Surprises

Tying a Knot

I just get back home from working at the bookstore when my parents informed me that I’m going to marry someone.

 

And it is someone I didn’t love and never knew in my entire life. Pretty much it is an arranged marriage.

 

“You going to marry, (Y/N). We have discussed it with the boy’s parents.”

 

“His mother is my closed friend, so we know well each other. We going to held the meeting with both family tomorrow night.”

 

“Mom, keep calm. I just got back home and you bombing me all of a sudden with this kind of news.”

 

I stood there while my arms crossing. Mom stand up from her seat and walk smoothly towards me. She stares deep into my eyes, making me uncomfortable.

 

“No matter what happens, you keep aging and there’s no time to waste for it. Me and your father has discussed about this for such a long time, and it’s time for it to come true.”

 

That night I couldn’t sleep properly. I text my best friend but he didn’t reply to any of it making me feel frustrated. What’s the use of friend if they are not there for you when you needed them the most?

 

The next morning I wake up with a headache, leaving no choice but to call my boss that I couldn’t come for work today. Surprisingly, he also said that my friend didn’t come too. That’s kind of  weird because he never left a day off without any purpose. I decided to call him then.

 

“Hey. Where are you?”

 

“Kyeahhh (Y/N)I almost want to call you too. How you doing there?”

 

“Terrible headache. I texted you last night but you didn’t reply to any of it.”

 

“Oops, mianhee (Y/N)-ssi. I totally forgot! Plus, last night I got some family emergency call so I get busy with it.”

 

“Why so suddenly a family emergency call? Is your parents doing okay there?”

 

“Hahaha. No need to worry (Y/N) they’re doing fine. It’s actually my cousin who call me up, asking for my advise lol you know I play a pretty good role to be everyone crying shoulder, right?”

 

“Thank god I got you as my friend, pabo. Hahaha just kidding. What happen to your cousin actually?”

 

The next day...

Mom make me wear this pink petal dress. I wear a baggy shirt and jeans legging just now but she gone mad and forced me to wear this girly concept. Dad only laughed at me because he knew how my style is. Well, actually my attitude is not so lady-like, I’m like daddy’s little rock girl.

 

We arrived at a dessert café. Mom leads the way while dad is behind me. This place is so cold, I feel regret not bring along my favorite huge sized sweater. Thank god this dress is long sleeved and knees level short. Simple dress.

 

The boy look so…he really got a broad shoulder. He keeps smiling whenever my parents ask him a question and answer each of it smoothly without any error. Looks like he really prepare everything done for this, while I’m the one who keep loading for being so slow to understand what is the real topic for tonight.

 

The bingsu is here! I can’t help myself but quickly take a spoon and dip it into the dessert to take a sip of it. Out of concern, my mom slap my hand. Dad laughed as usual, but I could see serious eyes of him. Ooopps (Y/N) you gone too far for being rude.

 

“You should wait for the eldest to eat it.”, mom said. I dozed off my eyes up to the ceiling, when will this boring family meeting going to end.

 

I stay still on my chair, I could feel my cheeks turned into tomato when suddenly a spoon load with bingsu is brought up to my mouth. I look up, and see the boy eyes staring deeply into mine. He make a double jerk eyebrow, eyes focusing on the spoon. Signaling to me to eat the bingsu.

 

“We going to leave you guys here, okay? There’s some serious matter that we need to discuss.”

 

Once they leave, “You’re not saying you agree with this marriage arrangement, right?”

 

He smiled. “Hai, my name is Jin.”

 

Bruh do I look like I care. “I’m Lee (Y/N).”

 

“I have to if I want to be an obedient son for my parents.”

 

“We barely know each other and now we’re going to marry in like…”

 

“A week left.”

 

“THE HELL A WEEK LEFT BEFORE I END UP MY YOUTH LIFE?!”

 

He put his finger on my mouth, shutting me down when people starts to focus on me. This dude is seriously wanted to be smack down by me later on.

How can someone who’s very calm and patient get to marry with a person who is clumsy and stubborn? Both of us are like heaven and earth.