Stay With Me

The Lady Behind the Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

 

Stay with Me

 

 

Mrs. Choi closes the door behind her and walks to the edge of their king size bed where she takes a seat. A deep sigh escapes from her lips as she recalls the events that happened earlier at the party. Everything happened so fast, as if it never takes place, so disturbing, a spine-chilling event that crept to her bones. She wasn’t expecting everything that has takes place.

 

She remembered the hair-raising feeling when she saw her face. The face of the person that she hasn’t seen for so long and never thought that she’ll see once again. She’s the same exact replica of her dear friend- the friend that died decades ago.  They have the same hair length as far as she can remember, same eyes that forms into inverted crescent moon as she smiles, wide toothed smile that brightens your day, and a great sense of humour that wouldn’t bore anyone. How can someone look the same? How can they have the same personalities? They are like two peas in a pod. How can someone not related can look exactly the same?

 

“Tiffany may I asks where were you born?”, Mrs. Choi asks the girl as soon as she felt comfortable with her.

 

She gently stares at her as to not intimidate the younger woman. She felt a tremendous pull of connection with her that she can’t explain. Curiosity filled her mind when she saw the younger woman.

 

“Oh I was born in California. My parents both grew up over there.”, Tiffany smiles at her as she speaks fondly of her parents. She enthusiastically tells her how her parents met, how they speak about their Korean heritage, how the way people live in Korea, and how it affected her greatly to pursue her education here. “I’m sorry Mrs. Choi I was too engrossed on telling you my story.”, she sheepishly smiles at her making the elder woman smile.

 

“It’s alright. I’m happy that you speak greatly of your parents. I can see that they have loved you and cherished you perfectly.”, Mrs. Choi reaches for her hand and gives it a squeeze. “You know what you look like someone I know.”

She notices a flash of alarm in her eyes for a second but pay no attention to it. ‘That must have caught her unaware.’ Tiffany instantly smiles at her and asks about that friend which made her beam a smile.

 

“Her name is Jung Yerin . She was my classmate at SNU in Business department. She’s a great person.”, Mrs. Choi smiles at the thought of her friend who was the main reason to where she is right now. Yerin is the type of person that is loved by many. As far as she knows the female, no one claimed to have hated the woman, even those who are jealous of her relationship with her long time boyfriend. Everyone that she knows personally are wrap in her own little fingers, in a good way.

 

If someone would ask her why she loved that tiny little friend of her, the answer will be simple, it’s because of her kindness.  She’s a friend who didn’t care if she came from an affluent family or not. She didn’t look at her like what other people do. She’s a person who’s too forgiving for her own good. Yerin is a friend who’s too good to be true.

 

“I guess she’s a really good person and you’re a great friend.”, Tiffany smiles at her with adoration, she didn’t know if it’s towards her or to the main character of her story.

 

“Yeah she is.”Mrs. Choi smiles back at her.

 

If only she’s alive, she is pretty damned sure that Tiffany and Yerin had a great time like she did. If she’s only alive, then she won’t have to lose her only true friend. If she’s only alive, she won’t have to suffer like this. If only Yerin is alive.

 

 

 

Yuri twirls her hand that holds the wineglass as she lazily looks at the night scenery from her spot. The beautiful Kwon heiress has been drinking in solitary since she came in to the bar. Men and even women have been obviously hitting and eyeing on the sombre art of a woman. Who wouldn’t hit on her? If there’s a beautiful and y girl sitting alone in the corner of the room.

 

Her tight white fitting dress hugs on her every curve. The top which is a low V-cut shows an ample amount of her tanned bosom. Her long arms are accentuated by the sheer white illusion. The skirt of her dress is an inch above her knee that emphasizes her toned legs, thanks to her favourite past time work. A devilish dark red stiletto is on her feet making her look more classically y.

 

The beautiful face of hers didn’t lose out. Her long brown dyed hair is tied in a clean high ponytail that shows her dark makeup face. Dark eye shadows with winged style eyeliner made her eye bigger. The additional grey doll eye contacts help to improve her eyes look more daringly y. Her eyebrows are sleekly brush. A bright red tint highlights her plump lips. Overall, those that surround her are arouse by the seductively looking female.

 

But the woman in question is oblivious to the hungry looks around her. The woman who’s physically at the bar has her mind drifting away from the place. She has been thinking about her small talk with her best friend earlier. How can they come up to that conclusion? Just because she thinks he’s handsome it doesn’t mean she likes him. It can be just a physical attraction, right? ‘Physical attraction means lusting for him.’, the evil side of her conscience says. No, she’s not lusting for him. She can’t have a lusting attraction on a friend. It’s like lusting for Seungri or Daesung which is a big NO NO. She just finds him handsome and y. Who wouldn’t? When you see those muscled biceps and tight six pack abs, any sane girl would find the word y next to Youngbae.

 

Talent wise, there is no doubt that he’s one of the best producer and songwriter in the country. Most of the idols and artists in Korea made it big because of his good produce. He got one of the best brains when it comes to music. Hell, she listens to the music that he produced not because of the artist but because it was done by him. She even prefers to hear his own singing voice in the demos than by those auto tuned so called artist. ‘You’re just pure bias.’, the evil conscience once again says. No, she just prefers true voice than robotic sounding ones.

 

 

 In terms of personality he is one of a kind, he’s different with the other boys that she usually hangout with. He’s not an overly extrovert like Seungri, but not the typical introvert who only wants solitarily over social gatherings. Most people perceived him to be one since he’s a songwriter-composer which is the archetypical example of introverts. He’s the type of man who enjoys his lone time but doesn’t discard the thought of being accompanied by someone which by the way he really enjoys. He’s not an analytical thinker but neither an unreasonable or blunt like her good old friend.

 

He’s not an extravagant person like Daesung, he’s more on the simplistic side who prefer things that are simply black and white. Even though he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he never uses that to his way of living. He prefers to live in his own simple life, where he enjoys eating out on the street market for dinner more than at some high class restaurant, he drives a simple compact Korean Manufactured car over some imported Benz, to take good care of a street dog over some high breed dog, a bottle of cheap soju more than a bottle of aged French wine and many more. But he does appreciate some out of the country vacation and 5 star hotel accommodations.

 

Another thing is that he’s not an egomaniac or even a walking deity of libido like JiYong. He’s far far from that. The guy is a hand down angel from the above who will never seek fame and power for his own selfish ways. Well, her brother isn’t as bad like she proclaims him to be but when compared she can say nothing good about him. The guy appreciates every little thing that is given or done to him. He gives credit to everyone who gave a hand to him. He’s just oh so perfect.

 

‘And you say you don’t like him.’, her evil conscience once again pop on her mind.

 

‘Because I don’t.’

 

‘Denial won’t do anything good to you. Just admit that you’re starting to fall for the guy. Brush off that stupid rule on not to mess with a guy friend.’

 

Yuri shuts off her evil conscience and just straight up drinks her half full glass of wine. She stands up from her seat and hands down the some money to the waiter. She makes her way to the elevator where she met the person that has been bugging her mind. Her eyes shifted from him and to the person leaning on his side.

 

‘Damn.’

.

+

.

Youngbae opens the door of the passenger seat and courteously held the hand of the woman with him. The young songwriter-composer walks arm in arm with the woman to the lobby of the hotel where they are greeted by some bellboys. He leads his partner to the elevator and presses the button to their designated level.

 

The woman beside him was smirking during the entire walk along the lobby of the hotel. She clearly saw the looks that the envious women were giving her and the lustful look that they are giving to the young man walking by her side. The finely dress Youngbae looks dashingly handsome and y with his plain navy blue long sleeves shirt that firmly hugs his toned muscled biceps, broad shoulders and chest, and y covered stomach. The guy might be small in stature when it comes to height but no one can deny the irresistible no-need-too-much effort ero pheromone of the guy.

 

The chime sound of the elevator snaps her out of her reverie. Youngbae leads her out of the glass confinement when she sees a beautiful woman standing on their way. The man beside her abruptly halts on his walk making her bump on his back. She looks at him and grins as she saw his shocked then contentment then expression. The man has been expressionless since he picks her up from her house and now he’s giving her different type of expression. She pulls him out of his mind blankness and gives his arm a pinch.

 

“Yuri?”, she raise an eyebrow as soon as he speak the woman’s name.

 

“Oh hi there Youngbae.”, she eyed the woman in front of her and saw the look of a green-eyed woman. Being the playful girl that she is, she pushes herself closer to Youngbae’s arm.

 

“Hi! Are you a friend of Youngbae?”, she asks her with her angelic but taunting devious voice. She clearly saw the exchange that made her want to play on their feelings.

 

Youngbae snaps out from ogling, ‘Not ogling.’ but staring, at the beautiful woman in front of him. “Yes, Jieun I want you to meet Kwon Yuri. Yuri meet Lee Jieun.”, He briefly introduces the two woman.

 

“Hi! Yuri, it’s nice meeting you.”, he looks at Jieun who extends her hand in front of Yuri who reaches out and did the shaking hands.

 

“It’s nice to meet you too.”, Yuri gives her a small smile. The looks in her eyes pained him and he doesn’t even know why. ‘Why does she look sad?’, “I’m sorry I have to go now.”, she walks pass the two of them and heads in front of the elevator.

 

Youngbae didn’t get a chance to give her a second look since he’s suddenly pulled to the restaurant by Jieun. The two of them walks inside where the two of them are greeted by a female waiter. He let Jieun do the talking as they are lead to their reserved table. They are given a menu which they scanned for a minute before saying their orders. As soon as the waiter walks away, Jieun starts talking to the guy about her recent adventures and trip to the other countries. She blissfully informs him of the cool sights that is not a mainstream travel spot.

 

During her whole talk, Youngbae has his mind unconsciously drifting to the beautiful friend that he saw earlier. He can’t erase from his memory of the sad looking Yuri. He hasn’t recall a time when she has that expression when she’s with him. All those times he only saw smiles and laughter from her. She has that kind of smile that brightens up his days even though he doesn’t want to admit it. Her very existence can make his day especially wonderful. That’s why when he saw her sad eyes it bothers him too much. What happened to her? Who made her sad?

 

“-bae! Oi Youngbae! Are you with me?”, Jieun snaps her finger in front of him. It made him startled as he glares at her. “Oh you’re back. Thank goodness! I thought you’re sleeping on me now!”, she relaxingly leans back to the chair as she ty grin back at him.

 

“Sorry.”, Youngbae scratch his cheeks. “What are you saying?”

 

Jieun huffs haughtily and glares at the daze man in front of her. “I said go and follow her.”

 

Youngbae eyes widen. He can’t comprehend where their talk is moving. “Follow who?”, he asks even though he knows the answer to the obvious question.

 

“Yuri duh.”, she rolls her eyes at him. “I don’t want to date a man whose mind is drifting off to another woman.”

 

Youngbae shakes his head and smiles softly at her that made the woman blush for the first time. “I’m sorry Jieun. I’ll make it up to you.”, he stands from his seat and bows his head.

 

“No need. Go! Shoo! You stupid songwriter.”, she dismiss him using her hands as she looks at the other side, away from him. She didn’t have to take a look at the man who immediately disappears. A silent tear roll down on her eyes that she wipe.

 

“Stupid.”

 

Several knock awakes Tiffany from her deep slumber. She groggily covers her eyes with her arm as she tosses herself to the side. Another series of knocks awakes her. She hisses at the intruder who keeps on knocking on her door. She looks at the clock set on the bedside table and sees the time. 02:36 AM. ‘Who the hell is disturbing me?’ She stands from her laying position and grabs her robe that’s hanging on her seat.. She walks to the door and peeks a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter