Learn

It takes two to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You are going to sleep in my room tonight.",Chanyeol shows his bedroom and the room is just enough to fit a single bed, a long drawer and a small window. "To make you feel less awkward, I'm just going to sleep in bacon's room. So for now, you can have this room by yourself. This room is smaller than the other one but we tried to make the bed as comfortable as we can, so you can sleep well."

"I really appreciate what you did but you don't have to do that much. I can just sleep outside on the couch or something.",It's true, he just can even sleep on the floor if he is told to. He doesn't want to trouble them much but others thought otherwise.

"Nah.You are our special guest, so it'll be rude to treat you indifferently...unless you have the intention to live here forever. Then, you can sleep anywhere you want.",Chanyeol is simpering at his own joke but for Yixing, the idea of living there forever is quite surprising and tempting. "Good night then."

"Good night.",The door is closed which makes him laying on the bed all alone. This is the normal life that he always wants to have, the life that no one cares about his status or what he wants to do but he knows that now is not the right time. That's why when he remembers his family and friends who are still in captivity; his desire just dies down even how good it may sound. He doesn't want to forget his purpose of hiding himself and trusting the Scarlet Ice. He has to get strong like Tao and others. "Maybe I can start tomorrow?", With that thought in mind, he manages to sleep peacefully that night.

 "Morning.",Yixing greets his tall housemate who is placing the bowls and spoons on the table. The scene reminds him of the time when Minseok prepares him breakfast. It gives him a soothing feeling of a nice acceptance in the new environment and friends. 

"Oh Lay, morning! Here, let's have breakfast. Minseok made it for us.", The prince is quite surprised to know that Minseok has the time to prepare breakfast for them. There are a large bowl of soup, a few pieces of toast and half boiled eggs. It's not as many as the dishes he had when he was living in the palace and yet the smell for today's breakfast makes him hungry. He sits on one of the chairs with Chanyeol who is grinning nonstop at him while pouring the water into their glasses. He wonders how early does he wake up to get the food from Minseok and still become this energetic. "So how is your sleep?", Honestly, its have been a long time since he gets a nice sleep especially when he is woken up by the ray of sunlight that hitting his skin so gently, which coming through the hole on the wall early in the morning. The scene is so breathtaking.

"It's a good one.."

"I'm glad...Let's dig in, shall we."

"How about Baekhyun?"

"He will wake soon.",With that reply,they start to eat without waiting for the shorter one. While they are eating, Chanyeol asks him a question to engage in conversation. "So Lay,What are you going to do after this?",That question makes him remember his goal from last night; To become stronger.

"I want to search for someone who knows how to fight."

"Oh, I see...but why?",He asked in confusion, wanting to know his real intention.

"I want to learn how to fight properly.",With the new fighting skills, he can provide a huge help to Minseok when they conduct the plan to save them. He just doesn't want to be other's burden."At least for defence..",Chanyeol doesn't know what makes other to have such motivation. Is it have to do during the fight with the pirates? or it has to do with the bruise and scar on his body? That person's past is still a mystery to him. He really wants to know but Minseok reminded him to keep his curiousity until the time comes.

"Do you need any of my help?"

"Can you teach me how to fight?",Chanyeol chuckles at the request because obviously, he knows nothing about fighting skills or martial arts. How can he teach others?

"You probably have more skills than I am but maybe you can ask--",

"Morning guys!"

"Bacon,..you are up already? I'm surprised.",Usually Baekhyun will wake up in another hour but today he didn't unless....

"I have to rise early because today is an important day."

"I know it..",Chanyeol can sense the trouble the shorter guy will start today but he can't do anything about it.

"Anyway, I heard you mentioned about wanting to learn how to fight, am I right?"

"Y-yeah. Do you know how?"

"Well, you have come to the right person."

"Eh, you do?",The taller guy can't believe what he just heard from his childhood friend.

"So you can teach me?"

"Of course and don't worry, I won't charge you anything."

"What?",Chanyeol still can't process what's going on. Since when did Baekhyun knows how to fight?

"Oh great. When can we start?",The prince doesn't seem to doubt anything.

"Now."

"Wait a minute..Bacon doesn--"

"Let's go Lay! You won't regret.",Baekhyun doesn't let the taller guy finishes up his sentences and drags the prince out of the house. He managed to grab a toast for his express breakfast. He is just too hyped up for today which leaving his tall housemate speechless and worried at the same time.

"Such a gullible guy, he is pretty serious about his request but Baek is probably making things worse. I should look out for them."

"Okay listen Lay.. this is important. Before you learn how to fight. You should at least have an enemy. If you don't, then there is no purpose of fighting, right?"

"I think so...?",The prince glances around his unfamiliar surrounding. There are trees and a small river nearby; pretty convincing to practice fight. He is a bit nervous because he can't believe how lucky he is to have someone familiar to teach him to become stronger.

"No, the proper respond is 'Yes Sir!'. Pay attention to what I teach because learning with me should has discipline and trust. Do you understand?",Yixing is startling at Baekhyun's strictness but for the sake of being stronger, he need to be a good disciple.

"Yes, Sir!"

"Good, now I want you to take one of your shoes and throw at the tree over there. Pretend that the tree is your enemy.",Baekhyun points his index finger at the big tree a few meters from them. Yixing is a bit hesitated and the shorter guy understands enough to remove his own shoe before other did. "You are still a noob, so I will demonstrate once.",He throws it really hard at the mentioned tree and the prince is astonished by the accuracy. "See!"

"Woah.."

"I'm good right? Now, your turn.",The prince takes a deep breath and removes one of his shoes. He must show his strong passion and capability to prove how serious he is. He throws the shoe at the same tree with all his strength and it hit exactly at the same spot.

