Recall

It takes two to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yixing! You are alright,my dear.",The Empress embraces her son and plants a kiss on his forehead. She had been worried about her younger son since he was transferred to the Wu Kingdom and looking at the healthy young prince again is just enough to make her thankful. Just like his mother, Yixing sighs of relief to see his family again.

"Xing ge!",Yining,his younger sister quickly hugs him tightly. "I'm sorry for my bad attitude towards you before..It's pretty lonely without your presence.",It was bit awkward but it seems that Yining had forgiven him already for marrying her crush. To tell the truth, when Yining turns 11,she had been falling in love with Yifan at the first sight and when she knew that the Wu prince will marry his brother, she had been giving him a cold shoulder for most of the years. She is pretty sincere with her words and for some reason,she kinda reminds him of Tao and the prince caress her smooth hair gently. Why didn't he realize it sooner? 

"Me too..I'm really sorry for being a bad brother.",She smiles while shaking her head at him before she gives a glance behind his back which makes other turns his head around to see who is she looking at. "Y-yifan..",Yining releases her brother from the hug so that the prince can approach his legitimate partner. Yixing walks towards his husband and caresses his sharp feature face gently."Are you alright? We're so worried about you. How can you just do that to me?",Yixing embraces others tightly with his both arms around his broad shoulder.

"Why can't you just worried about yourself first?",There is a strained of silence between them before Yifan removes both of his arms away from him which leaves his partner dumbfounded."My sacrifice is  a futile...I have nothing to say,I'm sorry.", Yixing can see clearly the eyes of guilt and vulnerable from the tall prince as if his intention of saving him is just a mistake. He wants to say something but their conversation is interrupted by the presence of Sehun and the Zhang Emperor in the room. His father doesn't even willing to look at any of them as he is embarrassed by what had happened to his reputation as the Emperor.

"Please make yourself comfortable 'your majesty' ",Sehun gestures the Emperor to where his royal family is located before he sits on the throne satisfyingly. “They are all here..finally,a reunion of fate.”,Sehun is excited to watch the Emperor,his wife,their youngest daughter,Zhang Yining,Zhang Yixing and Wu Yifan are reunited in the throne room. While at the outside,a whole resident of Zhang is gathering around with confusion. The room is occupied by Sehun's followers and Kai's gang members.Everyone in the room has already known the real intention of the meeting and Tao is locked away when he started to make a ruckus about the plan.Chen is standing far from them as he isn't bare to witness something that will ruin the Zhang's pride as the royal ruler of the Kingdom."You all heard my will right? I hope you know what to do next. The sooner the better."  

"You already have the privilege of taking over my crown. What it has to do with my son?! I'm not going to divorce them for your selfish needs!",The Zhang Emperor barks furiously at the young King and it does affect him a little bit. To uphold his right, he even stands up from the throne and advances towards them so that he can face the Emperor a little closer. 

"My selfish needs? Woah,you should think before you speak old man. Let see..do you remember the former King Oh Sangwon,the one who proposed to your son,Zhang Liang 7 years ago? I just remembered how devastated he was when you rejected his proposal because of your diplomatic relations with the Wu Kingdom. But oh well,he died in the war in the end and Liang holds a deep grudge on you because you forced him to marry a random princess from other Kingdom. Unearthly,Liang had no idea that Sangwon had died and he kept chasing me,saying that I was his lover.He even helped me to overthrown your position as the Emperor and killed his wife because he believed that I was my brother,his ultimate lover. Trust me,it won't happen if you let them together."

"Y-you are lying! Why would I believe you-"

"Quite shocking wasn't it? You can ask your beloved son in law,he is the witness of our conversation.",Yixing gives a glance at Yifan and the tall prince nods silently because he remembered well the time when Liang warned him.He really wants Yixing to know about the wickedness of his brother.

"It-Its true.",The Emperor and his family are taken aback by the truth and they seem hardly believe it.

"But I'm not Sangwon..and I'm not going to marry him just because of his deed.I love Yixing obviously and having your power is just a ticket to get what I had been dreamt of these all unfair years.We made a promise when we were childhood and you ruined it just like what you did to them! You are just like many other parents out there who are seeking power and money for their own greed.We are not your tools to spread your power.",Sehun changes his view to the quiet Yixing and interrupts him with a question. "Don't you agree with me,Yixing?",Yixing looks away from the eyes of people around him because he just can't agree or disagree. His father had been controlling their life for years and he won't listen to what they want. It was an act of selfishness and it just likes what Sehun said but he doesn't want to agree on the promise that he isn't sure of. He decides to face down for most of the times and hoping someone will save his family from his grasp."See? He doesn't even deny it.You just don't know your own children.It was your fault and you can't deny it old man.",Sehun finds it quite satisfying when the room is silent as the dead."Now you knew the truth,quit saying that I was the bad one. I will be happier if you let me become your son in law. Once I'm happy, I will let you live happily in my new kingdom. You can do whatever you want with the property you once owned."

