Happens

Tying a Knot

- At the hospital -

 

Thank god two nurses (guys) helped me with the books when I arrived at the hospital. “May I know where is Dr. Kim Seokjin?” while unloading the books from the car, one of the guy with round oval eyes and black haired with a deep dimpled from both side of his cheeks look at me. “Doctor Jin must be busy taking care of the patients up there. Do you want to meet him?”

 

I was scrolling through my phone checking just in case anyone contacted me. This needs to be perfect for me, so I quickly shook my head and smiled at him. “Ohh…aniyo. Don’t tell him that I searched for him,…” I take a peek at the nametag pinned on the green soft outfit of his left chest. He seems to acknowledge my action, and so he spoke out his name to me, “Seungcheol. And this is Junhui.” They nod their head, pushing the trolley filled with books while I followed them from behind. Reaching the lift, Seungcheol pressed the third floor button. We were quite a few moments before Junhui breaking the ice.

 

“You must be the girl that our manager said will be coming to distribute this books to our patients, right?” he make an eye contact with me, making me blush. It feels so awkward when you’re a status of someone’s wife, yet people calls you as ‘girl’ instead of ‘Mrs.’ “Oh yes, it’s me. Thanks to your manager, I hope the patients especially the kids will enjoy reading my books.”

 

“It must be so meaningful for them if you read it out loud. Kids love it when people tell them stories, because they said they don’t want to get a headache reading all those long words.” I was suddenly taken aback to that one time where Jin tell me a story of his school trips memory, being a 4 eyed students with a chubby cheeks. He showed me his photo of it, and I couldn’t stop laughing before he crushed me on the bed forcing me to sleep in his embrace with him singing me a lullaby. LOL (Y/N), wake up you got work to do!

“Hey, Jun, have you seen Angela? Doctor Junmyeon insisted her to come to his office but she’s no where to be found.” Seungcheol drags me back to reality and Junhui turns his head to see him who’s making a blank face with him making a phone call to someone. Maybe it’s the girl named Angela he contacted. Not interested, I arrange the books properly.

 

“How about you go check her at Dr. Seokjin’s office? This past few days she suddenly loves hanging out there.” For a moment my heart stops beating and I couldn’t breathe properly before I slowly gazed at both of them. This must be their workplace jokes, well love teasing their co-workers here. But, hearing Jin’s name makes me burning from the inside, and my neck starts to turn into an icy cold surface.

 

“Didn’t that lass know that he’s married already?” the lift’s door opened after Seungcheol replied Junhui. He immediately pushed the trolley, exited the lift while leaving me still numb standing frozenly on my two feet. Y/N, make sense please it’s all just a joke. Them teasing their co-worker and you must not ruin your plan to surprise Jin. Plus, you got people to entertain with your books.

 

We were heading to the kids ward, I was greeted with a smiling faces the moment I stepped inside the room filled with 10 warded kids from different family background. Wasting no more time, Junhui and Seungcheol helped me distribute the selected children books to them. There this one kid, named Shinbi, never put her eyes off from me. After all the kids received their books, Seungcheol volunteered to take other books to other patients as well. Leaving Junhui with me, I take my step towards Shinbi’s bed. Bringing up her face from the book she’s currently reading, her eyes were glowing like a star seeing me. “Annyeong, Shinbi. Do you like the story?”

 

She was stuttering at first, Junhui automatically come to help her to say something. “Shinbi is the longest one staying at this ward. She’s having a hard time trying to speak with people. She love your books though,” said Junhui before I take a sit closely beside Shibi’s bed. “Do you want me to read out the story for you?” Shinbi quickly nod her head within a seconds, and so I take the book from her hand and read the story out loud for her that other kids pay their attention to me instantly.

 

Junhui is right, because the kids fall asleep soundly once I settle with it. “Junhui, will the kids be okay?” he was smiling while tucking the kids on their bed. Shinbi who fall asleep on my lap moved a bit. “I told you they like it. Isn’t it peaceful to see them sleeping like this?” I turned my head around to see it, and a feeling of peace and relieve flooding inside me. “And, you can just call me, Jun. for short.”

 

“Yes, Jun. You’re right.” Slowly placing Shinbi’s head on her pillow, I stood up from her bed. “May I know where’s the toilet here?” Jun leads me to the door, giving instruction with his hands showing direction to the toilet. “If you need help, there’s other nurses that can help you too. I’ll be leaving in a short moment. I hope to see you again, Y/N.” After saying thank you, I rushed to search for the toilet located not far away from the kids ward.

* * * * * *

 

For a moment, I hope it was just a dream. Dreaming of marrying to Seokjin, having a rival with his mom and not coming to distribute the books other than meeting with Junhui and Seungcheol. I don’t want all of this. I never wished this to happen the moment I admit my feelings to Seokjin. Love is hard and life is a journey. And I’m running away from my husband, friends and family. The view that I witnessed two days ago makes my heart ache once again. Erase it from your memory, Y/N. It’s your husband’s fault for not being honest to you.

 

Angela’s hand lingering around Jin’s shoulder, bringing his lips attached to her in such passion at one of the empty corridor at the hospital. I just hope there’s no other people sees it. As much as Jin didn’t introduce to people me as his wife, I think he doesn’t have to know where I am. Damn it, Y/N! Step aside from the melancholy side of you please. He didn’t stop from calling me and I never stop cancelling his call every time it happens. I just want to take a break from everything.

 

“Ding dong!” my tummy was rumbling so hard. I haven’t eat anything since morning, without hesitant I opened the door with hope it’s the pizza delivery girl who almost recognize me so well for constantly ordering pizza from her for almost two weeks. The door open, and my jaw fall down the moment I see Jimin standing right in front of my eyes holding the sliding bag that he love to used since high school. I closed the door quickly, but he stomped the door using his foot and hands pushing the door strong enough to make me struggle of closing it. “Y/N. We need to talk.” He said while grunting. I shook my head and push the door with all the effort I have left.

 

“If you’re job is to help Seokjin searching for me, better luck next time. Go away, Jimin! I don’t need anyone for a moment.” Defending myself, but I fail at closing the door as Jimin easily shoved the door with one last try making me pushed backward from it. Entering the house, he closed the door from behind before pulling off his shoes. “Come on, is that how you greet your best friend at the place you usually hang out together? That’s your issue with him, not me.” I was blanked for a moment, turning my eyes to see him. He’s staring at me with an intense sincere eye, causing me to change my way from him. Being the closest friend of mine for almost 7 years, he’s speaking the truth.

 

“Then, why you’re here? I thought you’re helping Yeri at the bookstore.”

 

“Do you have any idea how people losing their mind searching for you?”, I was expecting other answer from him. I stood there numbly, before turning my gaze to see him back. He’s cross arming his hands on his body, slowly taking a step closer to me. “Jin hyung, especially. You should left a word before leaving. If you want to know how he’s doing right now, I will let you know.”

 

The heart wants what it wants, but my mind refuses to further asking about Jin. As the result, guilty will be over flooding me yet I need to fight back everything that I have built up for this two weeks separated away from him. Mysteriously, without even answering the single call from him. “Can we not talk about him, for a moment? I’ve grown tired receiving phone calls from him.”

 

Jimin landed on the sofa in the living room, hugging a small pillow and focusing on me. “You run away from him, Y/N. Don’t you ever feel guilty about that?” depressed because of all the pressure the moment Jimin come, he supposed to help to relieve everything. Sitting beside him and punching his fist, I rested my body by leaning beside him. I missed the old times where it was only me and my friends, especially Jimin getting into our petite childish argument about who’s gonna settle assignment tonight or where are we gonna hangout during free class.

 

“I guess I was a little too overwhelmed being Seokjin’s wife. I need to take a break from it. I need to do back what I’ve missed during my youth day.” Jimin moved away from me, staring at me from head to toes before bursting into a big laugh. “Yah, why are you laughing at me?”

 

“Hahaha…I still can’t believe you actually married at such a young age. It feels like last night where we fight over the last piece of pizza at Eunji’s apartment.” I throw the pillow to him, a strong thud sound landing on his firm body and I take a chance to kick him off from the couch. “You should marry Eunji then and feel what I feel, pabo!”

 

“Okay, okay. Sorry.” We were in silent for a moment, suddenly Jimin looking up to see me with a sparks on his eyes. “Let’s do what we have done before you become Mrs. Seokjin, shall we? I may not help much, but at least it will bring the good memories of your youth times.”

 

I reluctantly smiled and without hesitation (I forgot I’m someone’s wife when I’m around someone I closed with), I agree with Jimin who pulled me up from the couch with a wide smile on his face. It’s my youth, so it’s not wrong to bring it back, right?