Care Part 2

It takes two to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing wakes up from his sleep and finds no one beside him. "Yifan is pretty busy lately..I wonder what is the obligation of a married couple?",He sighs and rubs his sleepy eyes.Then,his eyes widen when he notices that his finger doesn't have any ring. "God,How can I forgot about the ring. I shouldn't have removed it from the first place.",Yixing walks out from the room and he is surprised to meet Tao early in the morning.

"Good morning."

"Yeah, morning..aren't you going to change your outfit before heading anywhere?"

"I forgot my wedding ring, Tao. I need to get it now before breakfast."

"You are really careless.Where do you think you left it?"

"In the piano room."

"Alright,I will lend a hand then.",They go to the piano room and Yixing quickly searches for his ring on the piano. "This is weird.",Yixing kneels on the ground and tries to search it on the carpeted floor. 

"What's wrong?"

"Tao,I couldn't find the ring anywhere. What should I do now? "

"Are you sure that you've been looking it thoroughly.",Tao joins Yixing by searching the rings on the same spot. "Are you sure that you left it here?"

"Hmm, I guess so but I have the great feeling I had removed the ring in this room.",Yixing replies while searching it again on the piano while Tao searches the ring on the floor. "What is this?",Yixing finds a string near the up corner of the piano keys and he tries to pull it. He hears a clicking sound and a small box falls on the floor. 

"What are you doing?",Tao asks when he spots the box drops just next to him. 

"There is a weird string attached at the piano but nothing happens when I tried to pull it,so have you found the ring yet?"

"No, but I found a small box instead.",Tao grabs the small box and shows it to Yixing. "Its just fell next to me." ,They open up the lid of the box and bemuse by what they just found.

"Who is he? He looks exactly like Yifan", They scan all the pictures and the only thing they see are the activities doing by a little boy who has a strong similarity with Yifan. The picture that catches Yixing's attention is the picture of the boy playing the piano.

"It could be Yifan's deceased brothers, Wu Di. I heard he was killed by the rebels when he was still 11 years old."

"Killed by rebel? How old is Yifan on that time then?"

"Hmm..he could be 8 years old I guess. If Di ge still alive, he should be 23. I don't know much about that incident because I was brought into this palace 7 years after that."

"Oh..hmm. Yifan hasn't told me anything about his family before, so I have no idea about his background. By the way, was Di the only brothers Yifan had?"

"What are you saying, he still has me as his brother.", Yixing looks at Tao awkwardly but a minute after that, he chuckles.

"Of course, you are..in 7 years later.",Tao shoots a glare at Yixing but for him its really funny to see the tall boy's respond. Now Yixing understands why Yifan was quiet and lonely when he first met him. He wonders how can Yifan overcome that sad experience when he was still 8 years old. That age was too young in Yixing's opinion. "But then why they kept his pictures in this piano?"

"In our custom,pictures of a deceased person isn't allowed to be display or keep by oneself. So,most people will keep it in something that the person most fond of and only the related family knows about it. It could be that Di ge fonded with this piano the most and to sustain the memory of him,they kept all his pictures inside it."

"Oh,now I get it. Didn't anyone tell you about this before?"

"Nope.I just knew it today.Yifan ge didn't tell me anything about the place they kept the pictures of Di ge. He doesn't want to remember I guess.",Yixing nods and Tao looks at his watch. "You should get a change soon. Breakfast will be in 15 minutes. Yifan ge will scold me if you didn't show up on time"

"Oh right...but wait a minute, how about the ring then?",Yixing asks while closing the small box and puts it on the piano.

"The servant could have found it first. I will try to ask them later."

"Hmm..Alright then.",Yixing nods and they head back to his room, leaving the small box on the piano. They haven't notice that someone is watching them from afar. After Yixing changes his attire, Tao accompanies him to the dining room and Yixing finds his husband waiting for him at the door. "What have you done to your face? Haven't you sleep yesterday?",Yixing asks while hiding his hand behind his back so that the tall man won't notice his missing ring. Yifan glares at him for asking that kind of question. "You should get some rest if you need one. You can ask for my help too if you have a problem."

"This is not something that you should interfere with. Just make yourself as safe as possible.",Yifan enters the dining room and Yixing annoyingly follows him from behind. After they had their breakfast, Yifan instructs Tao to send Yixing safely to his room. Yixing feels like he is being treated like a kid for some reason and he dislikes it very much.

"Hey Tao, do you remember what you said last night?"

"What is it about?"

"Don't you remember?"

"I do..so what?"

"Don't tell me you are following what he just ordered."

"I have to.."

"Yeah right..", Yixing shakes his head and pouts in disbelief which leaves Tao completely in confusion, whether to follow Yifan's order or to fulfill his yesterday promise. "I don't mind if you want to obey his order but I'm so worried about the disappearance of the ring. I wonder what will happen if I fail to get that ring back."

"Hmm.Hey, just this once..and it's only because we are searching for your ring."

"Are you sure? Yes!",Yixing is delighted because not only he can search together for the ring but at the same time, he can spend more time with others too.They walk around the palace and ask any servants they can find about the ring but to their dismay, there is no sign of it anywhere. They reach to the clay room where some workers make any expensive and valuable clay items that can be used in the palace or sell them to others country to gain some profit.

"I just remember that today is their day off. There is no one in there I guess.We shall go and look at other room.",Tao is about to leave but Yixing suddenly pulls his arm.

"There must be something in there. Let's have a look for awhile."

"There is nothing-", Yixing quickly enters the unlocked room before Tao can finish his sentence. Tao sighs in disbelief and when he opens the door, something is flying towards him.

"Watch out!",He quickly dodges before it hits him.

"What the heck is going on?"

"Thank goodness you know how to dodge. I accidently pushed a button and the machine just throws the clay randomly. I manage to shut it off before its getting bad. I'm sorry. At least, I know how fast you are Tao, quite impressive."

"Ahem, of course, I am.",Tao blushes when he heard such compliments. Yifan hardly says anything about his skills and he feels so happy when someone notices his effort after those training years. Yixing ignores the tall boy and approaches the splattered clay.

"Such a waste..", Yixing is silently doing something with the clay before Tao notices his activity and joins him. 

"What are you doing?",Yixing smiles and shows him a small handmade creation. It has the shape of a bear head with two round ears.

"Its look sticky."

"The clay is sticky but will get hard soon.",Yixing puts it under an electrical heater to harden it and Tao just quietly watching him. After it getting hard enough, Yixing takes some paint and gives it some final touch. "You seem to know what you are doing."

"It's really fun. You should do the same."

"Next time I guess."

"So Tao, tell me what will you do when you are bored?"

"Hmm, do martial arts."

"That's all?"

"I have nothing much to do. I used to accompany Yifan wherever he went and watched his daily routine."

"Just watching? Don't you want to join him too?"

"I do..but for the sake of his reputation, I restrained myself from doing so. Getting the chance of watching him was enough to be part of his life and it was kinda made me happy."

"Oh..but I believe that sharing or doing something that I love together with someone will delight my day than anything.",Yixing blows the painted sculpture to make it dries quickly. "Here, for you Tao.",He gives the handmade object to the tall boy and he receives it with confusion.

"What is--"

"Doesn't it looks like a panda?",Tao scans the sculpture and it looks exactly like what it's supposed to be.

"So why are you giving me this 'panda' thingy?"

"Its really fun to make something for an important friend. Just accept this as a friendly gift from me. Moreover..this panda suits you well. Your face kinda remind me of one of its kinds.I call it Kung fu Panda Tao because you are good in martial arts"

"Kung Fu Panda Tao..Seriously? Why did you think like that?"

"Instinct I guess but no offense, I think panda is cute."

"Cute? Hmm..D-do you think I'm cute?",Tao asks and Yixing instant nod makes the tall boy goes red. "I'm not cute..but I will keep it well--Thanks", Tao smiles for the first time in Yixing's life and the short guy quickly ruffles his hair which shocks him a lot with the sudden action.

"Your hair is soft..but something is off. Come closer", Without any doubt, the tall boy keeps his face closer."Take that!",Yixing laughs when he manages to smudge some paint on others face. "Now..you look more colorful, little Panda.",Tao smirks and keeps the gift in his pant.

"That's it--I will make sure that your day will be more colorful."

"Ah wait..not the face", Tao mixes the color with his hand and smeared it on Yixing's face. "That is too much", They start to play around with the paint until they notice how to mess the room is. "Now I feel bad about the mess but that was pretty fun nonetheless."

"We are messier than this room. Let's have a wash first.",There is a small toilet connected to the clay room and they wash themselves with the clean water."The stain won't remove so easily.",Tao groans while scrubbing his hand to remove the paint.

"Wait a minute..we should use this one.",Yixing picks up a bottle of paint thinner near the sink and he pours it into other's hands. "Now, you can wash it off.",Tao follows his instruction and he is quite surprised to see the result. "There is one left.",Yixing scrubs the small stain on the tall boy's cheek with his thumb. "There, it's gone.",Yixing calmly smiles which makes the tall boy in a daze to see others and then he notice something weird about his feeling. "Tao, are you alright?"

"Y-yeah. Did you say something?"

"We need to clean up this room quick.",They head out from the toilet.

"Eh? But I hate cleaning up the most. You shouldn't worry much about the mess.I'm sure they will help us cleaning this place. Oh, no..Yifan is here!",Tao points at the left corner of the room and Yixing nervously shifts his view towards the direction of the pointing finger.Yixing doesn't see anyone and the only things he hears are the chortlings of someone familiar. "I lied..Whoever reach outside first will get to piggyback the loser.",Yixing doesn't believe what just had happened,did Tao just tricked him and asked him to race? It seems that Tao has finally shown his true color and it makes Yixing feels more happy. Tao starts to run first and Yixing tries to catch up with him.

"Now I understand why didn't you call Yifan as gege. I will make sure that you will regret of tricking me."

"Yeah right,I win! Now--",Tao manages to exit the room first with the two seconds difference but Yixing just passes by him and continues running. "Hey,where are you going?",Tao shouts but he is ignored by him. He follows the direction of the short guy and spots the room that others just entered a while ago. "Yixing,where are you?",The room is in a pitch black and Tao isn't quite sure to enter or not. 

"Tao,help me!",Tao startles to hear his name is called by others. 

"Yixing..what's wrong? Don't fool around. I hate dark.",There is no respond and the tall boy starts to feel worried. What if Yixing is really in trouble? Yifan won't forgive him if it's happened and he won't forgive himself either.He is hesitating at first but then he takes all his courage to enter the dark room.He closes the door and makes sure that no one will escape from this room until he sees who is the main culprit. "This room doesn't have windows.Then,where is the light switch?", He takes a caution for every movement he makes and when he reaches to the switch,someone grabs his shoulder.

"Tao~",With the sudden touch and whisper. The tall boy screams in fear and quickly grabs the arm of the person behind him and twists it. "Argh wai--I'm sorry!"

"Yixing?",While he is still twisting the arm of others,he switches on the light switch and the room is illuminated by bright light. He can see clearly now and to his surprise,the arm who he was grabbing is Yixing's indeed. He giggles at the state of others and lets his arm go. "Don't mess with the wrong guy."

"I will..but still,its worth to know that you are afraid of the dark and hear your loud scream.",Yixing snickers while rubbing his sore arm and Tao is embarrassed by the sudden realization. "You were worried are you? I can see your expression quite clearly before the door was closed."

"I thought you were kidnapped or something. It's not something that I can take for granted."

"Alright,I'm sorry.",They both sit on the floor and lean their back at the wall while glancing around. "What exactly is this room? There is nothing much in here other than some collection of the ancient statue."

"I'm not sure myself but the King does love to collect such thing. Most of the room in this palace are mostly just a storage room for his collection. But to be honest,this room is quite frightening."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter