Chapter 8

Times Between You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- The worst part of seeing old friends is when your rose-colored memories become undone by reality. -

 

"Do this make some sense, Sunbae? It's him. I need to see him every day from now on." Gyuri unraveled her dissatisfaction upon the meeting before through a phone call. She had been holding it inside while doing the meeting with L.Kim and Sungyeol.

Right now, Gyuri was sitting on the stairs in front of DDP. It was almost ten in the night when they finished the meeting. She already told Jiyoung to leave first while she thought that she needed to talk about the event to someone. Someone who knew everything about this and still purposely put her in the scene.

Her superior laughed as soon as he heard the complain.

"Jang Dongwoo Sunbae, this isn't right for you doing something like this to me." Gyuri upset to the fact that her senior could laugh off her situation. He knew her backstories with Sungyeol and he still did this to her. Indeed, devil Dongwoo was still alive despite years.

"Why it isn't right? I don't see anything wrong with you working with him. You both are great partner before."

"You know our story didn't end good, Sunbae! Do you remember what he did to me? You were there!" Did Gyuri need to remind him about that day? He was the first person who found her standing alone in front of the hall building, unmoved.

"He never talked loud his reason to leave you, Gyuri. You still have question over it, right? Why did he leave you without reason?"

"I don't have any question upon it. It's already the end. Why should I question his reason anymore? It's four years already, I can live on without knowing the reason." Gyuri countered back.

“Who are you trying to fool, Gyuri? Whatever, it’s your problem. I don’t want to hear it. I only wanted to know if you’re working well on the project. So, do well okay?  I’ll hang up if you don’t have anything more to say.” Dongwoo cut her out without gave her another time to speak.

 

Gyuri was loss at her word while staring at her phone display. “Woah… woah… that devil was seriously. Argh!!! How can I have a superior like him?”

Gyuri grumbled about how disappointed she was about the situation. Moreover about the facts that Sungyeol just took the position that preserved to be hers. Even though she said to Seungyeon not to count her chick before it hatched, Gyuri couldn’t feel happy about the arrangement. She did expected that the position would hers soon and now it wouldn’t happened. She couldn’t even rage about it to Dongwoo. But, even though he gave her time to be upset about it, Gyuri knew she wouldn’t do it. It would only backlash to her. Dongwoo would never give her sympathy. Not in the past too. That devil managing editor of hers.

After some minutes of her talking with herself, slowly the words become fewer. Gyuri fell in to silent while watching people passing by in front her. The activities in the DPP was only become busier as the night came. Some people were walking around to enjoy night view from the UFO look-aliked building. Some other just liked Gyuri sitting on the stairs, talking with each other.  Gyuri was sinking into her thought. Ony chilly wind blew around to accompany her.

***

 

"I don't have any question upon it. It's already the end. Why should I question his reason anymore? It's four years already, I can live on without knowing the reason."

He was standing behind her since the start. Myungsoo heard everything Gyuri talked about with her senior. People was passing behind him, looked not care that his world were collapsing.

So, it was him who turned you into woman like this?  

Myungsoo observed Gyuri who was sitting not far in front him. She looked devastated and lonely. Her thought seemed like wondering inside ocean memories as she was staring blankly at the crowd. He was standing there. Watching her drowning. Myungsoo couldn’t help to see the view anymore; he picked up his phone and made a call to Gyuri. She heard her phone rang but she stared at it for a long time before decided to pick it up.

 

“Wae?” Her tone was different from before. It sounded weak.

“Nothing, I just want to call you.”

“Oh… where are you now? Still in DDP or home already?” It shocked him to hear what Gyuri said. Myungsoo expected her to say: ‘Listen, Myungsoo ya, I don’t have time to pick up your prank call. Leave me alone.’ But, she said the opposite thing.

“Uhm… Yes…” Myungsoo didn’t know how to react upon this. It was better if Gyuri cried or yell at him, but she didn’t.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter