Chapter 12

Our Gang Luv Affair

DOUBLE UPDATE CUTIES! Yeah this was going to be a super long chapter, but I cut it in half and updated it on the same day. So, it’s a double update for you. Also, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Okay here you go. 

!EXCUSE ERRORS NOT PROOFREAD!

P.S. I'M SUPER TIRED FROM TYPING THIS 10 PAGE LONG CHAPTER!


Ari’s POV

By the time I was really comfortable and in the middle of a really good dream, I felt someone shaking me roughly. I opened my eyes and glared harshly at Hoseok.

“What?” I growled out. He rolled his eyes at me.

“Sorry to disturb your sleep, gorgeous” he said sarcastically not caring about my tone at all. I narrowed my eyes at him and was about to lie back down, but he pulled me back upwards.

“We gotta drop you off at your house to get ready. Put your shoes on. Leave that down I’ll put it back up later.” He said to me. I nodded my head and looked around for a second just sitting there curled up in the covers not wanting to move, because I was warm and comfortable. I sighed knowing I had to get up anyways. I kept the covers around my body as I shuffled to the door to slide my shoes on. Afterwards, I lied back down on the couch to try to get more sleep.

“Ari, get up. Let’s go!” Namjoon said loudly for no reason. I opened my eyes one at a time and looked at him. I left the warmth of the blankets to go get the bag with all my stuff inside. I walked past them grabbed it and walked in front of them. I trailed next to Yoongi who looked just as irritated as I did about being up this early. I sat in the back in the middle and tried to fall back asleep, but it wasn’t possible at all. So I settled for just giving Seokjin the directions to my apartments. When we got there they had got out and went with me just in case. I unlocked my door, and took my shoes off. I walked a little quicker to get ready so we wouldn’t be late. I took my shower in my room, and washed my hair. I only combed my hair out and put it in a tight but to let it dry. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I went to put my uniform on and slid the socks on. My shoes were in the living room so I just had to make sure I had everything. I walked out of my room, and slid my shoes on.

“Alright let’s go.” I said to them still not wanting to go to school. I made sure to lock my door and followed behind them to Seokjin’s truck. The ride to school was uneventful. They weren’t really talking, but the silence was nice. It’s better than trying to hold a conversation about nothing when you don’t feel like talking at all and then people think you’re rude for no reason. We pulled up to the school, and I eased out of the back of the truck since my legs are still sore from all of that running from yesterday. I saw Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin walking towards us. A confused glance appeared on Taehyung’s face when he saw me.

“I thought you were still in the hospital.” He stated looking at me.

“I was discharged.” I answered simply, shrugging afterward.

“Then, why’re you with them so early?” Jungkook asked me instead.

“Because last night when I got dropped off at this new apartment I own, I had to go get me something to eat. On the way back home this guy tried to me and I kept running until I remembered that Seokjin stayed close to wherever I was running to.” I said to him with a black face.

“And Hoseok proceeded to nearly kill the guy for asking if we wanted to join him.” Yoongi finished for me. Jimin didn’t say anything, but he nodded his head.

“At least you’re okay.” He said simply.

“I have to go take care of something so I’ll see you guys later.” I said to them walking away from them to go find Bora and Areum.

Jimin’s POV

“Ari was almost last night.” I repeated after Ari left.

“Yeah, it was scary to see her like that.” Seokjin commented.

“Like what?” Taehyung asked him.

“Like she was afraid for her life. She was banging on the door hard, yelling for anyone really. Yoongi almost shot her cause we didn’t even know who it was at first. That guy almost snatched her back out of my apartment.” Seokjin told us. I looked back to where Ari was walking inside the building. I shrugged my shoulders a little which caught some attention.

“She’s okay. That’s the good thing at least. That guy though, Hoseok you should’ve just killed him.” I told him. Hoseok shook his head.

“It was out in the open so anyone could’ve seen if I did kill him.” He explained to me. I nodded my head at least he was sensible about what he did. We turned around and walked inside the school. We saw Bora, Areum, and Miu pull up to the school. Miu had waved at us, we waved back while Areum and Bora didn’t acknowledge us so much. Until Bora stopped Areum and said something to her. Bora had said something to them then they walked inside the school together. Bora her heel and walked towards us. When she got near us, she sighed a little.

“What?” Taehyung blurted out tired of her just standing there. She glared at him, but looked at Namjoon anyways.

“During lunch can we all meet in the back gym? Please?” she said looking at him. He gave her a confused look.

“Listen, I’ll explain everything later. It’s not about a drug deal or money it’s something else. I’ll tell you later.” She said then turned around and walked away.

“I wonder what that’s about.” Jungkook said softly.

“Must be something serious if she ignored Taehyung being rude to her.” Yoongi said walking ahead of us.

“Looks like we’ll find out later.” I said more so to myself than them.

TIME SKIP

It was time for lunch now so I made my way to the back gym that only we used. I saw Ari standing at her locker to some other girl with blonde hair. I had approached Ari, and tapped her shoulder lightly. She turned around and smiled at me.

“Hey Jimin, what’s up?” she said still putting stuff in her locker.

“Nothing just waiting on you. Who’s this?” I asked gesturing to the blonde girl looking between us.

“Oh this is Hirai Momo. I just met her today she’s from Japan.” She said introducing me to the girl who had waved and bowed to me.

“Momo this is Park Jimin.” I smiled politely at her, and continued to wait on Ari at her locker.

“Oh yeah, what’re you waiting on me for?” Ari asked looking at me. I gave her a look and she automatically knew.

“Oh, right that. Momo what’s your next class?” Ari asked her.

“It’s math after lunch then history.” She answered.

“We don’t take the same class after lunch, but we have the same last period.” Ari told her, and Momo only nodded her head and said bye then walked away from us. Ari closed her locker and stared at me.

“What’s going on now?” she asked as she started to walk.

“I don’t know Bora just said she wanted to me up with everyone.” I told her following behind her.

“That’s weird. Bora never brings problems to people. Well, except for Areum.” Ari told me. I rose an eyebrow.

“Really? It seemed like something serious by the way she told us this morning.” I said to her. She made a noise as if she was thinking of something.

“What could be so serious that she had to tell all of us? Save for me, who she probably doesn’t even know is back and out of the gang.” Ari said in a condescending voice. I chuckled at her and shook my head as we walked into the gym. When Miu seen Ari she squealed happily and ran to her jumping on her. I side stepped and let them fall to the floor. Ari groaned in pain, while Miu was perfectly fine.

“Miu, as happy as I am to see you, please release me.” Ari said calmly. Miu got up and smiled at Ari.

“You’re back?” Bora’s voice cut in. Ari turned around slightly to look at her.

“Yeah I’m back. Speaking of which, I’ll be at your house later to receive my things that I left.” Ari told Bora.

“What you found somewhere else to go?” Areum asked her.

“That’s none of your concern.” Ari said in a fake sweet voice, smiling innocently. Areum glared at her and went to hit her.

“Hit me if you want, I can press charges.” Ari said simply. Areum stopped and gave her a confused look, then realization crossed her features.

“She’s not a part of Riot Gang anymore. Those days she was gone she went to them to get out.” Areum said backing away not trying to hit her.

“If you hit her she can press charges and get you arrested.” Hoseok said to Areum.

“Jail time !” Ari yelled out laughing at the situation. I elbowed her in her side when she walked past me to sit down in an empty chair.

“Anyways, what was this “meeting” about?” Yoongi asked putting air quotes around the word meeting.

“I’ll tell you, but Ari can’t be in here if she’s not in the gang anymore.” Bora answered him. I rolled my eyes at her behavior. Now this is getting childish.

“She’s gonna find out anyways! If it’s not from you, it’s gonna be from Miu. If Miu doesn’t tell her then we will!” I exclaimed tired of the childishness. I shook my head at them and waited.

“Fine. It’s about Miu’s parents.” Bora said. Miu looked up at her and just stared.

“My parents?” Miu asked her giving her a confused look.

“Yeah like how we found you and leading up to now.” Areum said to her. Miu looked at Ari for a second then at us. She sighed and nodded her head to tell them to go on.

“Well you see it started about when Areum and I were about 6.” Bora began.

