Chapter 16

Times Between You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-“I love you” does not mean “I won’t ever leave you”.-

 

“It is liver cancer, final stage.”

The sentences rang about thousand time more inside Gyuri’s mind after the doctor came out from emergency room to inform people who was waiting for him. Seungyeol was nearly one step to death, but lucky, what Dongwoo did help a little and the ambulance car arrived fast.  For the moment, Sungyeol was safe. But, the information didn’t make Gyuri felt at ease; instead it hit her hard when she learned about the news.

 

She thought about lately. No wonder Sungyeol looked different. He also never took caffeine or ate junk foods like he used to do. She just realized that day when they met again for the first time, he also didn't take a sip of coffe that Jiyoung bought for him. Then, when he treated her team people for lunch or dinner occasionally, Gyuri never heard or saw Sungyeol at anything he ordered for them. She just realized it. How could she never take a notice about the weird habit of him since he came back?

 

“Here, drink this.” Someone offered her a bottle of cold drink. It was Myungsoo.

Dongwoo also stood beside him. He already finished Sungyeol registration to stay in hospital. When Gyuri stared at him, Dongwoo smiled awkwardly and diverted his gaze to other side. It was another first time Gyuri saw him speechless. He might have felt so bad for lying to Gyuri about Sungyeol’s illness.

“Are you okay? You must be really shock.” Dongwoo asked her after wiping his face.

“Jang Dongwoo, you are really…” Gyuri sighed heavily. It was like something stuck inside her chest and it was hurt. How could Dongwoo and Sungyeol hide the fact from her? “Why lately I only have disappointment about you?”

Dongwoo smiled bitterly. “I said it. Don’t trust me.”

The sentences once again came into the situation. Yeah, Gyuri shouldn’t have trusted him for everything.ht because he worried about he She thought Dongwoo was after her that nigr, but then it seemed thing not liked that. Was that Sungyeol’s request? How could they keep her in dark for these years?

 

“Oppa, how is he?” Someone was running toward them. It was Yongju. She came alone with her own car since Dongwoo came to hospital with ambulance car. Gyuri followed with Myungsoo driving his car right after Dongwoo.

 

Suddenly an anger urge rose inside her when she saw Yongju came in perfect form. I mean, she looked worried but she still took her time to come. Right inside the room behind her, there was Sungyeol laying in the bed. Gyuri, who still didn’t know the fact that those two were not dating, condemned her.

 

“He safe for now. Sungyeol is resting inside.” Dongwoo answered Yongju. She let out relieve sigh.

“It is good that he is fine. I thought this time he would not hang on.” Yongju took a seat. “I have already handled the situation behind. People was bewildered, it was hard to calm them down.”

“You did a good job. Thank you.” Dongwoo rubbed Yongju’s back.

 

Did she also know that Sungyeol had that terminal ill? Suddenly the thought of Yongju knew something about Sungyeol that Gyuri didn’t know make her felt sorrow. Gyuri used to know every single thing about him, but suddenly the four years separation surely made a big different. The person who stood beside him wasn’t Gyuri anymore. It shouldn’t be her any longer.

 

“Let’s go.” Gyuri said to Myungsoo gloomily. She stood near Myungsoo, tugging his shirt lightly and stared at him to save her from the scene soon. It was hard for her to breathe here. There are big slump clogging inside her chest that prevent her to inhale air. The hospital scent mixed with Yongju‘s perfume made her felt sick. Just being near to Yongju already made her felt unwell.

“Are you going now? You don’t want to see him awake? Stay longer here.” Dongwoo asked her when she walked with Myungsoo. Gyuri shook her head weakly.

 

Why should she stay longer when he got his date beside him? Gyuri thought that while leaving the hospital.

***

 

Continuously cough sound, occasionally spitting out something, then water flushed. The room was dim and silent. The only sound was coming from bathroom. The bathroom door was opened after a while. Sungyeol walked out from inside there, dragging his infusion pole. He had been vomiting every time he tried to eat something. His body couldn’t digest the food normally anymore.

 

“It has been worsening, Sungyeol ssi. You should hospitalize from now. You cannot roam around like before anymore. It’s dangerous for you.” The doctor’s word replayed to him mentally.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter