked.

“What do you mean? This is nothing compared to how many people usually come” Linzy locked her car doors and together they walked up to the door. “It looks like some people weren’t up to celebrating a loss”

Dahyun squeezed through the door. There were people standing around the entrance, blocking her from getting in. The living room was much less crowded. She saw V sitting on the couch drinking a beer.

“V!” She came over and joined him.

“Dahyun! Your cheering today was amazing”

She laughed “So you saw”

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world” He wrapped an arm around her.

“Have you seen Jungkook anywhere?”

He took back his arm and looked at her. “Why do you care?”

She shrugged “I just want to talk to him”

“You like him don’t you” V took another swig of beer “Why do all the girls I like go for other guys? What’s wrong with me? Do I smell?”

“There’s nothing wrong with you”

“Yes there is!”

Dahyun could smell his beer breath “There is not. V you’re great, never forget that okay” She got up from the couch. “I’m just not the girl for you”

-

She found Linzy in the kitchen. “Hey Dahyun! Jungkook was looking for you”

“Really where?”

Linzy scratched her head “I think he was upstairs. Hey I have an idea!” she handed her two drinks. “Why don’t you give him one?”

Dahyun looked at the drinks in her hand. “I don’t know, I’m not really much of a drinker”

“Relax! This will just make it easier for you two to talk, take away those pesky nerves.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah, now go get your man!”

Dahyun took the two drinks and made her way upstairs. “Jungkook?” No one answered. She didn’t want to open any of the rooms, afraid of what lied inside. “Jungkook?”

“Looking for someone” Jin asked. He was leaning his back against the wall. “Sadly I’m not Jungkook, but I am ten times better”

Dahyun ignored him and walked in the opposite direction.

“If you’re looking for Jungkook, he’s outside looking for you” Jin called out.

Is he actually trying to help me or is this a trick?

“Thank you” she replied before slipping away.

-

Just like Jin said, Jungkook was outside by the pool. “Jungkook” she called

“I’ve been looking for you.”

“Here” she held up the drink “I got you one”

“Thank you” He took the drink from her and took a big slip.

Dahyun tried to do the same but it was so gross she almost puked.

“Thank you for your advice on the field today”

“Oh that, it was no problem”

“It really helped. Even though we didn’t win”

The two of them sat down on the patio furniture by the pool and talked. “So is there anything you want to clarify?” Dahyun asked.

“What would I need to clarify?”

“I don’t know, there always seems to be some sort of crazy rumor going around”

Jungkook laughed “I don’t listen to rumors”

Dahyun’s ears perked up “You don’t”

“They’re all lies anyway, what’s the point?”

Dahyun couldn’t stop smiling.

“What?”

“You’re not like most guys”

“Most guys?”

She shrugged “It’s nothing”

“No now I want to know” Jungkook moved closer to her. “How am I not like most guys?”

“I used to think that this school, and everyone in it, is exactly like my old school. Like there’s nothing different, until I met you”

Jungkook nodded “I feel the same way”

“You’re just saying that”

“No really. You even said it yourself you’re not like other cheerleaders, you’re different.” Jungkook moved to edge of his seat “And I like that about you”

Dahyun’s heart pounded in her chest. She knew what was going to happen next and she was going to let it.

Jungkook initiated the kiss, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers. Dahyun, growing more confident, kissed him back enjoying every moment of it.