OC x Mark

Collection of Oneshots

The Tuan family sat in the living room of their massive mansion situated in Taipei, Taiwan. Mr. Tuan was a re-nowned businessman, allowing him to own several chains of the high end Tuan hotel line. Mrs. Tuan was a fashion designer and had several boutiques under her name as well as several malls both in Asia and in the U.S.

Tammy, the eldest, was away with her fiance, touring the beautiful Europe in hopes of finding a venue for her special wedding day. The youngest, Joey, was holed up in his room, actively playing his video games. Mark, the middle child was casually looking through his phone. The TV that was blaring loudly, served only as a distraction.

A loud chime was heard followed by the doors opening and several hushed voices and the sounds of heels clicking on the newly polished floor. The room to the family room swung open after a few soft knocks as Mark looked up curiously. Standing before them, was a women in her mid forties, dressed elegantly in a blouse and pants ensemble.

Mark watched as his mother and this unfamiliar woman ran at each other before embracing one another tightly. They spoke for a few moments before Mrs. Tuan ushered her forward.

“This is my son Mark.”

“Hello.” Mark bowed as the other woman beamed at him.

“You’re son has grown so much. I remember him being a baby. Time sure does fly fast doesn’t?”

“It does.” Mrs. Tuan agreed before looking confused. “I thought your son and daughter were visiting Taiwan with you as well?”

“Ah.” Mrs. Zhang cleared . “My children are a bit rebellious. They decided to go off on their own but I demanded them to come here.”

Mark’s curious eyebrows rose up. The sweet little, Aileen being rebellious? He mentally snorted at the thought. There was no way, Aileen and her brother Brian would be rebellious, no way at all.

“Mom.” An unfamiliar voice rang out as Mark felt his jaw slacken. Standing before him were a guy and a girl. But he knew who they were. Aileen and Brian, his childhood friends.

Brian was the younger one, being two years younger than himself. He was the same age as Joey. His black hair was replaced with a blinding platinum blonde that had several blue slivers running through them. Bright flashes of silver, shined off the lights as his earrings menacingly made themselves known.  He was dressed in a pair of black jeans and a black leather jacket with his hands stuffed in his pocket but he was hovering protectively in front of his older sister.

Aileen was the same age as Mark. They were merely months apart with Mark being older. No longer did she have jet black hair either. Her hair was the same blinding shade as her brother’s but instead of blue, it was red streaks that ran through them. She was dressed in a pair of ripped black jeans, torn at the knees, with a thin black tank top. Black ink ran from her wrist to the center of her arm. Her eyes adorned several silver piercings.

“What were you two doing?” Mrs. Zhang sighed tiredly as Aileen shrugged carelessly. 

“Did you know that they tried to pick a fight with me?” Brian snorted just as Joey came down the stairs.

“Woah. You fight now bro? That’s so cool!” 

Brian glanced over at Joey before shrugging and following him in the direction of the stairs.

“Bye sis. Don’t get into trouble, I won’t be there to save you.”

Aileen scoffed as she crossed her arms.

“I don’t need you to save me brat.”

“Mark. Why don’t you take Aileen up to your room?” Mark let out a mute nod as he strolled forward before heading up the stairs. Walking through a long hallway, he pushed open the door.

“Here. My haven.” He stated as Aileen walked inside before making a beeline for his bed and flopping onto her stomach as Mark watched for a few moments before joining her.

“You’re quiet.” Aileen commented as she snugged her face into his pillow as Mark shrugged.

“You look different.” Mark countered while taking a few strands of her hair in between his fingers as she gazed up at him.

“You know why Mark.” She stated softly as Mark’s eyes darted downwards to see the vulnerability behind them.

“I know.” He whispered softly before lying down so the two were face to face.

“I just didn’t expect this much change.”

He reached over and her cheek tenderly as Aileen closed her eyes, sighing in content at his touch.

“If I don’t do this, people just stomp over my mom.” Mark’s hand never stopped grazing at her cheek soothingly. “They think that because my dad’s not here anymore they can just do what they please. They tried to take the companies away from her. They tried so hard but me and Brian managed to stop them. I’m tired Mark. I didn’t want to turn out this way either.”

Mark reached over before tugging her into his chest as his arms wrapped around her frame protectively.

“You don’t have to be brave.” He whispered gently into her hair. “As long as I’m here, you don’t have to be brave. I’ll protect you.”