"Like that?"

"Yes, you sure are a quick learner. I'm so proud.",Baekhyun is quite impressed at what he watched and pats the prince's back a few time to encourage him.

"Thanks...So what's next?"

"Next? We aren't going to the next step without testing this out.",The shorter guy displays a smirk on his face while collecting the laying shoes on the ground.

"Eh?"

"Kyungsooo! Hey Kyungsoooo!",Baekhyun barges in the bakery shop that belongs to his close friend. The owner of the bakery is startled by their sudden visit, not to mention the loud calling from others.

"Can you stop that. My customer will run off."

"I saw no one's coming.",Kyungsoo rolls his eyes when he got that kind of respond.

"Because you are here-",Before he can finish his sentences, the prince appears in confusion. "Oh Hye, good morning Lay."

"Oh, Good morning.."

"Thanks for visiting this small bakery of mine.",Kyungsoo pays attention to his new friend more than the person in front of him.

"You are being mean..I bring him here."

"Not if you enter my bakery normally.",This is the only reply he can give to his close friend who is glaring hard at him for getting ignored.

"It looks really nice.",Yixing responds to the nice view inside the bakery and the owner simpers at the compliment.

"Yes, because today is a big day for us seller. The duke is visiting and with his generosity, I can actually fulfil my dream."

"Dream?",The word that he has been forgetting all this time. He then recalls the moment when he told Zitao about his dream and how happy he is before the unexpected incident. He misses that kind of feeling, his love towards music.

"Hey! You guys are ignoring me. I'm your customer!",Baekhyun doesn't give up and tries to get the owner's attention.

"What do you want?"

"I want this.. make it two. Chanyeol will pay on our behalf.",He said while pointing at the small creamy cupcakes excitedly.

"For breakfast?"

"Nope, for special training."

"Training? What are you guys planning?",Kyungsoo asks curiously while packing the cupcakes into the box.

"If you want to know that much, you should join us!"

"I don't have time for that.",Baekhyun grabs the box from the counter with annoyance to hear other's response.He likes his close friend's attitude before he got the bakery more than he is now. He just doesn't understand what makes other to change so much.

"Okay then! It's your loss. Let's go Lay... someone just doesn't understand the principle of fun--fighting!",As he is walking out of the bakery, he almost blurts out his real intention but manages to cover up in time before his new housemate notices what he said.

"Lay, my only advice... whatever things you guys plan to do..don't listen what he told you to or you both will get in trouble.",Kyungsoo takes the chance to advice other when his close friend is not in sight. He is just worried about them especially the childish friend of his.

"Hmm ok?"

"Listen, it might sound weird but I did all of this because I really care about you. You already know what will happen today."

"You mean the duke?"

"Kinda...but the main point is not the duke but his bodyguard, whom we can consider as a great enemy. So, this is the plan. We are going to hide behind this wall and when they walk past us, I want you to throw this cupcake at him with all your strength just like the time you threw that shoe. Got it?"

"Are you sure it's okay?"

"Yes, it is a part of your ultimate training. I used to train myself through this method and it works. Trust me."

"If you say so..."

"Oh! I see them. They are heading here! Quick, get ready.",The shorter guy pushes his housemate behind the wall to hide themselves from his enemy sight. "That guy, you see him?",He points at the big sturdy guy near the duke and the prince gives a peek at the mentioned guy.

"The one with the short ponytail?"

"Yes, throw it when I say so..",Baekhyun gives one of the cupcakes and Yixing is getting a lot nervous than before but he tries not to disappoint other.

"Ok."

"Ready...",The shorter guy observes their steps and when they are getting near, he gives the green sign at the nervous guy beside him. "Now!", The prince throws the cupcake at the targetted guy and it lands exactly at his torso. The splattered cream messes up his clean clothes and it makes him really mad at the sudden incident.

"What the hell! ",The sound of the curse is unfamiliar which makes the planner's heart skips a beat. He checks them up to see what's going on and quite shocked at the sight.

"Oh ..not that one. The other one.",Yixing threw it at the wrong person and that person is actually the duke! Baekhyun is trembling at the thought of getting caught for making a mess with the ruler of the island.

"Eh, then what are we going to do now?",The prince just realizes his mistake and just like Kyungsoo said, they will get in trouble if they did it.

"Hey you there!",One of the bodyguards notices their presence and to save themselves, he tells his housemate to run.

"Run!", They run as fast as they can to avoid getting caught.

"Don't worry Sir Lu, we will beat the out of him when we got them.",The bodyguard assures the duke who is trying to remove the creamy leftover on his clothes with the handkerchief.

"Make sure you did.. How dare him..I will make sure he paid the cost for his troublemaker",The duke is really pissed off because random troublemaker just messed up his plan to visit his people. He can't show up with that kind of clothes or he will ruin his image and pride as the duke of the island. With the approval, the two bodyguards chase them before they manage to escape.

"He is still chasing!"

"Keep running!"

"Aren't we going to fight?",Yixing asks because it's weird to run away when his true purpose is to learn how to fight back.

"If only you want to die! It's impossible to win against them. They are giant!", The prince stops abruptly at the sight of the person who just appears in front of them.

"Baekhyun, watch out!"

"Eh? !",One of the bodyguards manages to grab the shorter guy's shoulder before he can run past him.

"Now I got you!",The prince glances behind him and notices that another one is catching up. Just a few seconds before both of them finally get caught but he still doesn't want to leave his new friend behind. "You again huh?! And you even bring out your new friend along? How pathetic, you actually miss this time."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter