The Choices that We Make

The Lady Behind the Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel her soft luscious lips on my own. She's aggressively giving me the time of her life. I mentally smirk at her reaction. I am about to respond when I feel her lips away from me.

'Dang'

"That's my thanks for saving me. I hope you had enough.", she wet her lips using her tongue before ily walks away leaving me on my bewildered state.

 


Chapter 10

 

The Choices that We Make

 

The sun is already up in the sky, birds are humming their own sounds and the streets are already noisy with the honking sounds of the vehicles. A loud groan echoes underneath the thick blanket. A hand push the blanket down revealing a half- messy haired guy.

JiYong who just woke up from his deep slumber stretches his arms and limbs. A cracking sound comes as he flexes his neck from side to side. He looks up to his clock and noticed that it's already quarter to one. Lazily, he pull himself out of the comfort of his bed and walks to the shower to take a bath.

He gazes at the reflection on the mirror and click his tongue. The image isn't the look that he wants to see. Dark swollen bags, red eyes and plump face is what he saw. Even after the cold bath it didn't do anything good for him.

"You can handle the shop alone. I don't want anyone disturbing me alright!", he hang up the call after giving orders to his staff.

All he wants right now is some peace of mind and silence. He trudge down to the kitchen and starts heating up some water for his instant noodles. While waiting for the water to boil, JiYong slips himself to the bar stool and leans his head on the counter. He closes his eyes and let his mind drift off somewhere. But what he did made him more restless.

The kiss that happened between him and the girl from the bar pop on his head. Her sweet ocean smell, soft and plump lips. Everything about her made him frustrated. It never happened to him. He smack his head on the countertop to ease his aching head.

'That hurts.'

.
+
.

Taeyeon awakes groggily from her sleep. She can feel her brain pounding hard on her skull. The intoxicating smell of alcohol is still on her body. She looks down and sees her clothes from last night still hanging in her body. She sluggishly move out from her bed and went to the bathroom.

She dries her long hair with the fluffy towel and starts dressing up for the day. Picking up a simple black pullover and denim short shorts, light makeup gives color to her face. After putting down the lip tint back to her bag, she immediately head down the hall and walk to the garage.

"Miss Taeyeon.", someone called from behind. Taeyeon turns her head and sees one of their maid running towards her.

A deep sigh escape from her lips. She cross her arms and raise one of her painted eyebrow up. The girl in front of her got intimidated and stars looking at the floor as if it's the most interesting thing in the world. "What?", a menacing tone escape from her making the maid flinch.

"I'm sorry Miss but Mr. Kim wants to talk to you.", the maid starts rubbing her hands in nervousness. She heard a lot of things about the lady of the house. And not one thing is good about her.

"Is that how you talk to your mistress?", she flinch once again at the lady's voice. The cold authoritarian voice of her will make everyone freeze on their spot.

Taeyeon search her head in annoyance and turns her back to the maid. She opens the door to the drivers seat and starts the engine of her car. The maid runs to the side and starts calling out for her name. A small smirk forms to her lips. She gives her a teasing wave before heading fast out of the garage. A soft chuckle can be heard from her as she hears the maid shouting out for her name.

She needs a haircut a really short cut.

 

 


A man in his twenties stands in front of the station. Girls and women drools obviously at the hunk of a man. Wearing a simple long black and red stripe shirt, black denim pants and black loafer shoes. Seunghyun looks devilishly hot in the muscle fitting clothes while wearing a wide rim clear eyeglass.

A confident woman walks in front of him and bite her lips as she looks in to his eyes. "Are you alone? Want to join me for lunch?", an obvious flirtatious tone comes from her.

Seunghyun looks at the girl from head to toe and throws one of his handsome smile. A deep dimple smile that made the girl's knees gelatinous and heart stop. "Sorry but I don't do s.", his deep and husky yet monotone voice killed the hope of the woman.

"What the hell! How dare you call me a !", the woman shouts making some heads turn to their attention.

Her shrill voice made his head aches. Seunghyun glares at the woman, he stands up straight and look down at her. The woman, even though angry to her hearts content, get inferior at the man's obvious superior aura. "Just look at yourself in the mirror and you'll know that I'm saying the truth.", he walks away from her leaving the girl fuming.

A few meters away from the spot where he was, Seunghyun sees Tiffany walking out of the station. A small loving smile forms on his lips as he admire the woman walking to him. A simple red and white stripe long sleeves dress hugs her body, black bag hangs on her shoulder and white dolls shoes are on her feet. She shyly waves her hand as she walks closer to him.

Tiffany felt someone punch her in the gut and pulling the air out of her lungs. The man in front of her looks dashingly handsome. He's been surrounded with guys that she thought are already hot; JiYong, Daesung, Seungri, Taecyeon, Jay, Nichkhun and many more, but this man is the finest that she ever met. She looks at him from to top to bottom and feels her blood rushing up to her head. Her face feels warm in an instant and her mind stops gearing up.

"I guess our team for today is red and stripes.", his deep masculine voice with a hint of tease snaps her out. She looks at him in the eye and sees amusement in him. "I guess you're stalking me.", he winks at her making Tiffany's face blush darker.

"I'm not.. It must have been you who's stalking me.", she held the strap of her bag tighter and avoid looking at his eye.

'This will be the death of me.'

"Maybe.", he winks at her for the second time before reaching for her hand. A shiver runs to Tiffany's spine as he intertwine their fingers closely to one another.

'Compose yourself Tiffany.'

 

 

 

Yuri can't comprehend anything in her mind right now. The sound of the outside world becomes mute, bright lights clouded her eyes, her 5 senses aren't functioning all too well. A snap in front of her wakes her up from the daze. First time in the history of Yuri's life that her tongue got tied up.

She did her best to avoid him. She cancelled her membership at the gym and transferred to a more faraway gym. She changed her long time number just to avoid answering accidentally his calls. But she guess that it all went to vain if he's here standing in front of her. Right in front of her apartment.

"I'm sorry. I know that it's kind of creeping you out.", Youngbae rubs a hand on his nape. He wasn't the type of man who stalk a girl, heck he didn't stalk her. He got her address from a reliable source, Hyoyeon, who gives out her address after some begging. "I got your address from Hyoyeon. I just want to talk to you and clarify why you're avoiding me?", he straightforwardly says.

Yuri opens and close it, open and close, she did it for a quite few times looking like a fish that's gaping for water. She doesn't know what to say. Her mind is not functioning well and the air in her lungs are gone.

'Calm down Yuri. Breath in, breath out.'

She close her eyes to calm herself. A few seconds has passed and she opens her eyes once again. A smile crept on her face as she invites Youngbae inside. She opens the door wide and let the handsome guest walks in. Yuri ushers him to the couch while she prepares some tea for her visitor.

After placing the teacups and a small basket of biscuits and pastries on the center table, Yuri takes a seat across him. She fiddles her finger out of nervousness and takes her gaze away from the young man. Silence crept in between them and she can feel his gaze penetrating to her soul.

"I just want some clarification. Why did you change gym? And even your number? I've been trying to contact you for a month but I can't reach you.", Youngbae looks at her with sadness evident in his eyes. She's a one great friend for him. They may have known each other for only a few months but his heart and mind are at ease whenever she's with him. 'Just friends my .' "Is there any chance that I offended you?"

Yuri snaps out of her reverie once the question pop out from his mouth. A confuse look is on her eyes, but what pained her is to see the man in front of her looking lost and pain, flood of guilt wash over her body. She unknowingly stands up from her seat and waves her hand. "No, no, no! You didn't do anything wrong.", she simultaneously shakes her head while defensively answers him.

A soft chuckle escape from the man's lips making Yuri flustered. 'Damn that's embarrassing.' She immediately plop her body back to the seat and hides her face from him. Her face must have been red in color. 'ing tomato.'

"I'm sorry for laughing. I didn't mean it.", Youngbae compose himself. He went to her place to clarify things and apologize if he did something wrong. But with her sudden outburst earlier he can't help but to chuckle at her cute expression. Thump. He shakes his head at the thought that flashes through his mind and clench his chest that holds his heart.

"No it's alright. I overreacted.", he heard her mumbles through her hands. One glance and he sees her peeking through the slits of her fingers. He stifles himself from laughing once again by drinking the warm tea. 'Chamomile tea?' That's kind of unexpected from her.

"I'm sorry that's the only tea that I have in my house.", she must have read the confusion and amusement from his face after taking a sip at his tea. He carefully place the teacup back to the saucer and smiles. "No it's alright chamomile tea is good."

Thump. She can feel her heart beating faster, pounding like it wants to go out of her rib cage. How can one smile make her giddy like this? This isn't the usual Yuri. He was just a friend. Scratch that, is still a friend. "To answer your questions earlier. I found a new gym and I just want to try it out. They have good facilities over there. You should try it. Second... Someone's been bothering me. I don't know the number so I change it. Sorry for not informing you.", everything is a lie and she hopes that he won't noticed it.

"Oh I see.", Youngbae scratch his head like a cute kid. 'Cute? Oh my gosh!'. She wants to slam her head at the center table and pull her hair out of her scalp the moment the thought comes to her head. She's still on her own dreamland when she heard a snippet of what he's saying.

"..ends again?"

Yuri snap from her own mind war and stares at the man with confusion. She must have look stupid in front of him. "What did you say again?"

"Can we be friends again?", he reappeared his question. He doesn't mind that the girl in front of him is not listening to him. It doesn't matter since she looks adorable making faces. Shock, embarrass, confuse, and then happiness, four expression in less than half of the minute.

Yuri looks taken back by his question. Should she? But he's friends with the Choi's? Will it be a betrayal to her best friend? But he's innocent. "Of course.", the answer slip from even before her mind can process the right answer. She looks back at the man and sees him grinning widely at her.

'I can handle Tiffany. Knowing her she'll understand me... Right?'

 

 

 

Loud cheers and hoots can be heard at the school grounds. Female birds who keeps on chirping at the hot guys running back and forth makes the most of the audience. Male weasels are busy on their betting pool. Money are on the boxes waiting to be claimed by the winners. Everyone are having their time of the day except for one person.

Fighting!

Yah s I bet on you!

Better win the *ng game!

I love you!

Seungri My love!

Seohyun snap her head to the source of the voice and unconsciously throws a death glare at the woman. A small gasp escape from her after reflecting at what she did. Why did she glare at the damn woman? She doesn't care about him right? That goddamn ert-playboy-panda is someone she hated.

Hated.. Right in past tense.. Not hates.. Not still hates.. Hated.. Seohyun slaps her own cheeks making her friends look at her with amusement. She's becoming an idiot like that panda, it's his fault, the guy is always sticking to her since the day that they were formally introduced to each other. He must have rubbed off his idiocy to her.

'I should have follow my gut feeling and didn't come to this place.'

The sound of the finale whistle resounds on the court. Congratulatory hoots and cheers were shouted at the winners. Boys from the teams starts shaking hands before running to the bench. Seohyun's friends stands up from their seats and starts tending to their boyfriends. She just rolled her eyes at the cringeworthy actions of them and turns her gaze to the other side.

"Hey did you see it? I did a half court shoot!", a rambunctious voice earns her attention. There standing right in front of her is a sweaty panda that's smiling from ear to ear. He's still huffing erratically as he place the palm of his hand above his chest.

"Whatever."

Seohyun coolly wash the grin on his face. Deep inside she can feel her heart beating faster and faster. It feel like she run for a miles with an iron band attach on her ankles and wrist.

"Oh well!"

He extends his arms and reaches for the towel and tumbler that is on Seohyun's back. His sweaty but axe overpowering smell tickles her nose. She unwittingly leans her head forward wanting to smell more of him. A blush crept on her cheeks upon realizing her action. She pushes him away from her making him stumble on his own two feet.

"Hey what are you doing?", Seungri must have been shock at being push back. His eyes narrowing at her form making her blush darker.

"You're disgusting sweaty body is touching me!", she hides her embarrassment through shouting at him. Her arms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter