Good Things Never Last

The Cheerleader and The Bangtan Boys

The rumors had finally caught up to Cindy and she was on a mission to figure it out the truth. She stopped Jin in the hallway by his locker to get answers. “Hey Jin”

“Cindy, haven’t seen you in a while”

“Been on any dates recently”

Jin thought for a moment and then shook his head. “Nope don’t think so, why is this your way of asking me out?”

“You didn’t go on a date with Dahyun? Because you know I wouldn’t care right?”

“No, I did not go on a date with Dahyun”

Cindy laughed “Jin, we went out for a year. I can tell when you’re lying you know”

He shrugged “I’m not”

“Uh huh, sure”

“Whatever, see you later Cindy”

-

Cindy made her way to the locker room and found Linzy had a bunch of girls gathered in a circle.

“You guys are going to love this, I heard an interesting fact from Dahyun’s X-boyfriend, he says she was expelled from her last school” Linzy gossiped.

The other cheerleaders were shocked, including Cindy. She smirked deviously.

-

Jungkook and Dahyun were hanging out in hallway before class. They were laughing and holding each other’s hands.

That’s when Cindy walked by and ruined their good time. “You better get to class Dahyun, you wouldn’t want to get expelled again now would you? See you at practice!”

Cindy walked off leaving Dahyun and Jungkook. He looked like he was still taking in what she said. “Expelled?”

Dahyun tried to laugh it off “It’s just an ongoing cheerleader joke. She’s right though, we better get to class.”

He reluctantly followed her inside but the concerned look on his face never left.

-

After class, Jungkook spotted Suga lurking about the courtyard.

“Jungkook! Hey is Dahyun around?” Suga asks brightly.

“Did Dahyun get expelled?” he jumped straight into a question.

“Worried she’s not who you thought she was huh?” Suga teased.

Jungkook ignored his taunt “Just tell me if it’s true”

“It’s true, but you’re going to have to talk to her if you want the whole story. You see I’m here to apologize and I’m pretty sure telling people about her past wouldn’t help”

That was it, now Jungkook needed to know. He spotted her studying in the library and he pulled up a chair in front of her.

“Hey Kookie” She smiled “What’s up?”

“Why didn’t you tell me you got expelled?”

Dahyun looked around “Keep your voice down.”

“I deserve to know”

The librarian held a finger over her lips. “Shhhhh…”

“I didn’t think it was relevant” she protested.

“Well as your boyfriend, I think I deserve to know what kind of person you were before I met you”

Boyfriend?

Dahyun nodded and pulled him outside to where they could talk. “You’re right. I need to tell you the truth”

Jungkook agreed “Thank you”

“It all started freshman year….”

 

~FLASHBACK COMENCE~

Dahyun was the shy girl. Her only friends were her teachers and her books that was until she met Suga. His real name was Min Yoon Gi, but everyone at the school knew him as Suga. He was older and a bit of a troublemaker but to Dahyun he was her first friend. Together they would skip school and go hang out at the mall. Life was good with Suga and Dahyun didn’t have to worry about being lonely anymore.

“Hey meet me at the school okay” Suga told her over the phone.

“Why? It’s late?” she answered.

“Just do it, and don’t wear any bright colors!”

Dahyun met up with Suga at the school. “I don’t get it, why are we here? Don’t we do everything in our power to ditch this place?”

“Just follow me” Suga led her to the doors of the school. “What do you think?”

She looked at the big graffiti picture of the principal with devil horns. “Who did this?”

“I did” he said proudly.

“Why would you do that?!” she freaked out “You’re going to get expelled for sure!”

“What, that wouldn’t expel me.” He walked over to the water fountain and pulled out a crowbar from his backpack. “This might though” he smash the water fountain denting and probably ruining it.

“SUGA!” she yelled “What is wrong with you?”

“It’s a declaration of my love to you. You don’t like it?” He laughed.

“No I don’t like it!”

He moved on to the side of the building. He pulled out a spray paint can.

“Don’t you dare!”

He ignored her and wrote “Suga + Dahyun” with a big heart around it.

“We’re so dead”

Then they heard cop sirens in the distance. “We better get out of here” Suga grabbed her arm and together they ran to the back fence. Suga hopped over first. “C’mon”

Dahyun tried to get over the fence but her pants got stuck. “Suga I’m stuck”

The cops were closing in and Suga was realizing the consequences of his actions. “I’m sorry babe, I’m so sorry”

“Sorry about what, just help me down!”

Suga shook his head and ran off.

“Suga!” but it was too late, he was gone.

“Mam?” One of the cops pointed his flashlight at Dahyun. “I’m going to need you to come with us”

~FLASHBACK CONCLUDED~

 

“Wow” Jungkook commented. “What a jerk”

Dahyun looked at her feet. “So now you know”

He lifted her head with his finger. “It’s not your fault”

“I know, I just took the fall for it.”

Jungkook sighed “I’m so glad that’s all that happened. I was expecting you to tell me you were a drug dealer or something”

Dahyun laughed “Nope just a fool”

“You’re not a fool. You just trusted the wrong person.”