009

Eyes On You

 

 

Ahyoung stepped down from her car.

“Good to see you, noonim!”

She smiled at Myungsoo’s men.

“Nice to see you, hyungnim.” She mused before handing him three boxes of pizza.

“One box for you guys.” She patted his shoulder before padding towards the garden.

“Ahyoung.” Myungsoo said as she neared him, he was alone while sitting on one of the outdoor couches.

“Sungjae?”

“I don’t know.” He shrugged, Ahyoung nodded and sat down across him.

“What is it?” Myungsoo asked.

“Myungsoo, nothing is bothering me.” She said.

“You should know by now that, I really can see through you.” He said as he leaned back against his seat. Ahyoung shook off her heels and curled her legs underneath her.

“It’s just work, no worries.” She shrugged at him, Myungsoo’s eyes narrowed at her, but he looked up as he heard Mihee step out from the house.

Ahyoung followed his gaze, Mihee was dressed in a pair of shorts and a cashmere sweater.

“I heard Sungjae just arrived.” Mihee announced as she joined the two.

“It’s just like him to be late.” Ahyoung nodded, Mihee sat beside Myungsoo.

“Hi, muffin!” Sungjae waved at her as he reached them, he had a huge paper bag with him.

Ahyoung rose up with a big smile.

“…What’s that?” Myungsoo asked.

Mihee looked up.

“Well, Ahyoung was itching to get this…purse, and she couldn’t find it anywhere. And she said she would kill me if I don’t “pull some strings”,” He made air quotations with his hands.

“So, I asked somebody to fly to Milan to get that thing for her.” Sungjae shrugged, Ahyoung smiled cheekily before opening the box.

“Ah, the new limited edition Birkin?” Mihee asked.

Ahyoung just nodded as she removed the tissue wrappings, Mihee felt Myungsoo chuckle quietly beside her.

She looked at the two men with her, Sungjae was smiling as he watched Ahyoung open the box, while Myungsoo just nodded along as Ahyoung started to ramble about the bag, her brows furrowed and could not help but feel envious of their friendship.

 

 

Sungjae chewed on his slice as Ahyoung and Mihee chatted, they were having dinner in front of Myungsoo’s large flat screen TV in the living room.

“To be honest, I’m surprised. I thought you would be like Myungsoo, all guarded and…” Ahyoung trailed off, Mihee shook her head.

“I have guards with me, it was my father’s orders, but I don’t feel comfortable with it.” She nodded, Ahyoung nodded, then they looked up.

Myungsoo was making his way down the stairs.

“What is it?” Ahyoung asked, Mihee’s brows rose.

Was something wrong?

“I can’t find my checkbook and the key to Porsche.” He replied as he walked to them, he tossed something towards Ahyoung.

“So, this was here.” She murmured as she put on the black sweater.

“It’s in your closet, Myungsoo. The top left corner, your checkbook. The keys are inside your study, probably beside your pen holder.” Ahyoung pointed out as she took another slice of pizza.

“Not there.” Myungsoo replied, Ahyoung grunted and stood up. Mihee watched as the girl went up to Myungsoo’s room.

Minutes later, she came back carrying Myungsoo’s check book and car keys.

Sungjae laughed.

“See?” Ahyoung dropped the checkbook on his lap.

“Key~”

“Vanquish, Cayenne, R8, GTR, Italia. What else?” She said as she dropped the keys one by one on the couch.

Myungsoo made a face at her, she chuckled before going back to her seat, Mihee’s brows just furrowed and she looked away.

 

 

“Can you at least smile?” Ahyoung said through gritted teeth as she smiled at the guests who entered the hall.

“No.” Sehun replied, she sighed.

“I don’t see Vernon, did you invite him?” He asked.

“I did, I didn’t call him, so I don’t know why he’s not here.”

Sehun paused, he glanced at her briefly.

“He’s your boyfriend, Ahyoung.” He said as if to remind her.

“I know that.” She snapped at him. He just chuckled.

“Look, I know that you don’t like him that much, but oppa~”

“It’s not that I don’t like him, Young.” Sehun pointed out.

“I just don’t think he’s right for you.” He finished.

“You said that to my past boyfriends too.” She replied, he just smirked at her.

He looked up and saw Sungjae approaching with Myungsoo and Mihee.

“That’s the fiancée?”

Ahyoung followed his gaze, Sungjae was grinning at her with opened arms.

“Yeah, Mihee.” She nodded before going into Sungjae’s arms.

The male chuckled.

“She looks like a potato.” Sehun stated before turning to the doors, refusing to be introduced.

Ahyoung winced.

“What did he say?” Sungjae asked.

Ahyoung welcomed Mihee with a smile and slapped Myungsoo’s arm.

 

 

“Something about potatoes, he must be hungry. Let’s go inside.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++