013

Eyes On You

 

 

Sungjae drummed his fingers on the table carefully, Jaejoong was leisurely leaning back against his seat while playing a game on his phone, the atmosphere on the table was heavy and extremely uncomfortable.

Myungsoo’s father was pissed beyond words and Mihee wasn’t talking.

Their men were already trying to locate Myungsoo, but it has been an hour and they still could not find him.

“Did something happen?” Jaejoong whispered to Sungjae.

“...I’m no sure, hyung, but..”

Mister Kim suddenly stood up and stepped out of the room.

“You can’t find him? What about Ahyoung?” Mihee spoke softly, Sungjae wanted to roll his eyes at the girl.

“Myungsoo is most likely hiding behind Ahyoung.” Jaejoong grinned and took a sip of his wine.

 

 

“This is crazy, it’s just lunch with your parents and Mihee.” Ahyoung commented as she slid inside the car and on the driver’s seat.

“Just drive.” Myungsoo said as he leaned back and closed his eyes.

“Where are we going?” She asked, Myungsoo’s brows furrowed, then he smirked.

“Jeju.”

“Are you kidding me? Myungsoo, Jeju~”

“Just drive and take me away from Seoul, dinner’s my treat.”

“So, we’re not getting lunch?” She sighed as she started the car, Myungsoo just grinned and leaned over to kiss her cheek.

“That would be my treat too, so drive.”

Ahyoung was stunned; she blinked at him before stepping on the gas.

Soon, the black Maybach Exelero was seen speeding away from the building.

 

 

“Did she pick up?” The elder queried as they ate.

“It’s still ringing.” Sungjae said uncomfortably.

“Put baby girl on speaker, I want to hear her voice.” Jaejoong mused, Sungjae followed and set his phone on the table.

“Sungjae-yah?” Ahyoung picked up after a few rings, they could hear that she was driving.

“Why aren’t you here? We’re having lunch with uncle and auntie.” Sungjae chided softly.

“Hi uncle and auntie!” She greeted, the elder male smiled and chuckled.

“I’m looking for my other son, do you happen to know where he is, dear?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“No, I’m on my way to Incheon to visit a site, sorry I’m not able to join you.” Ahyoung replied.

Jaejoong hid his smirk.

“Okay then, be careful while driving, Ahyoung.” Mr. Kim replied.

“Yes, enjoy your meal, please don’t forget not to feed Sungjae too much cake. He gets too hyper.” Ahyoung chuckled before ending the call, the elders resumed eating and chatted with Mihee, they apologized for their son’s disappearing act.

Sungjae was about to help himself with his steak when his phone buzzed, Jaejoong leaned over as he opened the message.

It was from Ahyoung.

Jeju

Sungjae just shook his head while Jaejoong bit back his chuckle.

 

 

Ahyoung slid down from the car and handed the key to her assistant.

“How was your drive, ma’am?” He asked politely as Myungsoo got down from the car, he put his sunglasses and hat on.

“I need a massage, can you get the prepared? We’ll be staying at the villa, please inform them.”

The male smiled and nodded.

“And nobody should know that the mafia prince is here, got it?”

“Yes, just like our old protocol.”

“Thanks, you grab some lunch too.” She smiled at him before she followed Myungsoo to a waiting Aventador, he smirked at her before he slid in the driver’s seat.

“Raw octopus?” Ahyoung asked as she slid in the car, Myungsoo nodded.

“You’ll tell me why you’re doing this once you got sorted out in your head, right?” She asked, he nodded, Ahyoung leaned back on the seat.

“Why did you take off the ring?” He asked.

“To be honest, Vernon’s….a little different.” She said.

“He’s not like us? Roaming around the country during work hours?” He asked, Ahyoung shook her head.

“I told him that I wasn’t really happy..with where I am now.”

Myungsoo nodded, he knew about her issues.

“Then he questioned me why I’m not when I have everything. He..laughed at that, I explained to him, but he didn’t get it.”

“Maybe he wasn’t expecting it from you.”

“He expects me to be just the way I am now, and I’m not sure if I’m willing to work at the company for long.” She whispered, Myungsoo exhaled but he nodded.

“Then he asked me to marry him.”

“You’re a commitment phobic.” Myungsoo pointed out, Ahyoung slapped his arm.

“Do you love him, Young?” He asked.

Ahyoung just grew silent and closed her eyes.

“Do I?” She sat up, Myungsoo glanced at her with a grin.

“Do you really want me to answer that?” He replied.

Ahyoung shrugged.

“You’re going to give me a lecture anyway.” She said, Myungsoo glanced at the side mirror and found an Audi R8 tailing them.

“Sungjae’s here.” Ahyoung said.

“Remember when he said that you were just dating Vernon because you had a crush on him during our university days?”

She nodded.

“I think…he’s right, Ahyoung-ah.”

Ahyoung was stunned.

“I’ve always had a feeling you didn’t really have feelings for him.”

“…..I~”

“It’s just so you, you can’t reject people, you’re too kind-hearted…and naïve.” He nodded with a small smile.

“I’m in deep , huh?”

 

“Always have been, but you have me and Sungjae, so don’t worry.” Myungsoo smiled at her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++