Chapter 4

Times Between You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-People said it was hurt because it was youth. That was why you had to challenge, fight, and win it.-

 

When Gyuri said to Myungsoo to stop following her. He didn't do it. Instead, he followed her. He watched as Gyuri slipped off from her killer heels and walked bare foot. She looked tired and sad from his view sight. Her appearance also was horrible from the fight before.

Myungsoo wondered what made her changed like this.

...............................

 

"Aish, it hurts so much." Gyuri rubbed her head where the pain from fight came. When she combed her hair, some hairs fell along.It made her gaped in shock. "Did I pull that hair harder? I should have pull her hair harder untill she get bald. My hair..."

Gyuri wasn't tired or sad about what happened. Somehow, she actually only too acustomed to that situation. She knew when she needed to fight, she should do and won it.

Loser. Yongju's word rang again inside her mind.

Gyuri let out a big sigh.

You might saw her as a tough person. A rude woman. Did you think she was originally like that? Of course not. Who was born like that from the start?

It was life experience who tought her to be stronger.

 

Summer, 2003

"Omma, did you take my saving money from my room?" Gyuri ran out from her room brought along her saving box. It was all emptied. She stared at her mother who was sitting in the living room treating her nails while watching tv.

"Ah? No." Her mother diverted her sight from Gyuri. She didn't dare to look at Gyuri.

Gyuri knew it. "OMMA! Why did you take it?! I save it for my college trips!"

"Omo! Ya! I just borrowed it for a while! It's not like I won't pay you back. I will!"

"Please return it before next week, Omma."

She never returned the money. Gyuri must cancel her plan to join the trips she wanted to go so much.

 

Spring, 2005

"Oppa... Yongju ya... how can you do this to me?" Gyuri stood still. Looked horrified by the scene in front of her.

What did her boyfriend do with her best friend since high school inside his apartment alone? Kissing. Yes, Yongju kissed her boyfriend. They seemed enjoy each other presence. 

"Gyuri ya... it's not like what you see." Her boyfriend looked flustered when he saw Gyuri stood in front them.

"What doesn't like I saw?" Gyuri's hand trembled, but she hold it.

Yongju joined along."We didn't do anything."

"But I saw things. I saw you kiss Junmoo oppa." Gyuri couldn't believe it.

"We are not kissing, Gyuri. It just there's something hurt her eyes. I just help her to blow it."

Useless explaination. It was obvious that they were kissing, but that time Gyuri chose to believe it because she thought it just one time. Maybe, this was just a mistake. It was impossible for Yongju to betray her.

They were best friend. Gyuri shared everything with her. They went through many things together.

But one month later, she found out that Yongju went out with her boyfriends. She did it many times behind Gyuri's back.

 

Winter, 2007

"Sunbaenim, it was my article. How could you turn that in and said it's yours?" Gyuri was upset because on the meeting before the senior journalist who she worked with took her article.

"Really? It's not. I wrote it myself." The person she confronted with acted indifferent. 

"You said it's not good enough to put it on this edition, but you turned it in."

"YA! So accused me for taking your filthy article? It even didn't worth for my time to read it."

"No, I didn't mean like that..."

"What's happened here?" Jang Dongwoo, the team leader that time came into the scene.

"This new girl accused me for doing something I don't do." The senior blamed her for everything.

It made Jang Dongwoo called her to talk personally. Gyuri lossed at her word when he concluded it as it was her fault to let people took her work.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter