REVELATION

Dr. Sungyeol meets Mr. Shark

Shin paused for a second to observe Sungyeol’s expression but he didn’t find any change in him so, he continued. “You may think that I am a jerk for not loving my fiancé but that was an agreement I made with my mom. I have always grown up in wealth so, I led a very luxurious life, I never was serious about my life.”

 

Flashback:

“Shin, tonight too you are going for clubbing? How many times do I have to tell you to leave this haphazard life and learn about business? After us, you are the one who have to handle this entire organization.” Shin’s mother yelled at her son.

Shin felt irritated to hear the lecture while he was about to head out.

“Mom, please don’t start again. Let me live my life to the fullest first. You have so many employees to assist you. I will take over the business when you retire, okay.”

“Shin’s appa, tell him something.” Shin’s mom was frustrated.

“I have had enough with this stupid. He is not a person who understands our language. We need to take a serious action to let him know the truth of the real world. He thinks that we earned all these things leisurely, when he has to earn a single penny on his own, his conscience will be back. Let him enjoy his last party, from tomorrow each of his accounts is seized.” With this said, Shin’s father headed to the bedroom.

Shin left the house taking his father’s words as just another threat. He had already been used to such warnings.

Next day when he went for a drink with his friends, his jaw dropped when he knew that is card had been blocked. His father was serious this time. His friends paid for him that day for the first time and he felt so ashamed to face them. Returning home, he came to know that his parents has left for New York for a business trip and will be back after a month!

He was going nuts during this period. For few days, his so-called-friends paid for him but after they knew that he was broke, they started to avoid him. No invitation from his friends in any occasion, no work to do at all, no place to go, he was totally devastated within a month. He came to know the cruelty of the world, he knew that people only come around the burning fire. If you are weak, there is no one to stay by your side. He hated everyone.

After a month, when Shin’s parents came back home, they saw that their son was totally wasted.

 

 

“Mom, dad! How could you do this to your own son.” Was the first sentence Shin told to his parents when he saw them. Anger was emitting from his eyes.

“You are our son so, we care about you, that’s why we did this so that you can come to track timely!” Shin’s dad said straightforward. “Now that you saw how difficult it is to earn and know people, you are coming to office from tomorrow.”

“WHAT! NOT EVEN IN MY DREAM!” Shin objected. “Dad, I am still in my early 20s. This is the time to have fun~ I have never said, I won’t take over the company. I’ll do that when you guys retire. Now you are leading the business well, let me live my life as I wish, okay!”

“Okay, let’s say, you join the organization the next day we retire. Then what? It will take you at least a year to know the people and the system in which organization runs. You will have to maintain the business relationships with the bigger parties on your own. You will have to win the trust of the employees that you are going to lead the business to success. And do you think when you do all these leisurely, they will fold their hands and let you grasp the things little by little. NO! They are going to take over the company the next day we retire. Do you think our employees are that generous who will be willing to help you when you need them? Do you think they will handle an infant’s entry with patience until you grow up? NO! They are waiting for the day, I’ll come down from the chair and they can take over our business. Why are you so stupid Shin!” Shin’s dad was exhausted from explaining things to his dumb son.

“Haven’t we given you all the things you asked for from your childhood till date? Don’t you want to give the same comfort to your child? It’s time to be serious about life Shin ah.” Shin’s mom tried to insert some intellect in their son’s brain.

But Shin was never used to this kind of conversation, neither he liked thinking about his life going to office, attending meetings.

He stood up abruptly. “Cut the crap. Are you going to release my cards or not?”

“NO! Not until you promise to accompany me to office.”

 

 

 

Shin was furious at his parents. He sold away his possessions to survive for another month but he knew that this was not going to work for long.

Shin’s mom thought ways to make Shin understand life but nothing was coming onto her mind. While she was dwelling on her thoughts, she remembered the conversation once she had with one of her friend.

“If you want to bring a person in track, get him married. When he have a spouse to look after, when he has responsibilities to fulfill, he will know what life means. When he sees his partner in deficiency, he will try his best to make all things available for the other. Same happened to my son, he changed so much after the marriage!” 

So, Shin’s mom went to her son to make him an offer, “Shin ah, I know that you are running out of things to sell. I have a good offer for you. If you agree to marry the person of our choice, we will release all your cards.”

“Marry! Me! Have you gone crazy, mom?!” Shin was taken aback by the sudden proposal.

Shin’s mother was calm. “Think about the offer coolly, son. There is nothing to lose. You get a partner, you get all your facilities! I’ll wait for your answer till tomorrow.”

 

 

Shin was really going nuts due to lack of money. He was not being able to think of anything. So, next day, he went to his mom and agreed on the deal. He had no better option.

“Good! I assure you baby, you are not going to regret your decision. Your cards will be released on the day of your engagement.”

 

-End of flashback-

 

 

“This way I met Myungsoo. Since I had to get engaged with him anyhow, I showed him my best. The day of our engagement was the day I got back all my belongings. I felt so free but at the same time I felt bad for using Myungsoo. I never loved him in that way. So, as soon as I got my cards, I took out all the money from my accounts and decided to escape to Italy. But before going I wanted Myungsoo to forget about me completely and start a new beginning so, I told him the entire bad thing while leaving which I didn’t mean. He is a good person and I like him as a friend, nothing more.” 

Shin took a long sigh before continuing, “The money which I had, barely maintained me for a year then, I started to do the small works there and was able to earn my living. But later, I compared my life in Seoul and in Rome. I regretted fleeing away. So, I returned back to Korea to beg forgiveness from my parents but they were so rude to me. And I don’t blame them. I deserve that treatment. On my continuous persistence, they agreed to take me back once I make up the mistake I did before. The first thing they asked me to do was reconcile with Myungsoo and this time get married. So I was anxious to build up relation with him.”

“So why did you give up on him? Why did you break the relation when it meant that much to you?” Sungyeol interrupted for the first time.

Shin was hesitant for a bit but continued, “As I said before, I fell in love with you. You may think me horrible but you changed me from within, Sungyeol. After I came to know you, I knew what love means. I became familiar with the meaning of living for other’s happiness. From before only, I felt guilty for using Myungsoo and I felt worst after seeing two of you in so much love.”

Sungyeol was an understanding person. “I don’t find you horrible, Shin. One does not have control upon their heart. Thank you for letting Myungsoo go. He was being too much sensitive regarding this matter. And sorry that I cannot accept your feelings.”

Shin was amazed by the response Sungyeol made. How could he take things in such positive way.

“Don’t say sorry. It’s more than enough that you have not hit me after revealing my feeling. Believe me you are the best thing that ever happened in my life. Though you can’t be mine, I never regret knowing such an incredible person like you.”

“Don’t try to flatter me, Shin!” Sungyeol was showing that beautiful smile which Shin found very hypnotic. “By the way what was the response of your parents after you broke up?”

“They were mad, obviously.”

“Then? How come you are still alive?”

Shin chuckled. “I promised them to join Appa’s business. I have already applied for a college in New Zealand. I’ll study business management there for 2 years and come back to Korea to handle the business here.”

“Are you sure? I mean you are not going to run away again, are you?” Sungyeol had a doubt.

“This time I mean it. I am going to make my parents proud. I have learned about finding happiness in the contentment of the one you love. I have learnt that life is a beautiful gift if only you know how to play your role. Thank you Sungyeol for changing me in a positive way. After few years, you will see me as a different person.” Shin confessed.

“The pleasure is all mine. So, after few years, I’ll have to get an appointment to meet President Shin!”

“That’s for others. For you I’m always free.” Shin winked.

Shin felt like a heavy stone has been lifted from his chest after the talk with Sungyeol. He was glad that Sungyeol is his first love. Though it’s one sided, being able to come this close to this wonderful human is a blessing in itself.

 

 


 

 

A/N : Hello everyone! How have you been?? I wish everyone a great success in whatever you guys are involved in, may it be your studies, job, relationship, friendship, finance or any other issues that you are hooked in, wish you All The Very Best :)) With INFINITE’s season greetings, I can feel the new year approaching! So, wish everyone a Grand and Successful 2017! I know it’s still more than a month left for New Year but to wish Good Luck, we need not wait for any specific reason right^^

 

Btw, Dino is so sweet to celebrate his B'day at his own restaurant with his family and dear ones :))
And he even did a V-live to celebrate it with the fans^^
HAPPY B’DAY TO OUR FOREVER ANGEL JANG DONGWOO!!!