OC X Min Yoongi (BTS)

Collection of Oneshots

After months of locking himself in his music studio, Min Yoongi, was almost ready to drop his mixtape unannounced. All that was left to do, was to work on the last two songs. He had most of the lyrics written and all he had to do now was to find someone to sing some of the parts for it. He wanted someone with a unique yet calming voice. He wanted his song to sound similar to Tiger JK's reset. He wanted to mix his rapping with calm vocals to create new sounds. Perhaps, he should ask someone from Bangtan? Maybe not, maybe a female voice would be better.

Days passed and Yoongi was at a struggle of who to ask. He wanted someone unique but at the same time, wanted someone who started out underground as he did. They would understand his meaning of the song and be able to project the emotions he was looking for.

"Hey hyung." Namjoon popped his head into the room as Yoongi looked up before nodding in acknowledgement.

"Hey."

"Did you figure out who you're going to ask?" Namjoon let himself into the room with Hoseok close behind him. As a fellow rapper themselves, Namjoon and Hoseok understand the pressure of finding the perfect vocalist. Picking the wrong one could ruin the song and the meaning.

Yoongi shrugged as he slouched in his chair.

"No. I'm at a blank. This is the only song that's left. I finished the Interlude already."

"What about Heaven?" Hoseok tentatively piped up as Yoongi froze, the name haunting him.

"Hyung!" Namjoon hissed as Hoseok shrugged.

"What? She has the voice, did you hear her rendition of Reset? She could defintely pull this off. I'm friends with her if you don't want to ask her."

"He's right." Taehyung popped up from the doorway where he was eavesdropping. "I heard noona's voice. It sends shivers down my spine. She's really good hyung. You should ask her."

Yoongi bit his lip as he concentrated. Did he really want his ex-girlfriend featured in his song? Only Namjoon and Hoseok knew that the two had dated in the past. Taehyung and the others had no idea. Yoongi had to agree that she did have the vocals that he was seeking for and adding her to his mixtape would be the icing on the cake.

"Fine." Yoongi agreed. "Text her for me."

------------------

Yoon Hyejung nodded along in the music studio as the music flowed through her lage headphones. Her eyes were closed as she willed herself to fall into the music and block out all other sounds around her. Yoongi sat in one of the vacant chairs on the opposite side of the glass watching her every move, every head nod. When Hoseok had told him that she agreed, he was shocked. He assumed that she would have stayed far away from him.

When she arrived though, Yoongi knew that Hoseok had left out the important detail of which Bangtan member she was going to be working with. But Hyejung was professional. Since she had already agreed, she simply nodded along as Yoongi told her what he wanted the song to sound like. She went through the lyrics that she was suppose to sing and too his surprise, also went through the lyrics he rapped.

A quiet knock snapped him out of his mind as he glanced upwards to see Hyejung staring at him, her expression unreadable.

"I'm ready." She stated before turning around and sitting back down in the tall black stool. In front of her was a stand that held the song lyrics with a microphone placed in front of her face. Yoongi pressed a few buttons before the song filled in through her headphones once more. He watched as Hyejung literally blended with the music and became apart of it.

Her calm and unique voice melted in his ears causing shivers to go down his spine. Taehyung wasn't lying when he said she had that effect on people. She truly was gifted. She finished her part before pulling her headphones down and looking at Yoongi for his advice.

"Can you add more emphasis on the 2nd part?" He requested as she tilted her head.

"I want the audience to really be able to hear the raw emotions that the song is projecting."

A look of understanding flashed across her face as she placed her headphones back over her ears before falling back into a trance with the music.

----------

Yoongi clicked around with his mouse as Hyejung sat quietly beside him. Adding the final touches, Yoongi let out a sigh of relief as he pressed save before stretching. Tomorrow, he was going to release his mixtape.

Hyejung grabbed her bag before standing up and heading for the door after noting her duty was done.

"Wait." Yoongi's voice stopped her as she looked behind.

With his bangs flattened aganist his forehead by his black beanie, Hyejung's heart fluttered as she remembered why she fell for him in the first place. Although his hair was no longer black and instead a stark blonde, he was still the same Yoongi. The same one that had broken up with her years ago. But, she hadn't stopped supporting him. She might appear indifferent, but she supported him since his debut in Bangtan. She attended everyone of their concerts and listened to every single one of their songs. Seeing him finally reach his dream made her happy.

"Do you want to get food? We worked through lunch and dinner. I'm pretty sure you're starving."

Hyejung thought for a moment before slowly nodding as Yoongi stood and grabbed his jacket. The two of them made their way out of BigHit's headquaters and into the dark night. It was silent as the two of them made their way to their favorite stall before Yoongi had debuted.

Yoongi ordered spicy rice cakes, blood sausage, and an order of fish cakes. Hyejung nibbled on a fish cake skewer as Yoongi eyed her semi-empty plate before spooning a heaping portion of her favorite.

"You're still so skinny." He muttered before taking one of the blood sausages from the plate in the middle.

"Yoongi."

Yoongi paused as he glanced upwards, his eyebrows quirked.

"Why did you choose me to feature in your song?"

"I'm surprised you didn't go for Suran unnie."

"I felt that your voice fit better." Yoongi stated simply as Hyejung gave him a look to continue.

"I felt that you could relate to the song better. You were there when I was just starting out. You were there watching and cheering me on as I chsed my dream. You were my number 1 supporter and I threw you away like you were nothing to me. I guess, this was my way of apologizing. I know that featuring you in one of my songs doesn't even come close to what I made you go through. But, I just wanted to do something for you."

"Yoongi." Hyejung reached over before patting his closed fist. "It's not your fault. For us, music always comes first. You did what you wanted to do. You followed your dream. At first, I was angry with you but I understood you. I would have done the same thing if I was in your situation. I don't resent you Yoongi. So don't beat yourself over what happened in the past. You found your wings."

Yoongi bit down on his lip as tears threatened to fall. He was never one to show his emotions. Fans deemed him as cold and he lived up to the facade. But even now, Hyejung was able to have him sobbing like a small child with just a few words.

"Hey." Hyejung wrapped her fingers around his as his grip tightened. "The Min Yoongi of Bangtan does not cry. He's strong enough to fight aganist the world."

"Thank you." Yoongi choked out. "Thank you for forgiving me."

Hyejung smiled as she shook her head.

"No. Thank you for being you."

 

Bangtan's Suga released his AgustD mixtape. One song in particular is rising on the charts despite not having any promotion. So far Away featuring Heaven has received an all-kill on major networks. Congrats Suga!

[+8234, -84] TT the song is so good!! I can actually hear all the raw emotion

[+31475, -345] Does this mean Yoongi is back to dating Hyejung??? Is my ship finally sailing again??

[+29384, -3123] The entire mixtape is amazing. But this song is probably my favorite. Unlike a lot of songs these days, you can actually feel the emotions behind their voices. Behind each of their words. Both of them are so skilled. I'm surprised no one has signed Hyejung yet. She would have charted.