012

Eyes On You

 

 

Vernon looked up as Ahyoung entered the room.

Sehun mentioned you were here.” She started, he nodded and stood up.

I must have shocked you, sorry~

You don’t have to apologize, I should. I ran out on you.” She said, Vernon walked to her and took both of her hands.

It was too sudden, I shouldn’t have done that. Because please know that I’m not rushing you for an answer.” Vernon said softly, Ahyoung lips quirked up.

I know, you’re one of the most patient people I know.” She replied, Vernon pecked her on the lips before pulling back.

I’ll pick you up at lunch?” He asked, Ahyoung nodded. Vernon flashed a warm smile before leaving.

Ahyoung looked at the ring on her finger, she took it off before walking towards the windows.

 

 

Myungsoo stepped inside the dojo, his older brother was boxing with a sparring partner at the ring.

Jaejoong looked up as his assistant started to unwrap his hands, he had just finished sparring.

“What brings you here, little brother?” He mused as he saw Myungsoo by the steel staircase.

“Hyung,” He started, Jaejoong detected the edge in his tone.

“Is this about the wedding?” He asked, he signaled for his men to leave the room.

“That doesn’t bother me anymore.”

Jaejoong took a long sip from his water bottle while observing his brother.

“Mihee misunderstood.”

“What?” Jaejoong voiced.

“About Ahyoung. I didn’t know there would be conflict. I don’t like it.”

“The conflict or Mihee misunderstanding Ahyouhng?” He asked as he sat down across his brother. Myungsoo looked up.

“Sungjae says everything will change, that I don’t like.”

Jaejoong nodded, his lips quirking up. His younger brother had always been so cold and quiet, but there were times when his naïve side would show, especially when he felt unsure and lost.

“Ya, no matter what happens, Ahyoung is still Ahyoung, Mihee will be your wife.”

Myungsoo nodded.

“And Sungjae will probably die in your hands.” Jaejoong pointed out, Myungsoo shook his head.

“Right, my assistant told me you wanted to check on Choi Hansol?”

Myungsoo nodded.

“Why do you want to “check” on him?” He made air quotations with his hands.

“It’s something I should have done long ago, anyway, I need to get going.” Myungsoo stood up and left.

Jaejoong’s brows furrowed as he leaned back on his seat.

“Something doesn’t seem right.”

 

 

Ahyoung pressed the tip of the pen against her lip as she read the document on her hand.

She looked like she was focusing, but in reality, she couldn’t.

Her brain was a huge muddle and she had no idea what to do with Vernon.

Then the doors suddenly opened, she jumped on her seat, she looked up and saw Myungsoo stroll in her office.

“I know that face.” He said as he approached her.

“Don’t you have bigger things to worry about?” She replied, referring to his scheduled press conference about his wedding.

“I sent my secretary, we’re all supposed to have lunch at Sheraton.”

“….Are you here to pick me up? Because L, next time, you can just call me.” She lifted her phone with a small smile.

“Ani, I came here because of what you said.”

“Mwo?” She blinked, Myungsoo shrugged and took her coat and motioned her to stand.

“What are you saying?” She mumbled as she stood up, Myungsoo helped her with her coat.

“I’m hesitating.” He snapped at her, Ahyoung blinked at him.

The moment you hesitate, tell us and ask for our help.”

Then she halted, Myungsoo looked at her, then she knew what was going through his head.

“And you realize this now?” She asked softly.

“I thought….it was going to be okay, but I don’t think so.” Myungsoo met her gaze, she exhaled.

“Okay, what do you want to do?” She pulled him through the door, Myungsoo looked at her hand.

“The ring? Have you talked already?” He asked.

“Before me, let’s talk about you first, gangster ahjussi.” She replied impatitently, Myungsoo’s lips quirked up.

“Do I get to be a VIP guest?”

“Do you want me to call Jaejoong oppa to pick you up here?” She replied hotly, Myungsoo chuckled before squeezing her elbow.

“As long as you’re safe, it’s fine, marry him.”

Ahyoung shook her head as they waited for the elevator.

 

 

“This is where we meet at the same point, I’m..hesitating too.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++