Chapter 7

Times Between You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Love, people, they're all the same. In the end, there's one conclusion. I am alone. From the beginning to the end.-

 

Winter, 2011

It was a happy day despite the cold weather outside. People gathered together. Stayed close to each other for warmth.  All of them wore pretty clothes. The hall was decorated by flower bouquets and crystal glass was built high beside the tall three storey cake. The room was loud since people were busy catching up. The sweet and savory foods and wine smell spread all over the room. Then, night became older. People started to became less than before. One by one was left. The sweet taste that made her felt happy and giddy became something repugnant to her. 


She was standing there. Ashamed. Hurt. Betrayed. You know, what made her looked scarier? She didn't cry. No, she chose not to cry no matter how hurt her feeling right now. She thought there was no reason to feel sad or cry. Relationship came to an end was a natural occurrence. Like people born and died. It was a circular cycle of life. In the end of the night she was still alone. No one came for her. 
*** 
 

Still Winter, 2011

Gyuri was sitting in front him. Her eyes bore into his. She questioned what kind thing he told her just now. It was a week after that night and this guy invited her to high class restaurant to talk. And what he said was, "I want us to break up." 

Was he trying to give her honey before poison her to death? Gyuri didn't think she was in her right mind that time. Her mind went blank on the statement. She didn't understand. She would never understand why Sungyeol chose to break her on that day rather than the other time? Why Sungyeol should break the last hope of trust she gave to him? 
But, she didn't cry in front him. She hold in so much until her nails bore into her palm and left deep mark if not bleeding. "Give me a glass of ice cream," she said to the waiter who passing by their table. She looked at Sungyeol like asking him whether he wanted it too or not. But, she got no answer from him. So, she only ordered for one person. It didn't take a long time for the waiter to be back with ice cream for her.

"I'm asking you to break up, Gyuri. And you're ordering ice cream."  Sungyeol asked after a while. 
"I know, let's break up after I ate my ice cream," Gyuri pretended to be all fine while enjoying her ice cream.
"Are you not holding onto me? Aren't you telling me to stay?" 
Gyuri put down her spoon. "If I ask you, then  will you stay?" She challenged back. 
"Do you think people hanging on because they know that person will stay?" 
"Yes. I don't want to waste my time and energy on people who wanted to leave at first. No matter of what, they will leave." 
"People still hold on even when they are not sure if the person they are holding on will stay or not. It doesn't matter since what's matter is their feeling. They want to do it. Don't you think it's important..."
"For me, it's not important. Feeling is luxury and silly for me." Gyuri cut Sungyeol's word.

Sungyeol became silent before he stood after a while. "I can't talk to you."
"We are talking right now, what did you mean with 'can't talk to me'?"
"Let's stop here." Sungyeol didn't give her another chance to hold him on and Gyuri also didn't want to.


In the end, Gyuri never got to know Sungyeol's reason to leave her alone that day. Gyuri didn't know what made Sungyeol broke their engagement.  The very next day, Sungyeol flew out of South Korea left her hanging without answer. 
***

"S-sungyeol," Gyuri wanted to put a blame on her stuttered words. She looked stupid right now. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter