020

Eyes On You

“I don’t understand your boss sometimes.” Ahyoung opened up as one of her guards pulled the stool for her, she sat down and grinned at him.

“What do you mean, agasshi?”

“I don’t have lunch with Sungje today, he’s coming over for dinner later.” She pointed out before turning her head to the menu hanging by the counter.

“Get soju for yourselves, or is too early for that? Anyway, I just want pork dumplings and jamppong.”

The males nodded as one of their colleagues approached the ahjumma and ordered for them, they watched as the young lady grabbed a pair of chopsticks and munched on the side dishes, they all smiled. When Myungsoo first assigned them to her, they were all nervous and hesitant. They all thought she was going to be prissy and spoiled, but it turns out Ahyoung agasshi is the total opposite of that.

“I think spicy soup should go with soju, hyung.” She said as she glanced at the menu again, they all chuckled.

 

 

Myungsoo looked up as one of his close friends in the mafia circle approached him.

“It’s been a while.” Sungyeol grinned at him.

“What brings you in Seoul?” Myungsoo shook his hand and gestured for him to take a seat.

“I heard you were getting married, I got the invite.”

Myungsoo paused, his brows furrowed.

“Actually, I called your brother. I wasn’t sure..if it was a hoax or something.” Sungyeol mused.

“A hoax? What are you talking about?” Myungsoo shook his head.

“I always thought you would end up with~”

The doors opened, revealing an angry looking Sungjae.

“Oh, Sungjae~”

“Her car was barbequed!” He glared at Myungsoo.

“I know, I was there.” Myungsoo pinched the bridge of her nose.

“Oh, so you do know, that somebody came to her house, pretended he was the dog walker?”

Myungsoo stood up in confusion.

“What?”

“Ahyoung’s dogs, King and George, they were both found dead. Ahyoung called me, she was frantic and crying.”

 

 

Ahyoung was numb as she watched the people from the animal hospital took her two German Shepherds. When she had arrived home early to prepare dinner for her and Sungjae, she found them by the front door, both were stabbed on the face and chest.

Tear started to fall from her eyes as they were lifted to the waiting van, she slipped down on the marbled floor and bit her lip.

“Agasshi,” She felt someone pulling her up worriedly, she shrugged him off.

“I…didn’t even get to hug them before I left earlier…since they were both sleeping.” She shook her head and covered her face.

“Ahyoung-ah!” Sungjae slid down from his car and ran to her.

“…They died….They were killed, Sungjae. They were my babies, when..thunder freaked me out, George would lay beside me till I finally slept, and King….King would always stay up when I have extra work at home… Now they’re gone.” Her hiccups turned into loud sobs, Sungjae nodded and pulled her up into a hug, Ahyoung buried her face on his shoulder.

“I know, I’m sorry that this happened, bub. But we’ll look into it. Don’t worry.”

 

 

Ahyoung was sitting inside her home office, facing the windows as she tried to relax. Sungjae was downstairs, speaking with the police.

“Hey,”

Her brows rose, Myungsoo had stepped in the room.

“I heard about what happened, I’m sorry.” He said, then he leaned down to kiss her cheek.

Ahyoung looked up.

She didn’t know why but something felt wrong and suspicious.

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo asked her.

“I’m fine, I need to shower, can you join Sungjae downstairs for a bit?” She asked as she stood up. Myungsoo nodded and quietly exited the room, Ahyoung went to her room and grabbed her phone.

 

She was barefooted as she walked back and forth at the veranda with her cellphone on her hand.

“Hello, Ahyoung-ah?”

“Oh, oppa, thanks for answering.” She smiled.

“It’s you, of course I should answer. Something wrong?”

“Well, I…Can you check on a person for me? Just a little things, like movements for the past few days.”

“Wae? Myungsoo can’t do it for you?” He mused, she shook her head and glanced at the three black SUVs parked at her driveway.

“L’s been busy lately, oppa. So, can you do it? I’ll pay~”

“No need to, I’ll do it, give me the names then.”

“Just a name. Lee Mihee, she’s from Japan. Also, Myungsoo’s soon to be wife.”

 

 

Ahyoung had changed into a tank top and sweats as she stepped down, Sungjae waved her over to the kitchen.

“What are we having?” She asked as she padded to them, she leaned over the kitchen table.

“I’m making pasta and some salad.” Sungjae nodded at her, Myungsoo hooked one arm around her neck.

“Feeling better?” He asked, Ahyoung shook her head.

“I feel empty, but I’m holding up.” She nodded, Myungsoo nodded and just pulled her to him.

“We decided some things, Young.” Sungjae said as he faced them, Ahyoung looked at him still trapped in Myungsoo’s arms.

“What? Ya, Myungsoo~”

Myungsoo smiled and just tightened his arms. Sungjae grinned.

“Your house has become so….traumatic, a lot of things has happened just this week, so it’s better if you live with me until things…cool down. We don’t want you to be alone here.”

Ahyoung glared at Myungsoo who was grinning at her, she tried to push him away, but he still clung to her.

“He’s only going to let go if I say yes, huh?” She asked, her lips blocked by his arm.

Sungjae nodded.

“But, you see~”

“So, this is how it is?” A female voice joined them, Sungjae looked at Mihee.

Ahyoung’s eyes widened, but Myungsoo didn’t budge.

“Mihee, we were just~”

“Am I a joke to you, Myungsoo?” She looked at him, Myungsoo put his arms down, Ahyoung stepped back.

“What happened?!” He hollered, his men came in.

“I clearly told you not to let anyone in unless given clearance to.”

“We’re sorry, boss. She threatened us.” They bowed, Mihee laughed in disbelief.

“How could you do this? Are you driving me away?”

“Ani, this is not my house, it’s hers.” Myungsoo looked at Ahyoung briefly.

“Don’t you run to her always? I’m starting doubt whether you two are just best friends.”

“Let’s talk outside.” Myungsoo walked to her and started to pull her by the wrist, but Mihee shook him off and strode to Ahyoung. She was about to raise her palm but the three men suddenly appeared before her, blocking her way.

“What? Don’t you all work for my fiancé? Why are you taking her side?” She snapped, the three refused to reply.

“We’re sorry, but we can’t let you do that to our agasshi.” One of them replied.

Myungsoo exhaled, Sungjae bit his lip.

Mihee exhaled in anger and turned to Myungsoo.

“Let’s have dinner, guys.” Ahyoung spoke up, Sungjae nodded. All heads turned to Ahyoung expectantly, Mihee grew more infuriated.

“Well, I only prepared plates for us three and your men.” Ahyoung said innocently, she looked at Mihee.

“Song Ahyoung, you~”

Ahyoung exhaled and sidestepped her gangster guards and faced Mihee.

“It’s up to Myungsoo if he goes with you or not, I’m not going to stop him, but if you do this again,” She took another step forward, Mihee stepped back.

 

 

“Please don’t forget what my family can do to yours if I get angry.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++