Teen Mom

The Cheerleader and The Bangtan Boys

Dahyun arrived to her anatomy class early so she decided to catch up on some homework. While she was working she could feel the presence of someone watching her. She looked up and saw V looking over her shoulder.

“So you’re in Calculus” He asked.

Dahyun nodded and tried to get back to work.

“A cheerleader in calculus, now that’s weird” he laughed.

“How did you know that?” Dahyun couldn’t believe how fast word spread at this school.

V shrugged and sat down next to her.

The teacher came in with two large black trash bags filled to the top. “Morning class!” he set down the bags and handed out packets to everyone. “Today we will start a project on parenting.”

Dahyun looked at the packet. It was instructions on how to take care of a baby.

“I will give each of you a doll and a partner and together with that partner you will raise this doll for one whole week. Now the importance of this activity is to show you….”

His words went through one ear and out Dahyun’s other ear. As she zoned out she locked eyes with V’s friend, the one she noticed on the first day of school. He pointed at the teacher and yawned earning a giggle from Dahyun.

“…So yes we are trying to scare you and I hope it works. Now I will quickly draw names from this bowl to assign partners and then you have the rest of the class time to get to know your baby and come up with a schedule to take care of it”

He listed out a few names and it was really clear to Dahyun if the students were happy with their assigned partners.

“Taehyung and Jimin”

“What no!” V groaned. “Shouldn’t I get a girl as my partner?”

The teacher shook his head.

Dahyun was worried now. The only person she knew in her class was V. At least he got paired with one of his friends.

“Dahyun and…” The teacher dug in the bowl for another name. “Jungkook”

She scanned the room to find this ‘Jungkook’. Her eyes widened when she saw it was none other than V’s other friend, the boy she made eye contact with twice before.

After Mr. Kemp finished assigning partners he began to hand out the dolls. ”Remember when your baby cries, its either one of three things. It’s either hungry, needs to be burped, or it needs a diaper change.”

Dahyun held the doll in her hands and walked over to Jungkook. “It looks like we have a girl”

Jungkook looked at the doll and laughed “It looks just like you”

“It does not”

“Yeah look, same nose!” he teased.

“So how do you want to do this?” Dahyun asked. “Scheduling wise”

“We could just switch every day.”

“Sounds good to me”

“The real question is what we should name it” Jungkook stated.

Together they looked at the doll and tried to come up with names. “What about Dahyun jr.?” Jungkook joked.

“No that’s too narcissistic”

“We could call it Oprah”

“Oprah? Really?” Dahyun shook her head.

Mr. Kemp came over to their desk “How are things going over here?”

“Good” Dahyun smiled.

“Do you have a name for your baby yet?”

“Oprah” Jungkook spoke up.

Dahyun kicked his shin and he gritted his teeth in pain.

“That’s a lovely name, well keep working” Mr. Kemp went off to help another group.

“Jungkook!” Dahyun wined

“What, I just told him our baby’s name”

“A name that we didn’t agree on”

Jungkook shrugged “You didn’t have to kick me”

-

Dahyun stopped Cindy before practice. “Hey Cindy?”

Cindy lifted her eyebrow “What’s that” She pointed at the baby doll head coming out of her backpack.

“Oh that” Dahyun pushed the head down into the backpack “Just an assignment for school. So I haven’t tried on my uniform yet but if it doesn’t fit”

“Oh it’ll fit” She interrupted.

“But if it doesn’t”

“Oh it will.”

Dahyun didn’t understand her confidence. “How do you know?”

“We all wear the same size” Cindy patted her shoulder. “Let’s go cheer!”

-

“Okay girls, this is a new routine. Let’s take it from the top” Cindy was about to start the count off when Dahyun’s baby doll went off.

“Oh sorry!” Dahyun ran over to her backpack and fed the doll a bottle.

“Let’s continue without her, a 5,6,7,8!”

Dahyun jumped back onto the field and joined the other girls. She was keeping up, hitting all the right poses when the doll went off again.

“Sorry, class project! I’m really sorry” Dahyun burped the baby doll and then quickly ran back to her spot.

The third time it went off everyone’s eyes rolled. “All right you know what!” Cindy turned from overly peppy and cheery to angry and sassy. “Just take your creepy doll and go home for today!”

Dahyun nodded and grabbed her backpack. “Sorry again”

“Don’t even think about bringing that thing back to practice!” Cindy yelled.

“Thanks a lot Oprah” Dahyun mumbled.