Chapter 14

Times Between You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- True friend definition is to be there even when you have difficult moment of your life, not only in happiest time. -

 

Her phone was ringing so loud in the morning. Gyuri was in dreamland when it happened. She hardly heard the sound after it rang for the fifth time. She s out from her blanket to find her phone.
“Yoboseyo,” she answered it half-awaken. Her soul was not gathered yet, but what she heard, it woke her in instant. “WHAT?!”

Gyuri threw her blanket in one push and sat down. Her eyes were fully open-widened.

“Y-yes, Team Leader. I don’t know how it was done, but your article for special edition was released on Dazed.” The newest member in her team informed Gyuri in stuttered voice. She was afraid that Gyuri would scold her.

Gyuri couldn’t believe the news. Dazed, it was Hi.Life’s sister company, Yongju’s headquarter. How could it be there such coincidence? It was just several days ago she saw Yongju in Hi.Life, and then this thing happened. She had no connection to this, right? Please, tell her it was not.

 

“I’ll be there in twenty minutes. By the time I came, I want you to find out who is the reporter behind that article.” Gyuri rushed out from the bed, grabbed the nearest dress to wear. She ran to bathroom outside the room to wash her face before putting a quick make up. There was no time to do it, but she should do it. Which female in South Korea dare to walk around the city without make up in her face? She would find a way.

“Woowoah… Gyul, why are you in such hurry?” Gyuri made a commotion in the morning and grabbed Myungsoo’s attention who was in the middle of cooking breakfast.

“Something happen in company. I need to get there in twenty minutes. I have no time.” Gyuri answered while she washed her face.

“I will take you there.” Myungsoo turned off the stove and ran to upper floor to take his coat and car key while Gyuri was getting ready. She decided to do make up routines in the car since it would be Myungsoo who driving.

***

 

While she was on the way to Hi.Life’s Headquarter, her mind was busy with all the possibilities. How could the article fall to other company? She ran as soon as the car arrived in the front door. When she was going to her team, she heard some people sneered on her failure to keep her own article. Some of them could comment really harsh liked they were already waiting for today to see the almighty Gyuri fell down from her throne.

Since the project was started, some people on other team voiced out their disagreement. They thought they were way more competent to write it rather than Gyuri. The decision invariably fell into Gyuri, just because she was closer to the managing-now-is-chief-editor. Some of them thought that she slept with Dongwoo or had relationship with him. Whatever she did, people would be forever gossiping about her. Gyuri was no surprise at all. She already used to it anyway.

What was running inside her mind right now only to find out how the article flew out to another company? She only needed to give it to production team along with the other content for special edition. Then this was happened. It was ten days before D-Day. This was killing her straightly.

 

“Did you find out?” Gyuri asked as soon as she opened their team office door. Jiyoung ran to her while bringing the problematic magazine edition. Sungjong followed her behind. He also looked worried.

“I cannot find out. Dazed said it was special coverage and they won’t say who was behind this article. Look there is also L.Kim’s photo when they are doing interview.”

That was a photo in restaurant. It was taken in candid style. Liked it was purposed to be liked that. Gyuri didn’t believe that Myungsoo did an interview with Dazed. He would tell her if he did.

“How could they do this?! If I sue them for taking someone’s property, will they keep their silence?” Gyuri was infuriated.

“But, Chief said to close this case already. He doesn’t want to make a commotion over this.” Sungjong added the information.

“Is he crazy? This is our special edition project and main theme! How could he do that?” Gyuri couldn’t accept that Dongwoo did again what he did to her eight years ago. Closed his eyes from the injustice. “I cannot do this. I should go to him.”

Gyuri spun around to the door.

“Team Leader, he is in Manager’s room.” Sungjong shouted the information to her.

Gyuri was half-running to Sungyeol’s room and slow it down several steps before she came to the door. She tried to manage her breath and looked calm. If she acted rashly Dongwoo wouldn’t hear her protest. She needed to fight with rational reason to win the argument with her chief. From several steps before the door, Gyuri heard a conversation. There were man and woman. She recognized the male sound, they were Dongwoo’s and Sungyeol’s and for the female one… Gyuri couldn’t believe she heard it.

 

“Anyway, really thank you for the article.” It was Yongju. Their conversation sounded suspicious. Yongju kept talking about the article she had in the newly released edition.

Gyuri slammed open the door and charged toward Yongju.

“Is it you?”

Yongju stared back at Gyuri innocently. Blinked several times then she answered, “Yes, it is me.”

Gyuri slapped the woman in front of her. Yongju’s eyes widened. She raised her hand too and slapped back in revenge.

“YA!!!” Both of them screamed and grabbed each other person’s hair at the same time.

“Why you keep taking everything in my possession? Aren’t you satisfied with your own?! Or you cannot make it on your own? So, you aren’t that great?” Gyuri voiced out her dissatisfaction from the past event. Not even once she ever said to Yongju before, today they would finish it in one go. To do or die.

 

Dongwoo and Sungyeol were trying to separate both women quickly. But, the females were too strong.

“What? What did I do?” Yongju answered Gyuri in provocation tone.

“You took Junmoo oppa and my other boyfriends. Don’t you have it enough now?”

“Junmoo oppa, you were the one who took him from me! I have my eyes on him first! You know it and still go to him!” 

“Stop it!” Finally Dongwoo and Sungyeol succeeded in separating those two. Each of them pulled one person. Dongwoo took Yongju while Sungyeol took Gyuri. Everyone was panting hard.

“You always say you like every guy you saw! How could I know that you’re serious with him?!  How about now, you even want my article too?! Enough already. You think I will let you go like in the past?”

“What article?”

“L.Kim special coverage. You took and released it on Dazed.”

“What kind ridiculous thing you just say? Me? Taking your article? Is it worth for it?” Yongju scoffed.

“You!”

 

“It was my doing.” Dongwoo’s word turned the tides. He spoke calmly. “I’m the one who give the article to Dazed’s chief.”

“What? I mean why? Sunbae, you said it was an important project but you gave them to Dazed! Are you really not crazy?” Gyuri knew that her word choice shouldn’t be liked that, but she didn’t care. She really did think Dongwoo had lost his mind. She felt betray. Out of all people she knew that would betray her, she never thought Dongwoo as an option. Today, he proved that he wasn’t different.

“Don’t trust me either.” His word rang again inside. Gyuri should know that it was true.

 

“Simple, it wasn’t the article that I want from you. It can do better on Dazed, but not Hi.Life’s special edition.”

Gyuri didn’t know what to say anymore, especially when that person asked her to come up with new concept. For God’s sake, it was ten days from now, the publication date. Jang Dongwoo was really a devil reincarnation. He even smiled when he ordered her to do so.

***

 

Gyuri had no energy left when she came back from talking with Dongwoo. In a second, it did passed on her mind to find voodoo doll and put his name on it, but she quickly turned it into optimize one. She thought rather than grumbling about her dissatisfaction about the event, it would be b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter