Talk

It takes two to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Only a week left before my nightmare comes true.Today is the day that we all will have a royal family dinner together. I’m not so excited like everyone are doing right now and I believe that some of them even act to make the dinner so lively. Clearly I can say that my brothers and sisters are just hoping for my happiness after the marriage because they understand me well than my dad is. Not to mention that Yifan is sitting next to me and he is such a good actor. People will think that I was the only one who is not so interested in arrange wedding thing and it kinda awkward when the Emperor starts to ask Yifan and of course me...a lot of ridiculous questions. I’m so glad that I was calm enough to answer that kind of questions without hurting anyone in the room and it left my other siblings dumbfounded because even them can’t survive with the strange questions given by the Emperor. The Emperor is so happy that he wants the marriage to be the grandest than all and I have no little interest to be given such appreciation.

So,you have just heard about my dad’s declaration and yeah,things get a bit strict than usual.Yifan and I can’t skip any lessons because of the upcoming wedding. We both have to take a lot of lessons such as dance,etiquette,speech and many more. For me,my most favourite lesson is dance and it's quite the opposite of Yifan.I just love to step hard on that expensive shoes of his when Yifan keeps on making mistakes on every step he made. The dance is the biggest part in the wedding because when we start dancing,all the guest will follow our dance and it will shows the harmonious and chemistry of our bond for all the steps that we make.It sound a bit sick doesn’t it?

“The lesson end here. Prince Yixing have done an excellence job. So beg my pardon Prince Yifan,I think I need to give your highness an extra lot of attention on the next lesson.”,Miss Yin left and I look at the tired face of Yi Fan.

“What are you smilling about?”

“Eh? Nothing.”,Did I just smile? Definitely...who don’t?  I just have something that can keep my little pride to keep on survive while living in his shadow.

“When the dance end. I will make sure that your ugly smile would never show up ever again.”,Then he left the room. Does he hate my smile that much?

“May I come in your highness?”,I recognize that voice,I have been missing him since he left the castle for the trade mission with other country.

“Jongdae! Sure,come in.”,His presence is so comfortable that I just hate to separate with him again.He is the only son of the servants who work here and he had been my playmate since kid. Now,he had just become more than just my playmate or the servants around here. He is such a great man. “I have been telling you a lot of time,stop addressing me so formally. ”

“I just want to make sure that no one else here except you.”,Jongdae enters and walks toward me with his casual suit. He really looks so elegant,better than Yifan in my opinion.

“Other than Yifan,no..I’m always alone.”,I can see his sad expression and I know it wasn’t entirely his fault.

“Yixing..I’m so sorry. If only I can-”

“Dont worry Jongdae..I will always know that you are there for me and I keep believe it.So,it’s okay.I’m used to be like this.”,I convince him with some giggle.

“But still..I don’t prefer this kind of life,you know what I mean right?”,I just nod.

“But you still have more freedom compared to me..Hm..Talking about freedom,how is your travelling? To see outside the world and feel the freedom to visit many places and meet a lot of people?”

“Hm..My opinion is just limited to my view. Its better for you to see and experience them yourself but I think you will love it for sure. I will bring you out someday then. Maybe for your wedding gift. We will try to sneak out from the palace like the old time if you wanna to”

“Really? It’s sound like an amazing gift ever! Will you really do it for me? Promise?”,I just feel like jumping up and down to hear such idea but I try to limited that excited feeling and act a bit like a grown-up prince.

“Of course. Promise till my death.”,We do a pinky swear and it’s just recalled my childhood moment. We used to do a lot of pinky swear when we’re kid.

“You still have a lot of promise to keep.”

“Yeah I know. I never forget even inch of it..So,how is your upcoming wedding.I heard that this will be the grandest than all of your sibling’s wedding.”

“Yes,it is..it’s just better if they used the money for the poor instead of my wedding.”

“You’re just too nice. Dont worry,I will try my best to help the poor around. They are my family after all.”

“Correction..our family.”

“Of course..So,hmm..I have met with your future husband and I beg for my rudeness that I can see that he is a bit..”

“Prideful? Smug? Not a bit...just A LOT”,Finally,I can let out all my anger for someone to hear.

“Erm,close enough I guess..I just want to say that he is a bit ignorant when I asked about you but I think you’ve more to say about him dont you?  Do you mind to share?”

“The truth is,I’m so confused. I have been sticking with him for almost like 24 hours and sometimes he pretend to be so gentle and most of the time,he act so prideful. I have lost my count on how much he called me ugly,unattractive and insult more about my look or my behaviour. The weirdest things is..he never shown his pride to anyone but only towards me and I can’t stand it when he said it out louad in front of the crowd or my family. It seem that he hates me or something.”

“Sorry to hear that." 

"I wish that I can marry with whoever I love. It will be wonderful to have someone that appreciate my effort and accept my weakness rather than someone who just know to act good in front people and never try to see others.”,I sighs and believes me,Jongdae is the only person who had been watching me sigh for the past few years.

“Are you free right now?”

“Certainly yes. Why did you ask?”

“Do you mind to have a dance with me? To repay my deep guilt for not coming to your 18th birthday ceremony”,Jongd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter