under the star

Tying a Knot

“Where are we?” I asked as Jimin parked the car at the side of the road. There’s few cars passing by and it looks like we’re at some hill as the cold night air shivers me. I was sleeping during the journey and Jimin open up the door for me before wrapping me with a blanket. “Where the hell did you get this blanket? I don’t remember we leaving with stuffs besides your sliding bag.”

 

“I went to one of the convenient shops at the town. Just in case you cold and hungry, I bought few snacks here.” he said as he showed a plastic bag full with foods and drinks. I immediately saw two bottle of alcohol, and shook my head seeing him smiling like an idiot right now.

 

“Don’t even think about it, Jimin. You know how a sober I am when I drink.” I pushed him, trying to get back into the car and snuggle back into sleep.

 

“Ohhh…come on, Y/N. It has been a while since we drink together. Just this once, please. Pretty please I’ve missed my best friend so much. You don’t have to worry, it’s not a strong alcohol after all.”

 

I turned to see him, and rolled my eyes after throwing out the blanket from me. “Fine. Only this time!” I went out from the car to see happy Jimin dancing like an idiot in front of me. I slapped my face and cover it until Jimin settles down on a mat. “So much of our youth day, huh.”

 

“Pretty much you hate it when you missed seeing the stars right now. Look.” I don’t want to hear a further mumbles and rants from him so I quickly take a sit beside him and we talk the whole night about random things. From throwing back to our teenage year up until now of how our life have become so far.

 

“Jimin, you bought some other drinks too right? Like mineral water or something.” I can feel my head spinning around and my throat is burning tasting the alcohol, though it’s not the strong one like what Jimin said. He takes out two bottles of mineral water, and a tin of Coke from the plastic bag.

 

“Don’t worry, Y/N. I’ve prepared everything before you even knew it”, he then took a sip of the drink and lay down on the mat. “Tell me, Y/N. What do you hate the most of Jin hyung?”

 

“Why are you so randomly asking me about him?”

 

“I just need to know of how far my friend know about my cousin. Is there anything wrong?”

 

You’re the one malfunction right now, Jimin. “hmmm… let me guess. When he asked me to eat more with him while recording and then forcing me to work out after that?”

 

“Hahahaha. He seriously still did that?”

 

“Why? He love doing it even before we get married?”

 

“It’s like a hobby for him. He wished to do a food advertisement once in his life dream, imagining himself as the host. Thank god he’s a hardworking guy. Just look at his body.”

 

“Hey you’re not fantasizing my husband doing a push up in front of us right now, do you?”

 

“Tell me more about what you like in Jin hyung.” Jimin quickly lay down on his chest while supporting his head with his hand and staring at me with adoration. “I’m jealous of you guys.”

 

“You really are drunk, Jimin.” He smiles sheepishly and took one shot of alcohol. Changing his position by coming close to me, he lay down his head on my lap and stares at the stars.

 

“Jin hyung is so damn lucky to have you as his wife.” He broke the silence while my eyes are too focus on the great view in front of me. The city is so beautiful with all those yellow lights from up here that look like a stars. “I really hope I get to find my one true love.”

 

I look down, staring deeply into his eyes trying to find the sincerity of his words. As far as I knew, Jimin never share his real true feelings when he falls in love with someone. Even though we have each other, he likes to keep it to himself because he didn’t want to worry me.

 

“You will, Jimin. Love will come unexpectedly to you when you don’t pressure yourself with it. It will come naturally and when it happens, don’t let go of it. People tend to missed the opportunity of loving someone because they missed the littlest part of what they have in front of their eyes.”

 

Both of us locked our eyes together. We were lost in our thoughts and memories. I try to dig back any part of our friendship story from before, just in case I missed the part where he actually loves someone. Slowly, Jimin reach out his right hand and play with my bangs.

 

“Don’t torture yourself, Jimin. You deserve to be love and to love someone. I bet the girl you will fall for shall be the most lucky person to have my sweetheart best friend named Park Jimin as their soul mate. Travel the world and meet people. Who knows you will meet the one.”

 

Jimin hesitate for a while. “I will hold on to your words. I will wait patiently and work harder at the same time for the love that awaits me.” I then drank another shot of alcohol before he stopped me. “Only with one condition.”

 

“What is it then?”

 

“Go back to Jin hyung.”