Flashback

A 6 year old Bora and Areum were sitting next to each other playing with the toys that were brought out by the staff at the daycare center. The bell on the door had made a jingling sound which caught Bora’s attention while Areum kept playing with the toys. In walked a little 3 year old girl holding a doll in her hand, looking around the room nervously. Her mom let the little girl’s hand go, and the girl hurriedly grabbed back on shaking her head not at her mom. Bora walked towards the little girl and tapped her on the shoulder. The little girl turned around and looked at her scared.

“Hi, my name’s Bora do you wanna play with me?” Bora asked the girl. The little girl looked at her mom and her mom nodded at her. She let go of her mom’s hand and took the girl’s, now known as Bora, hand instead.

“What’s your name?” Bora asked the girl.

“Miu. My name’s Miu.” Miu said softly looking at the girl. Bora smiled at her and ruffled her hair.

“You don’t have to be scared now. Whoever bothers you at any time you come to get me and your other new friend Areum. Areum! Come introduce yourself to our new friend.” Bora said loudly.

The girl with light brown hair turned to look at the little girl beside her friend Bora and stared at her. Areum smiled at the girl and kneeled down in front of her.

“Be lucky you’re cute kid. You can hang around us, we’ll protect you.” Areum told Miu. Miu’s eyes lit up as she leapt onto Areum hugging her. Bora laughed and pulled Miu off of Areum who was still lying back on the mat. That’s how those three became really close friends.

Flashback Paused

“You see we met you because you were scared to leave your mom. You had just moved from Jeju. Your mom and dad had got moved to a different work area which caused you to move away from your original friends.” Bora told her taking a breath. We were listening to this because we all honestly wanted to know where it went bad.

“Okay skip the sugar coated get to the part where everything went down to hell and flames.” Hoseok said leaning against the wall. Bora sighed and nodded her head.

“It started to change around when Areum and I got in 3rd grade. Miu would come to school with dark circles around her eyes. She would get nervous whenever she was scolded by teachers or anyone. She started to shut herself off from us. We couldn’t really talk to her since she was in Kindergarten. She didn’t tell us anything she just said that everything is fine don’t worry about it.” Bora started again.

Flashback Resumed

“Bora why are we doing this?” An annoyed Areum asked Bora who was hiding behind a bush to peek at the silent house.

“We’re doing this, because I’m worried about Miu. She’s shutting us out and I refused to let her do that to us.” Bora said glancing at Areum over her shoulder.

“If it’s not our business, we shouldn’t meddle into it. We should just go home and ignore this.” Areum said tapping Bora harshly.

“Areum! We are not leaving her! We promised we’d protect her and god damn I’m keeping my promise.” Bora yelled at Areum. Areum was silent for a while then she sighed.

“Fine, we get her out of here as soon as we hear something strange.” Areum responded. There was a car that parked into the driveway, and it was crooked. The car door slammed and Bora and Areum saw Miu’s dad get out of the car. He was staggering up to the door, when he walked inside he slammed the door behind him.

“Maybe it was just a tough day at work?” Areum asked Bora.

“Hopefully.” Bora responded. The house was silent for a while and then there was yelling.

“No wonder she’s been restless her parents are arguing a lot. At least it’s not nothing serious like abuse or anything.” Bora said in relief, while she stood up and started to walk away from Miu’s home.

“Yeah, those panic attacks during class could probably come from hearing them argue and it makes her scared of what’ll happen.” Areum said back to Bora following her on the familiar path to their street.

”It’ll be over soon. Her mom might get tired of her dad constantly coming home drunk and just leave him.” Bora responded. If only they knew, how much worse it would get.

Flashback Pause again

“So my dad had a drinking problem.” Miu asked while listening to every word of the story. Bora nodded her head sadly.

“Yeah, but at first it wasn’t all that bad it started when you were in middle school. That’s when everything literally fell apart.” Areum said to Miu.

“You know how in middle school, that’s like when most girls go through the changes of their body? That’s when it got bad for you.” Areum continued the story.

Flashback resumed

Miu stood at her locker putting her books away so she can go home for the day when she felt a tap on her back. When she seen who it was, she smiled instantly.

“Hey Areum and Bora. What’s up?” Miu said smiling at them.

“Nothing we just wanted to know if you wanting to hang out with us at Bora’s house.” Areum stated leaning against the lockers. Miu nodded her head.

“Yeah, I can go home later. I don’t have any homework anyways. And my mom and dad won’t mind since I’m with you 2.” She said closing her locker.

“Alright let’s go.” Bora said pulling them out of the school. They had fun talking about the latest gossip around the school, the guys there, and some of the fights that happened at their school too. It was fun until Miu realized she had to go home.

“Aww, it was fun being with you Miu. We should walk you home to spend more time together.” Areum offered. So, the three girls set foot out of the house and walked Miu home. When they got in front of Miu’s house, they said bye to each other, but Areum needed to use the bathroom, so they went into the house with Miu. Areum ran right past them to the bathroom, ignoring how unusually dark it was in the house. Bora turned the light on and screamed at Miu’s parents sitting in the dark glaring at them. Bora was creeped out by the way they were getting stared at, Miu’s parents looked like they were out of it. That’s when Bora saw the white powder cut into perfect lines on the table along with some pills, and a needle. Bora instantly knew what it was, but Miu seemed to be completely oblivious to the drugs on the table.

“Hi Mr. and Mrs. Ko. How have you been?” Bora said nervously not knowing what they could do at any moment. Mr. Ko had stood up and just stared at Miu then he glanced at Bora. Suddenly, he lunged at Miu, but Bora pushed her out of the way. Miu’s head hit the stair and she was out cold. While Bora had punched Miu’s dad in the face to get him away from her. The sound of a glass breaking cause Bora to be knocked out, however. She woke back up to Miu and her parents gone, and Areum sitting next to her worriedly. Areum gave her a confused glance and then shook her head.

“Bora what happened?” Areum asked Bora.

“Miu’s mom and dad are on drugs. I don’t know what he was about to do to her, but I know I pushed her out of the way and she was unconscious. Then, her mom hit me over the head with some glass I think.” Bora explained to Areum.

“Well, we have to go tell the cops come on!” Areum said helping me up. We took our time trying to get to the nearest police station. When we walked inside we got some weird glances from some of the cops there, but others had simply ignored us. We walked up to the front counter and a nice looking woman had tilted her head confused seeing two girls standing in front of her and one mildly bleeding.

“Can I help you?” she asked politely.

“Yes, when we were at school yesterday we took our friend Miu with us. But around 7 we walked her home so she could be safe. Since I had to use the bathroom, we decided to go inside with her. My friend Bora said that there were drugs on the table like pills, a needle, and some . She said Miu’s dad had tried to attack Miu, but Bora pushed her out of the way and she got knocked out by hitting her head on the stairs. Bora tried to hold them off for as long as she could, but Miu’s mom hit her with a glass vase and when I came out of the bathroom Miu and her parents were gone.” Areum explained to the lady her eyes watering up.

“Alright we’ll help you we just need to get your friend to a hospital. So, she won’t die from blood loss.” The lady explained as she called another number then hung up. She told us to go sit in one of the chairs against the wall. After the lady had got through with the phone call she had left to go talk to some other officers.

“Will they find Miu?” Bora asked Areum.

“I hope they do.” Areum responded back to her softly.

Flashback Over

“They found you some months later, down on the bad side of Seoul with all of the drug dealers and es.” Areum finished up the story. Miu had tears streaming down her face, while Ari tried to comfort her.

“Did they end up finding them both?” Miu asked through her sobbing.

“Your mom might still be in jail, while your dad is probably six feet under cause he was too addicted to the feeling to stop.” Bora told Miu. Miu had nodded her head.

“Wouldn’t they have to stop at some point though? Didn’t they ever run out of money?” Miu asked them. Bora opened to answer, but she closed it right after trying to figure out how to answer it. I watched her eyes go from sad to even more sorrow.

‘Unless… oh god please don’t tell me.’ I thought to myself hoping that her dad didn’t do that to her.

“I mean it’s not like you’re a .” Areum said like it was nothing. There were even louder sobs now. I closed my eyes wishing that this story would end.

“This is why I didn’t want to tell you Miu. Because it was better when you didn’t know anything that happened to them or with them. I wanted to wait until I knew you were completely ready to know, but the guilt was too much so I decided to do it now.” Bora said not looking at Miu at all. Miu was still sobbing really hard, she had a tough life. Then, she didn’t remember anything about it anyways that just made it worse. Miu’s sobs got softer and softer until they slowly just stopped all together.

“Miu, I’ll do this for you since you probably don’t want anything to do with us at all.” Areum started moving so she can stand next to Bora. She wrapped an arm around Bora’s shoulder.

“You’re out.” Bora said to her. Miu looked confused for a second then she looked at them.

“I don’t have anywhere to go, and you’re kicking me out?! You sick s!” Miu yelled highly upset at what Bora had just told her.

“You’re going to stay with Ari from now on. You know she doesn’t have a problem with it at all.” Areum explained to her. Miu looked at Ari and she simply nodded her head to confirm.

“Just come get your stuff when she does after school today.” Bora said picking the bag that she sat down on the floor at one point wiping her eyes as she walked out of the gym. Areum had looked at Miu and Ari one last time, before leaving out also. There was a tense silence that filled the room. I looked at Ari who was comforting Miu on the floor.

“Seokjin-oppa? Can you take her to your house and watch her and just make sure she’s okay? Please?” Ari asked Seokjin and he nodded getting Miu’s things and then leading her out of the door. He had Jungkook go with him for some reason.

“Namjoon-oppa, can I go to your safe house? I need to blow off some steam from all of this.” Ari asked him.

He nodded his head just as silent as the rest of the guys. Ari glanced at me and nodded her head at the door. I turned around and walked to the door hearing her footsteps behind mine. We went out the back way of the school to get to my car. I unlocked the doors, and she had went ahead and got inside while I was just taking my time trying to wrap my head around what just happened. We drove to the safe house in complete silence. No words needed to be spoken about what we just heard. Or how they just let Miu go willingly and not Ari for some reason. We pulled up to the safe house and walked up to the door. I unlocked it, and let Ari go inside first I made sure no one was around before closing and locking the door. She was already heading towards our lower level with all of the guns. I simply followed her and let her be for a while.

“Soundproof?” she asked without even looking at me.

 “Yeah.” I answered back to her. She had started shooting not caring where the bullet landed on the dummy’s body she just kept shooting. After she ran out of bullets, she reloaded and started again.

“Ari, stop.” I called out to her when she stopped shooting for the nth time. She ignored me and kept shooting the gun. I approached her slowly and when she ran out of bullets I snatched the gun from her and sat it down. She has glared at me and tried to swing at me as a reflex. I grabbed her wrist and slammed her into the nearest wall.

“Ari, stop!” I yelled at her. She had glared at me for a long time, but didn’t say anything.

“Why should I? They ed her and my life up! Then, they think that putting her out of the gang will help that’s stupid as hell!” Ari yelled in my face.

“I understand that you and her are hurt. You’ll heal overtime. Just calm down okay.” I said trying to soothe her somehow.

“It’s just messed up Jimin.” Ari said softly after I let go of her wrist. I had sat on the floor and she had sat down next to me.

“This is so messed up. I thought that after I left it would be remotely normal at least a little. Not that everything would go even more down to hell.” Ari said to me. I looked at her and raised my arm up letting her slide over tucked under me.

“You two are going to be fine. Everything will work out.” I said softly, I felt her shift.

“How can you say that everything will be fine when something bad has happened repeatedly nothing good has been happening since we showed up here Jimin?” Ari asked me turning her body more.

“I just have a little faith that it’ll get better at some point.” I said patting her back lightly.

“I wish I could think like that.” She said back. I didn’t respond, because everything was getting a little too bad right now everything has been going wrong lately.

“It’ll get better.” I muttered one more time to reassure myself.

I just wish that will be true, cause at the moment we need some good news.


Alright I’m done with this chapter. I wanted to put some kind of interaction with Jimin and Ari. Next chapter will have a Jungkook and Miu moment maybe. And that’s for the commenter named: KM_fx_gg who wanted the chapter with Miu’s backstory. This is for you. Also, if you don’t know from this chapter my bias in Twice is Momo she’s so cute and she dances amazingly. I might put her and Hobi together just for the hell of it. Another bias I have in Twice is Jeongyeon. I love her short hair, it looks good on her and I like how silly she acts. Anyways, I’ll try to update tomorrow. Or Tuesday after school, until then goodbye cuties