"You sick monster! How dare you belittle my power?!",The Emperor has already blown his top and he is ready to fight one to one with the King. "Do you think I am powerless because of your threat? You are definitely wrong! "

"My beloved husband,please...calm down. Let me handle this.",The Empress is trying to calm her husband down because he knows about his high blood pressure and his outrage will make it bad for his health. "Pardon me for being rude...but I'm as his mother has the right to involve in this agreement.Firstly,we want to apologize for being ignorant towards the relationship of our sons but Yixing is already a married man. Not to mention that he can't give you an offspring for the next heir. We are willing to let you marry with our youngest daughter if it will make you happy. We should reconcile this matter.",She tries to persuade Sehun with her resolution which is kinda humiliating for the young King of Oh.

"I don't want your daughter! Yixing is my happiness.Don't you get it?! ",Sehun yells furiously."Tsk,babbling so much won't change your mind...I will show you how serious I am.",He snaps his finger and a guard pulls Yining away from her parents who are watching with terror.She shrieks when her hair is grabbed hold by the guard. "I can do anything to anyone in this room! Don't even defy my will!"

"Stop it..please,don't hurt her!",The Empress pleads and the Emperor is stunning at the unbelievable sight. Yixing and Yifan are perturbed by the sudden action while Chen hides behind the pillar so that he won't interfere at the wrong time.

"L-let her go. I'll do anything for you! Please..",Yixing kneels down without another thought and the Emperor isn't content with his son decision and action.

"You can't Yixing! Don't even downgrade yourself in front of him! You have Yifan!"

"I'm sorry father..He wants me and I don't want my family to get hurt.",Yixing glances at Yifan with his tearful eyes. "I-I'm sorry..I have no choice.",When Yifan saw him,he closes his eyes while clenching both of his fists.Then he follows the act of his partner which gives a shock to the Zhang's royal family including Sehun.

"Yixing..do you remember what I told you when Tao brought you away?",Yixing suddenly remembers the time they were fleeing from the enemy,Yifan is saying something to him but unfortunately,he didn't get to hear anything because of the pouring. "I told you to spread your wings without me didn't I?".Yixing is stunning at the realization and he can't believe himself that Yifan had already thought of divorcement from the beginning. He is completely speechless. "Your majesty, I'm so thankful for your care towards our marriage but I don't think our relationship will last long.I'm not a good man and had been hurting your son a lot. He is a kind and a gentle young man. I don't deserve him and will be happier if he chooses to marry with whoever he wants..",It seems heavy for the Wu prince to say it but he knows that it is for the best..Sehun won't stop until he gets what he wants.

"What are you saying?",The Emperor isn't expecting to hear that kind of statement from Yifan.

"Please divorce us.",Yixing bits his lips to hear that three words but from looking at Yifan's expression,you can see that he is pretty serious with his request. Chen is getting aware of what's going to happen and he had no other choice other than carry out his big plan soon.

"B-but"

"Y-yifan..no",Yixing just can't agree with such one sided decision. Besides,it's just his assumption.

"Getting to know your son and has a temporary diplomatic marriage with the Zhang Kingdom is an honor for the entire Wu Kingdom. The agreement of the two kingdoms had been fulfilled and I want to end it.",Sehun is grinning at the whole conversation between Yifan and the Zhang Emperor. He just can't wait for the moment of the divorcement.

"M-mother..",Yining calls her mother out for help while holding the pain. She is still 15 years old,the same age as Tao and Yixing isn't bare to see his younger sister to be treated like that. He is trembling but he has no choice.Yifan has made his firm decision and its time for him to do something for the sake of his family. Yixing has thought that it could be the only solution to help his family,after all this isn't the first time for his life to be decided by fate.

"Your majesty,please..I have never ask you anything before but for this once,show me that you really care about us. I didn't say this for my own sake but for Yining's",Yixing pleads while bowing his head on the floor. Everyone knows the meaning of his action and for a brief second,Sehun's chest starts to feel heavy.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

"Darn it kid..can't you just shut up already!"

I was standing behind the door,watching how that boy pleaded in front of the guard. His pale face was wet with tears. His body was trembling as the guard kept pushing him away but how much he was shoved and kicked,he kept on bowing his head on the cold ground. He did that just for the sick friend of him. I was wondering the reason why..Why did he force himself too much...

I just don't understand..

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

"I'm sorry Yixing,I will make sure that you won't bowing like that again to anyone."

"Release her..",Yixing's shoulders are grabbed and his upper body is lifted once the force is act upon him. For a short moment,his eyes meet with the soft gaze of the owner of the firm hands. That person is the young king himself. "Why can't you just stop doing that!",The Zhang prince is bewildered at the presence of Sehun in front of him. His face looks hurt and upset."That's it..This goes beyond what I want.",The young king stands up from his kneeling and shoots a glare at the Emperor."I will never understand this act of submission. Don't you feel anything at all? This is your son we are talking about." 

"You--"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter