Old Times

Tying a Knot

I'm half-introvert and half-extrovert kind of girl. I do like meeting with new people, going to new places but most of the times when it comes to meeting new people, I was super shy causing the atmosphere to be awkward. I forgot at what age when Jimin came into my life, all I remember is he's the one who brings out the best of me. Breaking the shells that I've grown accustomed with and to just simply smile with people around you. Though it may sounds crazy, because people will think you lose your mind. But, with that simple smile, who knows you have made someone’s day with something positive.

 

Jimin and I love roaming around places where less people knew it actually exist. Here we are, trying to get back the feeling of longing to our youth day during high school. A small abandoned building which happens to be once a cinema before it was tear down by fire. It is located far from the main city, next to a forest that is preserved well by the public authorities. It’s a precious thing for someone who loves old memorable places and the nature. As we set our foot on the building, with only a few rooftop covering our head, I turned my head around to observe if any changes is happening here. There’s two big wall separated by a single pillar that make a way of small corridor behind it. Ten steps passing by the pillar there’s an old half-broken door by the right that leads to a staircase to the upstairs. The place isn’t too big or too small, maybe because the size number of people before 21st century is not that big compared to now. The buildings are made of cement concrete, left with greyish-white marble color after the fire.

 

“Y/N, look. Our drawing is still there!” Jimin excitedly said to me by pointing out his finger to the right side of the big wall. The picture of a boy danced, with a girl sat on the grass while leaned her body on the big tree behind her. Two butterflies flying around the girl, and another two birds watched over the boy from the tree branch. The nature is colorful, leaving out only the two humans in a black-greyish color form. “Did we forget to color that one?”

 

Both of us were walking towards the wall. “You’re the one who asked me what to do with that one.” Putting aside the bag filled with spray can of graffiti and some acrylic watercolor with brushes, I touched the drawing of the wall. Jimin came near to me, positioning himself in front of the drawing of the young boy who held up his right hand and left hand on his stomach. “Do you still want to keep on going with your dream, Jimin? You always danced in front of me before. Where has it gone, huh?” I wrapped my left hand on his shoulder, bringing him closer to me so that we’ll be in the same height.

 

“Hmphhh…you see. I’ve gained weight ever since we’re done with high schools, and pretty busy helping out my family’s business. You want to see my chubby tummy?” he shoved off my left hand away from him and grab it to put on his tummy.

 

“Yah, Park Jimin! No!” I screamed out loud while struggling to let go of my hand from him. Jimin was laughing so hard before I felt the soft chubby texture of his tummy even when it’s covered with his plain black t-shirt. Out of the blue, I got an idea and without hesitation I pinched his tummy so hard. Or more precisely one of his almost-look-a-like firmed abs. I guess it’s melted already.

 

“Yah, Y/N! Out of all the revenge you plotted on me please not that precious things of mine! It took me some time to build it, and you easily pinched it so hard? As if your pinch is not that painful…” he pushed my hand away and patted his tummy before making his way to leave me. Sigh…not this side of him.

 

“Park Jimin. Hei, Jimin.” I followed him from behind, leaving the bag alone on the ground. “Jimin, I’m sorry. I didn’t meant to do that. Besides, it was your idea on the first place. Why the hell you want me to touched your tummy?” I said while rubbing the back of my neck. “Jimin? Jimin, where are you?” he suddenly went missing and I’m trying to calm down myself before I felt two hands wrapped on my waist from behind. Startled, I kicked the mysterious person from behind before I found myself being held up high from the ground. “Help! Help! Help! Jimin!”

 

“Hahaha…Y/N calm down, it’s me.” I take a peek from below to see Jimin hugging me so tight, not wanting to let me fall down on the ground instantly. Furious as I am now, I knocked Jimin’s head and keep squirming hardly to annoy him. “If you going to annoy me with that attitude of yours, I won’t buy it. Unless you stay still now.” he shot me back, making me annoy even more but just followed what he said. Jimin is the guy who kept his words, so you don’t want to mess up when his tone suddenly change into something ‘matured’. “There you go. I never thought you also know how to follow orders.” He put me down gently and walked in front of me before turning my face to see him.

 

I emitted a low growl and inhale the oxygen as many as I want, realizing back the real purpose we got here. I don’t want to ruin this time. “I’m just going to let go of this matter. You win.” Without expecting of anything, there you go witnessing Jimin jumping up and down celebrating his mini victory because I surrender with him this time. That’s odd.

 

“Come. Let’s waste no more time. We need to settle down everything before sunsets.” Jimin make his way back to the front, picking up the bag and went to the left side of the big wall. I was interpreting some sort of philosophy thoughts in my head, as Jimin peeked out his head to see me. “Are you in or not?’ I shook my head to eliminate the bugs in my head, and quickly make my way to him with slight an imagination of what are we going to draw.

 

 

An hour and thirty minutes later…

 

Finishing the final part of our drawing by coloring the hot air balloon. My face was smeared with colors, thanks to Jimin who never stop disturbing me while we work on the painting. A picture of two friends on the floating hot air balloon while the girl is pointing out her hands towards the sky. I smiles, finally get the chance to express my inner arts. Putting down the brush on a glass half filled with water, I sat down while stretching out my muscles. Suddenly, my surrounding is empty, only to realize Jimin was nowhere round to be seen.

 

“Jimin? Jimin!” I shouted his name and drag my now tired body to search for him. Only me in this floor left. “Oh wait. Maybe he’s upstairs.” I almost forgot this building got another floor. Determined to find my best friend despite the sun almost setting down…oh wait crap! It’s almost night time!

 

“Y/N? Y/N. You might want to come upstairs.” I heard Jimin’s voice coming from upstairs and I quickly fasten my pace to get to the staircase. I could see Jimin popping out his head from the side of the upper stairs, watching over me with a double jerk look. “You look like you has just encountered a ghost. Are the painting is done yet?”

 

“Are you too lazy to help me out down here or you just being a selfish brat as always?” I stomped harder on each step that I’ve taken while climbing up the stairs. He giggles and cross arming his hand on his body the moment I arrived in front of him. “Thank god you got a cute eye-smile. Otherwise, I don’t even think I’ll be your friend for as long as this.”

 

“Quit chit-chatting, Y/N. You will get a wrinkle at such an early age before you can even celebrate your 2 year wedding anniversary with Jin hyung.” Without waiting for my response, he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. He leads me inside one of the empty room, and the walls are almost broken and it’s an open field place. We could see the sky clearly turning into the color of golden sunset, and I found myself sitting beside Jimin on the dusty cement floor. As I turned my eyes to see what’s in front of me, I was mesmerized and widen my eyes to see how beautiful is the nature right now. The only sound we have at this moment are the song of the trees gliding their branches into each other, the winds slowly and peacefully enchanting the sounds of the waving air and the sound of our heart beating.

 

“I’m sorry for what I’ve said just now. I shouldn’t mention it.” Jimin breaking the ice and I tilted my head a little to see him. I was spooning my head with my hand before I reached out and patted Jimin’s back. “Feeling okay right now?” I left out a little sigh and smiled at him. I nod.

“Thanks, Jimin. I don’t know what I’m going to do if you’re not here.” I said as I rest down my head on his shoulder, and Jimin didn’t bother it at all. “I…I’m confuse. I don’t know who to believe now.”

 

“But, you can trust me right, Y/N? You know I won’t let you down.”

 

“That’s the problem too, Jimin. How am I supposed to believe that you come here not because of Jin? He knows you’re my best friend beside you being his cousin.” There’s an empty pause from him, before he hold my hand tightly.

 

“I come here because I wanted to find you. I know you well, Y/N. You can’t even stand parting away from your parents back then.” He pinched my arms, causing me to automatically punched him on his abs. “What are you worrying about actually?”

 

Sigh. “My mother-in-law wants a baby from us. She was expecting a grandchild of her as soon as our marriage has become six months old. She knows her son is busy with his work, and we did try our best at home. Can she even understand a little bit of our condition? There’s no need to rush into everything.”

 

“What do you mean, ‘at home’?” there’s a sound of devilish coming out from Jimin, and I pushed him a little while continuing kicking his . “Hahaha…okay, okay, enough. Come on Y/N, we’re not 12 again. Good things always happen when we face it with patient. Maybe auntie was too happy that her son finally got married. I bet she will understand it, sooner or later.”

 

“I hope so, Jimin. You know your aunt, right.” I look down on the floor, playing with the dust though I know it’s dirty. “Do you think…I should get back home now? I’m worried about Jin.”

 

“Hmpphhh….If that’s what you want, I can’t stop you from doing it.” he collect the dust and smeared it right into my fist. “But first, let’s do one more our so-called-youth activity together, shall we?” 

 

Without thinking further, I nod.