WonderChim Bookstore

Tying a Knot

- YOUR POV -

Time sure flies so fast, and Jin is back to work again. He was busy in the hospital. Meanwhile I’m busy stocking all the books in my bookstore. It’s named as WonderChim Bookstore, since I made a deal to work on it together with Jimin. Yes, even though I’m married to his cousin, we still keep in contact but not that frequently hangout with each other like we used to. Besides, Jimin is busy helping out his family’s café at Busan. I hope he’ll get through it and to be honest, I, as his best friend, really hope he would eventually find the perfect girl for himself.

 

‘(Y/N) unnie, where can I put this book?’ Yeri, one of my co-worker staff here called me from inside while I was busy putting out a chalkboard advertisement at the front door. I quickly enter the store, and saw the petite Yeri holding an enormous amount of books on her hands. I almost didn’t notice her because of her petite body.

 

‘Ya, Yeri. I told you to not take such big amount of books when it comes to restocking the books, right? I might lose you if that things fall apart on you?’ I mumbled as I made my way towards Yeri, taking half of the books from her hand. We both sat down on the wooden floor to arrange the books according to its types of genre. Thanks to my pocket money during high school and university, with the help of my parents, Jimin’s and my beloved husband’s to invest their money on this, I finally get to open my own dream bookstore. It’s not that big or small and it was located not too far from my house. The wooden floor is matched up with the walls color of warm and soft lavender. There’s a small café being opened up too, just in case our customer need to quench their thirst and fulfill their hunger to eat something simple and cheaper than any other hipster café along the roads. I just want people to read, buy and read the books they want to help them gain more knowledge.

 

‘Put the latest fiction books at the left side of the non-fiction books shelves, arasso?’ Yeri nodded her head and carefully tightening her grips on the books. I placed the remaining books I have on the front shelves beside the main entrance. Suddenly, the bells ring from the door indicating we got customer.

 

‘Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to WonderChim Bookstore, make yourself comfortable.’ I quickly bring myself up from the bookshelves as I heard the clack sound of high heels slammers the wooden floor walking to my direction. I almost slipped the books from my hand when I make an eye contact with the person standing in front of me. She wears an elegant soft pink pastel knee dress with a white cardigan on her body. Her hair was tied up into a bun, slightly with a little make up and lipsticks on her perfectly symmetrical face that was inherited to her son.

 

‘Eomma. I’m sorry I didn’t expect you to come here.’ I was in fuss a few moments as I was trying to search a perfect spot for Jin’s mom to have a sit. Instead of letting me search a place for her, she instantly grabbed my hand and patted my shoulder with a motherly smile on her face.

 

‘It’s okay, (Y/N). I come here just to see how’s my son’s wife running her business. I really want to come here after all since Jin keep bragging about it whenever he talk to me on the phone.’ I was blushing when she said those.

 

‘I will prepare some drinks for you, eomma. Make yourself comfortable here. You can go search for some books that may interest you.’ I bowed down before disappear to get to the small kitchen in the bookstore. I made a hot chocolate drink for her, using Jin’s favorite cup to serve her. I peek a little while to see my mother-in-law, she was so into the books that I could almost saw her frowning forehead while reading the synopsis of random book she took out from the shelves. Bringing out the drink by placing it on a tray, I put it down carefully on one of the mini table that was arranged in front of the counter. Jin’s mom saw me, and she made her way back to me before taking a sit in front across my chair.

 

‘It was so good to see you, mother. I’m really sorry for not frequently visiting you. Me and Jin are pretty busy with our jobs.’ I apologized unstoppably, feeling guilty towards my mother-in-law. Sipping on the hot chocolate drink that I serve, she put the cup gently back on the table before resting her body leaning against the chair with her arms crossing on her body. She brought up her eyes to see me, causing me to be in a great sweats and nervous.

 

‘(Y/N). Ohmo, kid. Calm down. I was just stopping by, hahaha.’ Her laugh push me to set off the sound of relief.  ‘I understand. My youth generations has long past far from today’s kids generations. We were living in different situation after all. During my days, it was slightly easy to get a spot in jobs. But now, you have to compete with each other, and sometimes our government has to filter the real potential of human labor. Consider yourself lucky, (Y/N), for you can open up your own business. You’ll just need a little faith and patient, okay?’

 

Her words leave me speechless, not expecting she would be this open to discuss such matters with me. We were chit chatting few simple topics, about how our life has been through this lately, my parent’s conditions right now not until this one topic that I sometimes wish she wouldn’t even make an appearance in front of me.

 

‘How about our family’s junior? Do you guys are making a process of it?’ I might die of getting choked by the hot chocolate that I sipped. I cough so hard with her patting my back. ‘Ohmo, kid. Dear, I’m really sorry if it bothers you.’

 

‘I’m okay, eomma. I’m just a little bit shock for your question.’

 

‘Am I being too direct?’ she asked with a serious tone while she pulls up her right eyebrow. I slowly nodded. ‘It has been like, half of the year, (Y/N) and I’m worried if I don’t have a grandchild of my own, or sooner I will regret for matching you with my son.’

 

‘Excuse me, eomma? What do you mean by regret?’ She sighed before stand up from her sit and turned my chair the other way round so that it’ll be easy for her to face me.

 

‘I thought I can get the grandchild of my own as soon as I can. I really hope you could make it as soon as possible. Plus, don’t you feel bad to see your husband hoping a child of your own, too?’ eomma please your son just ed me more than two times for the last two days and it’s not like I could make baby instantly.

 

‘Ermpphh…eomma. I don’t mean to be rude but maybe the time hasn’t come yet. But, you don’t have to worry. I will tell you when it happens. You also know the feeling of how long it takes for you to give birth on Seokjin, am I right?’ gulping my saliva, afraid of what she might reply me.

 

‘Fine, (Y/N). I will wait.’ There’s a quite upset tone behind her words, but she quickly shoved it away with a smile and having the last sipped of hot chocolate.  Grabbing her purse on the side of the cup, she hugged me tightly while my hair. ‘Send my regards to Seokjin once you get home, okay?’ she said before leaving. I nod and wave her at the front porch of the bookstore. I am having mixed feelings of either I should take seriously of what she’s saying or not because I felt uneasy about this one. I hope she understands that having a baby is not an easy task. At the mean time, I prayed and hope so hard to make it real because I want to make our family happy, especially Jin. He deserves all the love in this world. The perks of having an expressionless wife like me, I have to put all my effort on this matters.

 

The thing is, will I make it?

 

- JIN’S MOM POV -

Pick up the phone, quickly. Aigoo where is this kid at this time round?

 

‘Yeobseyo?’

 

‘We got some small matters to discuss. Are you free right now?’

 

‘I’m all yours, ma’am. What can I help you?’