Chapter 6

Times Between You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-No matter how hard you avoid to meet someone, if you are meant to meet him or her, in the end you'll meet, because it is your fate. -

 

Myungsoo sat on the sofa beside his bed. He spun his phone while staring outside the window. Thinking about what happened last night.

"We are born to the world alone and will be back alone. Why we need to consider other people feeling? I'm already tired to act nice with people that nice to me. So, why I need to act nice with people who treated me badly?"

 

He remembered what Gyuri yelled about.

Which turn you into someone who likes to be alone better?

Gyuri that Myungsoo knew was afraid to be alone.

***

 

"Kkam-Kkam, where are you?" Gyuri walked alone in the middle of night calling for Myungsoo. "Please don't play something like this."

The boy was hiding in bushes. Giggled softly while looking at Gyuri who seem already wanted to cry. He liked to see Gyuri’s reaction. It made him feel that she cared about him.

"Kkam-kkam, please don't do this. Get out already."

Myungsoo finally decided to stop his play before she really cried. But, she cried right after he stepped out after a while. Myungsoo didn’t understand girl sometimes. They cried when he didn’t do it and also cried for the opposite act. But it didn’t matter as long as Gyuri quickly hugged him tight. He liked Gyuri’s hug the most. It felt warm and home.

"Why are you crying, Gyul? I'm just playing around with you." Myungsoo wiped her tears off.

"Don't play something like this again. It scared me."

"Are you scared to be alone?"

Gyuri nodded. "Don't do that anymore, okay?"

Myungsoo regretted to play something like this when she was afraid of being alone. Myungsoo would never want to leave her alone anymore. He would stick on her every time.

***

 

"Why are you calling?" It was the greeting Myungsoo got when he called Gyuri.

"Did you sleep tight last night?"

"Why? You don't need to worry about me. I'll hang up. Don't call me. I'm busy."

The call was disconnected. Myungsoo looked at his phone unbelievably.

"It seems like you have a good sleep last night judged by how energetic you are." Myungsoo talked to his phone. He put down his phone looking at the small notes on his glass window.

 

Seoul Jongno gu Chungun dong 601

He tapped the paper while thinking.

***

 

Myungsoo stood in front of Gyuri's house front door. He pulled up the lid for entering door password, but didn't push the button right away. Instead, he picked up his phone and made a call.

 

"Ya, why are you calling me again? Erase my number. I don't wanna talk to you." As usual, Gyuri answered his call with irritated tone.

"But, you're picking it up and talk to me. It only makes me wanna call you more."

"Listen well, Myungsoo ya... This nuna isn't a person that you can call as you want. I'm busy."

"Where are you right now?"

"Going to eat lunch. Why did you ask? I won't meet you."

Myungsoo smiled in amusement.

"It doesn't matter if you don't want to meet me. In the end, we will meet because I always keep my promise." Myungsoo really wanted to tease Gyuri. No matter it was in the past or present, he thought Gyuri's reaction was funny. How she acted strong in front him but it didn't sound that much.

"Oh... now you're good at talking, huh? Who taught you to talk like that?"

Myungsoo shifted his stance. He leaned back on the fence brick wall from Gyuri's house. "The one who taught me to talk is you, but I come up with those sentence my self."

"Funny." Gyuri said in sarcasm.

"But, why did you keep talking to me informally?"

"I have been talking informally to you since you were born. Beside I'm older than you."

"So, you acknowledged that we are no stranger, aren't you? We can live together, then."

There was a silent on Gyuri's side before she barked. "I didn't say that. You still cannot live in my house. I'll hang up!"

"I'll hang up." Myungsoo mimicked Gyuri's words before she said the sentence. He chuckled when she said the exact line. "It's not that bad. I think I can handle her. But, we need to fix this habit."

He meant about her rude words and hung the call first before they finished to talk.

Myungsoo pushed the password to open Gyuri's door house. He did it since he knew Gyuri was in her office. So, that was okay for him to rummage around the house without its owner.

 

He looked around the house for a while, to get familiar with the place.

"This is the living room. Humhh..." The space seemed cleaned regularly thought it got a little bit clumsy arrangement. It had basin placed in the middle room and hangers on the sofa.

He proceed to walk to the kitchen, bathroom, second floor where his room would be. The house seemed in good condition or you could say the cleaner place seemed never used that often. Refrigerator only filled by packs of healthy juice.

"We need some real foods here." Myungsoo examined

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter