Cry - 5

IT'S OK TO CRY (On Hiatus Until November)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Jiyong

 

One crash.

 

Two crashes.

 

Three crashes.

 

I wonder how long it would take for the sea waves to finally break that rock and crash that into pieces as they bury the remaining in the deepest part of the sea. No matter how strong or hard the rock would be, I know for sure that it would certainly happen in the end. Just like the previous ones which might have existed in this place in the past.

 

At the corner of my eyes, I saw Chase tosses away his unfinished cigarette into the bonfire and puts his hands into the pockets of his Armani coat before casting a side glance at my way. Then he grins easily at me when he notices my attention.

 

"I would say South Korea is beginning to feel like the last place I was in" He speaks in his mother language, Italian, which I can also speak fluently, unfortunately.

 

"Where would that be? Antarctica?" I reply sarcastically and he chuckles in that deep voice of his.

 

Paolo Anchisi. Most of the people from normal world might be fooled by his beautiful looks and easy going personality with a very intelligent brain. Women normally go crazy over his dropping voice and the way he looks at anyone walking with between their legs. But people from our world know better than to be tricked with his outside appearance. And the fact that he's the sore heir of his father's Italian organized crime group doesn't go unnoticed either.

 

He's a walking death to whomever that stupid enough to cross with him. And unlike the rest of us, he doesn't like to kill on the spot. Like a hunter, he likes to chase his prey. So that explains how everyone from our world calls him 'Chase' instead of his real name. He would let his victims run until they can't do that anymore and only then, he would take their life. And that makes him scarier than most of the big crime bosses.

 

In other simple words, he's dangerous and unfortunate for me, he also happens to be my one and only best friend.

 

"I was going to say Russia" He shrugs casually. But I know better. Nothing is casual in our world.

 

"Anything I need to know?"

 

He shrugs again and, "The wind is too strong and it's going to the direction I don't really like"

 

. "The Bratva" I breathe. It's a remark instead of a question. I don't want to get down to the war in this kind of time and to be honest; we don't really have any strong histories for us to lead there. Then why?

 

"They are not going to come straight, G. But father wanted you to be fully informed" Chase said and his eyes divert to the unsettled sea surface. And for the first time since that guy stepped down on this land, I notice conflict in his feature. I frown and squint my eyes closely at him. He has this distant look in his eyes as he stares straight into the darkness.

 

"Everything alright?" I ask, ready to help him out of any problems he might have.

 

He tilts his head to my direction once again and stares at me for a while with unreadable eyes and my frown goes deeper as I return his stare. Something is not right. Then he sighs and shakes his head slowly. "In the world we live and breathe, G, it's a death wish to have distractions and weaknesses, isn't it?" That’s the big ing fact everyone knows.

 

I continue to stare at him and even though I remain my poker face, I'm still inwardly shocked to see when a piece of pain flashes on his face before he covers it with his usual grin. "Seeing you again is turning me into a " He teases but I'm not buying it. Something is wrong.

 

"Is this about a girl?" My voice is clearly and calm and when that pain flashes on his face again, I know I'm right. , what's he thinking? In our world, ing and leaving is the only solution when it comes to the opposite . We can't stay. And we never will. That's the only reason why every ing crime boss can toss away their wife or any female from their life in any kind of situations. Because we don't hover feelings for them.

 

And that's the reason why my father did what he did.

 

I stop my thought abruptly. I'm not going there. Not now. Not ever.

 

"It doesn't matter anymore" Chase's firm voice brings me back and I inhale the salty air of the sea deeply. But even with the control I have on me, my hand crawls up to my chest and I feel the thing that is covered by my dress shirt. The necklace that used to belong to her.

 

"It's still hurting, isn't it, G?" I drop my hand immediately at the question of Chase and turn to walk back to my car. I'm not going to answer that and he knows damn well even though he voiced out loud. That's the place we are not going back.

 

"Where are you staying?" I call out without turning to see if he's following or not. He doesn't answer and I don't care. I'm finished talking for today.

 

As soon as I get to my car, Top opens the back door swiftly for me to get in and closes behind me. I welcome the warmth inside the car and breathe out a heavy sigh. I don't have weakness. I remind myself. I got rid of that on the night I end my father's life with my own hands. Time is not stopping and I remind myself again to move on with that goddamn flow. I can't stand stupidly for a second and look back unless I want a bullet in my head. I just can't.

 

The other side of the back door opens and a person scoops in. And without having to look at to confirm, I know it's Chase. And without having to ask him, I know this is his answer.

 

, he's staying with me.  

 

⇔ ⇔ ⇔ ⇔ ⇔ ⇔

 

Blood. Too much blood.

 

This is not real. I know. But even if I know that for sure, when she jerks violently and moans in pain, it still breaks my heart.

 

"Oppa..." Her borken sobs are killing me and I hold her closer to me. Too much of her blood soaking me wet. This is not real. I remind myself again.

 

"Oppa!" She screams this time, determined to make me look at her and I do. ! Too much ing blood! I'm losing her all over again. "Help me..." She croaks and a bloody tear rolls down on her cheek. "Help..me..." She says that again but this time, her voice's weaker. It's coming. I warn myself. The worst part is coming and I know it ing we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter