OC X Mark

Collection of Oneshots

Mark Tuan sent out a silent head nod as members of his team bursted through the front door of a house.

"Seoul Police Department!" Jackson shouted as he entered first, gun poised in front of him. He sent silent hand motions to both Yugyeom and Bambam who were behind him as they shot off into different directions of the house. The house was dead silent, the only wsound was the clicks of their shoes aganist the shiny, hardwood floors.

"Clear!" Youngjae shouted from down the hallway.

"Bedrooms clear!" JR chimed in from upstairs.

"Basement clear!" JB yelled from down the stairs.

Guns were pocketed as armed police officers stood guard outside, their keen eyes looking for anything out of the ordinary, letting the detectives on the inside do their jobs. Crime Scene inspectors quickly flew in as they started taking in evidence ranging from finger prints to even going through the trash. But nothing signified where the missing man was. 

Mark massaged his temples as they crowded around the kitchen table to look at the various documents that were left behind. Jackson sniffed the iar before heading toward the stove, placing his heand lightly over to feel some of the heat still resonating off of it.

"It's still hot." He announced. "They were just here."

Mark glanced out the window and into the forest as his eyes furrowed in concentration. Could they be in the woods? He knew for a fact that the woods went on for hours.

"Hyung." Youngjae's voice echoed as Mark's eyes snapped over to his frame to hold up a bloodied bandage. "She was here."

"The woods." JB whispered as he darted outside with Mark hot on his heels. The rest of the police squad followed their movements with some going in cars to make the journey faster. He spotted two shadows up ahead.

"There! Get them!"

Hearing the words, the girl turned around, her blonde hair blowing in the slight wind before darting off into the trees, leaving the man she had captured behind.

"I got him!" Bambam yelled as he beckoned for the others to keep going.

Mark kept his eyes pinned on the small figure in front of him. He gained closer and closer, he could literally feel her in the air before he pounced. Leaping forward, he tackled the girl down as both of them skidded, their guns flying out of their hands and into the dirt. The pair struggled as she growled out, kicking him off of her.

Mark let out a grunt of pain before wrapping his fingers around his weapon as Mark got to his feet, his gun trained on her forehead.

"Freeze!" He barked out as she froze, her hand only a foot away from her own gun.

"Turn around slowly with your hands up!" He demanded as she slowly turned.

"Kick the gun over here."

She did as she was told until she was vulnerable in front of her. Mark's eyes drilled into her features as emotions rushed at him in full force. Standing before him was his partner, the one girl he had fell in love with. Wang Aly. With her large doe eyes and small plump lips, Mark was instantly drawn towards her. But while the duo was a killer pair, Aly was now on Seoul Police Department's most wanted list. She had gone awall when she was framed for a kill that she didn't commit.

It had to be at least a week now that she was running from her former partner and job. When was the last time she had seen Mark? It felt ages ago. Just seeing him standing in front of her, she wanted to run into his arms and feel his fingers run through her hair and tell her everything was okay. But everything wasn't okay. Everyone was after her. She couldn't trust anyone.

"You wouldn't shoot me." Aly remarked, her eyes blank and emotionless. 

Mark's grip on his gun tightened. "This are different now. I'll shoot you if I have too."

The pair stood eyeing one another. The air was thick with tension, there were no birds chirping, it was just silence.

"Let me go." Aly whispered as her eyes locked in on Mark's.

Mark wanted to let her go, he really did, but it was aganist protocal and as the lead on the case, he couldn't let her do that no matter what his heart tried to tell his bain.

"Turn yourself in Aly. You have nowhere to run."

Aly snorted out in laughter, her arms dangling uselessly in the air. 

"You know as well as I do, if I go, they'll kill me."

"No they won't." Mark grinded out as he slowly inched forward. "I won't let them."

"You don't know who you're dealing with Mark. Please, just let me go."

"I can't. Don't you think I want to let you go too?!" Mark exploded as Aly stared at him wide-eyed.

"I want to let you go. I want things to go back to the way before, but I can't! The director's breathing down my neck about this. They're forcing us to work with Director Park about this. I can't-"

"Who are you working with again?"

Mark froze as Aly interrupted him. Her voice was icy cold but there was a sense of fear in them. He searched her eyes and found the emotion he was looking for. Fear. She was scared of something.

"Director Park..." Mark trailed off as Aly remained frozen as a statue.

"No. I can't go to him." Aly hissed as she started trembling. 

Mark's eyes narrowed. "What do you know that I don't know?"

"He's working for them! The group that framed me! The Nights!"

"Why would the director want us to work with people who worked for that group? It doesn't make sense Aly."

"It's because she doesn't know!" Aly was close to hysterics at this point. "She has no idea who Director Park really is! He's on their payroll. I saw it!"

"Prove it." Mark stated evenly as he pocketed his gun in the back of his pants. Aly knew full well that she couldn't outrun his long and endless legs.

"My pants pocket, there's a burner phone. In it, there's a video. It's all there." Aly whispered quietly as Mark made his way over before dragging her to the prvacy of a tree. He handcuffed her arms behind her back as a safety measure before reaching for her pocket.

His fingers danced along the edges before digging out the small burner phone. Keeping a firm grip, on her frame, he flipped it open and watched the video silently, his eyes widening as each second passed.

"." He hissed out once the video finished and he stuck it back into the safety of her pocket.

"Now do you see?" Aly whispered, painfully aware at how close the two were. They were chest to chest with not even a sliver of space between them. Aly could almost feel Mark's lips on her own as she eyed them.

"Fine." Mark sighed as he leaned his forehead aganist hers. "You have proof, so get out of here. But, you better get in contact with me or god help me, I'll kill you myself."

Aly nodded furiously as the handcuffs came loose. She was about to dart forward, when he grabbed her shoulders to shove her back aganist the tree once more. She stared up at him in confusion as he merely smirked down at her.

"You don't think you could escape me without giving me a parting gift did you?"

Aly was confused. What parting gift? What gift? But she didn't have to think any further as Mark's lips came crashing down on her own. The mere touch caused her stomach to flip in emotions. He pressed his lips tighter aganist hers, as if he was afraid that she would disappear into thin air if he didn't. He only pulled away when both of them gasped for air.

He sent her a signature smirk before moving aside.

"Go along Aly bear. Don't forget to call me. I'll find you even if you don't."

Aly sent him a grateful look before darting through the trees and disappearing from sight as Mark remained behind watching her figure get smaller and smaller.

His fists tightened as he turned to head back to the others. With the new found evidence, he was even more determined to prove Aly's innocence. Now that he knew who he was dealing with, it made everything even harder than before. But no matter, he would be able to pull through. After all, he was Mark Tuan.