End Game

The Cheerleader and The Bangtan Boys

Dahyun arrived to practice just a tad bit late. “Dahyun, so nice of you to join us” Cindy grumbled.

“Sorry, I had to make up a test”

“Why don’t you come over here and stand next to me?”

Dahyun became confused. “Okay” she made her way to the front next to Cindy”

“Girls, pay attention now” Cindy looked at Dahyun “This is what happens when you come to practice late. I’m sorry Dahyun but I’m going to need you to return your pompoms and uniform and get off my field.”

“I’m sorry is this a joke?”

“It most certainly is not. You’re off the team.”

“For being tardy? Half of these girls are tardy every day!” Dahyun protested.

Cindy sighed. “Not just for being tardy. For also breaking the number one rule. X-boyfriends are off limits”

Oh no, how did she figure out about Jin!?

“I said get off my field!” Cindy yelled.

Dahyun looked at her fellow cheerleaders. No one said anything. Not even Linzy. “Fine, I didn’t want to be a stuck up drone anyway” She dropped her pompoms and ran off the field.

-

Without a ride home, Dahyun had to walk all the way home.

“You’re home early” Rapmon watched as she ran up to her bedroom. He followed her upstairs and knocked at her door. “Dahyun? Is everything okay?”

“No!” Dahyun cried “Shekickoffflablashaba” he words were illegible through her tears.

Rapmon came in and sat next to her on the bed. “What happened?”

“She kicked me out of the squad. I’m going to get expelled for sure!”

-

Jungkook waited for Dahyun where they usually met up after practice. When he didn’t see her he stopped Linzy. “Hey where’s Dahyun?”

Linzy looked at him in pity. “Oooh, you didn’t hear. She got kicked out of the squad.”

“Kicked out? How come?”

“It was brutal. Cindy kicked her out for going on a date with Jin. Poor thing”

Jungkook couldn’t believe his ears “Is she even allowed to do that?”

“Doesn’t matter, she’s the captain”

-

Jungkook made his way over to Dahyun’s house. He rang the doorbell and Rapmon answered it. “What do you want?”

“Is Dahyun home?” He asked politely.

Rapmon nodded “She’s upstairs”

He climbed the stairs and made his way to her room. Dahyun was inside packing a box.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

She looked up at him “Kookie!” She walked over to him and gave him a hug.

“I heard what happened” he hugged her tightly “Cindy is a real monster”

Dahyun slowly pulled away from the hug. “It’s no big deal”

“So what is this?” He pointed at the box.

“I’m packing”

“Packing? Where are you going?”

Dahyun sat down on the bed and signaled for Jungkook to sit down too. “The principal told me if I didn’t cheer she would expel me. She said it would make her look bad to have a delinquent in her school that wasn’t making an effort to be a better person.”

“She can’t do that!”

“I’m sorry Kookie, I really wanted this to work out”

Jungkook wasn’t going to just sit back at let some jealous cheerleader take his girlfriend away from him. “You know what, stop packing. You’re not going anywhere”

“What are you going to do?”

“Don’t worry about it. It’s all going to work out, I promise” Jungkook kissed her forehead and ran out the door.

“I sure hope it does” she mumbled.

-

The next day in anatomy the principal called Dahyun down to the office over the intercom. She got up and grabbed her stuff and made her way out the door.

Jungkook wished her good luck “Don’t’ worry you’ll be fine”

She stepped into the principal’s office. “Hello, Mrs. O’Riley, you wanted to see me?”

“Yes, do sit down” Mrs. O’Riley looked her straight in the eye making her extremely nervous. “I understand you are no longer a cheerleader”

“Yeah about that, I don’t really think cheerleading is for me. I was thinking about joining the chess club or maybe yearbook”

“Honey, I understand you’re trying I really do” Mrs. O’Riley pulled out an expulsion form. “But it’s just not going to cut it at this school”

Dahyun’s heart dropped. “I understand”

“I’ll walk you out” she offered.

-

Mrs. O’Riley walked her out giving her flashbacks from her first day at this school. She remembered how grumpy and angry she was to be here and now she didn’t want to leave. They passed by her anatomy room. Dahyun remembered meeting V, who was always positive and always made her smile. She remembered baby Oprah and seeing Jungkook for the first time. It was nice knowing you all

Mrs. O’Riley opened the school doors and gasped.

Right outside was none other than the whole football team marching in circles chanting “1, 2, 3, 4, Dahyun’s good to the core, 5, 6, 7, 8, we won’t let expulsion be her fate!”

Dahyun pinched herself to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. She saw Jungkook among them smiling at her. You did this?! For me?

“What is the meaning of this?” Mrs. O’Riley complained.

Jungkook stepped forward “Mrs. O’Riley, until you agree not to expel Dahyun, the whole football team will be on strike.”

“And the cheerleaders too” Linzy and the other cheerleaders came pouring out of the school. “Sorry for not having your back before” Linzy apologized to Dahyun.

There was now a mob of people in front of the school. Tons of other clubs were joining in just for the fun of it.

“Alright alright, stop this at once!” Mrs. O’Riley shouted.

At that moment Dahyun noticed Cindy sitting on a bench watching.

“I would be happy to let Dahyun join back in if she were a cheerleader but unfortunately she isn’t” Mrs. O’Riley acted as if her hands were tied.

Everyone looked at Cindy. “What are you all looking at?” she asked.

Jin walked over to her. “Cindy, just let her back onto the team”

Cindy looked at him and then looked back at the huge crowd of people. “Fine! You’re a cheerleader again! Happy?”

The crowd cheered!

“I’ll go shred the paperwork” The principal complained.

Dahyun ran over to Jungkook and wrapped her arms around his neck “You’re amazing” and she kissed him lovingly. 

-

At Dahyun's old school she was a nobody, she hated the popular kids and anything to do with them. Now she was one of those popular kids, she was a typical high school cheerleader with a football player boyfriend and she was probably going to get elected for prom queen.

She learned it's all about how you look at life.If you go on hating the world for all it's faults it will seem horrible but just simply changing your perspective can make your life a whole lot more enjoyable.