Change

It takes two to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wakes up to find myself in a completely unfamiliar room,laying on the bed all alone. Where is everyone? As I am now walking by myself in a completely empty hallway. Then, I spot a little child who is crying not far from where I stand. 

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?",The child looks at me when he heard my voice and suddenly,he runs and embraces me around the waist while crying.

"Why don't you remember me?",I am startling to hear such word from a child who I have never met before and it left me full of questions. What did he meant by forgetting him while I have slightly no idea who is he. I can't answer his question but I feel that he is alone just like me. The only thing I can do is hugging him back and caressing his silver hair.

"I miss you,Xing Xing.",The familiar name that make my eyes widen in shock and then I realize that the mystery silver hair boy has disappeared from my arm and I'm hugging myself instead. It leave me more confused than before as I'm wondering how he knew my childhood name and said it like he knew me well. As I stand up and turn around with the same questions lingering in my head, there I spot a white mask man with completely the same hair colour like the boy. He is facing towards me with his right hand gripping on something. I quickly check around my neck and then I realize that the amulet is already gone from where it suppose to hang on. Then he stretches his right hand and shows me the amulet. My feet are getting numb when he starts to approach me with his cold glare and I can't even move an inch to run away. 

"Take it.", The amulet is just hanging a few inch in front of my face and I can see clearly the cold glare of his eyes. I'm shaking and try to lift my hand to take the amulet but then my wrist is grabbed hard by his other hand. He is gripping my wrist so hard without giving a slight sympathy and I can't even cry to hold the pain. When I start to blink,he is already standing behind my back with my hand forced to fold behind. His mask is touching my cheek and I can hear his breath clearly behind the mask. "Why did you forget about our promise!",He shouts and then I feel a sharp pain at my rib. I see the blood dripping from the new cut he made. While I was holding the both pain at my wrist and rib, his white mask falls to the floor and breaks into pieces. Then, I feel the coldness as a tear falls into my shoulder and I know exactly that he is crying but I am so much in pain to take a glance at him. "I'm sorry."

I don't know why but now, I start to cry to hear such word. Its too deep to understand. Before I can reply, my wirst is released and as I turn around, he is already gone just like the child. Then,I look at my gripped hand and the amulet is there with the same colour as my blood. I hear a loud crack beside me and when I glance at the cracked window, I see my reflection who is giving me a sympathetic stare.

"You need to wake up.",Then things get so blurred before I pass out for the second time.

Yixing wakes up from the weird dream and breathes heavily. He checks his gripped hand and the amulet is there just like before,he starts to questioning whether it really happen or just a dream because he hardly remembers what happen but he knows that he forgot some part of his life for some reason. He lifts up his half bare body and he feels sore at his rib. When he spots the bandage around his abdomen,he recalled the time in the ball room where he got a scratch from the arrow when he tried to save Yifan.

"Are you alright?",Yixing startles and quickly glances at the voice beside him. Yifan is there beside him with completely half . Yixing blushes at the sinful sight of Yifan and quickly looks away.

"Ermm,Yeah."

"Are you sure?",Yifan puts his palm on Yixing's shoulder and the latter feels the electricity runs through his vein. Yixing can't believe that Yifan will become this gentle and caring. He is just feel a bit awkward with the completely different atmosphere. Not to mention that he just almost killed himself by his heroic action.Before Yixing can speak,they heard a knock from the door.

"Yixing is awake,you can come in now Chen.",The door is opened and Chen appears with a slightly worried expression when he spots Yixing at the bed.

"Thank goodness,you have been bless my dear highness.",Chen approaches the bed while Yifan stands up from the bed and both of them are gazing over Yixing from where they stand.Then their expressions change. "You shouldn't do that your highness,its quite dangerous.We found a poison at the tip of the arrow and it can instantly kill anyone who touch it. Bless to God that the poison have been neutralize before it reach your vital point but the Emperor wasn't really happy with that kind of action." 

"And neither do us.",Yifan continue Chen's statement. Yixing don't even dare to look at their face because he knows clearly that they are angry at him.

"I know,I'm sorry.",Before any of them manage to say something,they hear a rumble of someone's stomach. Yixing is quite shock at the pretty loud rumble from his own stomach and he sheepishly smiles at them.

"Maybe you should get more rest. You have been passed out for almost a week. You must have been hungry right? I will be back.",Chen leaves the room and Yifan is now alone with Yixing which is really nerve wrecking for the latter.

"You see Yixing, you have been ruin my attire with that stupid careless attitude of yours. Don't you ever think that I will forgive you that easily?!",Yixing is shocked by the sudden angry voice of Yifan and its completely different from a while ago. Yifan lifts his hand and Yixing thought that he is going to get a hit or something for his stupidity but then a hand caress his cheek gently and again makes Yixing dumbfounded. Not to mention that Yifan starts to kneel in front of him which is more confusing because someone like Yifan won't kneel that easily. "Why did you ever do that? Don't you even care what will happen if you died? Or at least care what will I feel after that?",Yixing is speechless by the deep questions. Honestly, he don't know what he was thinking. The only thing that appeared in his mind is to save Yifan,is that a wrong thing to do? "You should at least love yourself." Then without a warning, Yifan kisses Yixing on the lips which left many mixed emotions between them.

(Yifan's pov and Flashback)

All these times, I had been living in an uncomplete life. Its not about the money,power or strenght that I had been losing. Its more than that but I seem couldn’t remember any of that. I have been looking at my reflection and I have no idea what I was trying to search for these times. My parents told me that I couldn't lose to anyone and that I had shown a lot of weakness since I was a child. They didn't bare to be insult with such generations and that was the reason why,I tried to change myself but still it couldn't complete some part of my missing life.

Honestly, I had no idea who is Yixing and how did I first met him but one thing for sure that he was seem to be my great enemy. I hated everything about him because he seem to have everything that I had been lacking and when I managed to surpass him and insult him for his flaws,I got pretty great enjoyment. Then when I found out that I was going to tie a knot with him, I was starting to get some pressure but in the same deep part of me seem to feel excited. Maybe that was the reason why I didn't try to oppose it even I had the chance to do so. Meeting Yixing again on his 18 was pretty great deal to me as I was hoping that he won't change much from the last time I met him. I couldn't remember his face clearly but looking at his same innocent expression, it was kinda good to dirt it with some embarrassing moment and that was what I had been doing for the whole week. 

 My biggest flaw was dancing and for whatever reason, I just couldnt beat Yixing in that part. He was too good and I really hated it when he showed that proud smile of him when he got compliments from her but the wedding was getting near which left me more pressured. That day,I decided to ask for Yixing help and when I saw he was busying himself with the wedding preparation, I collected all my guts to meet him myself.

"Me neither.",His statements angered me because when he said it with that kind of expression, I knew he didn't even try to cover up his real feeling. I wanted to scold him but with the people around, I kept the anger inside and left. It's pretty hurt for some reason and I had been practicing my dance with that feeling for the whole time until Yixing appeared and lent me a hand. I wasn't expecting him to come and had the willing to help me after what I had been saying to him. In my thought,he might have been proudly laughing inside to see my flaws but in contrary, I knew he sincerely try to help me overcome my weakness. For what I had been noticing these days, Yixing wasn't like he used to be. My insult was nothing than just a sour candy that he could use to spit it back to me but in the end,he just put the candy aside and smiles. Now,I realized that the reason why I hated so much about Yi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter