Maybe The Old Song Will Bring Back The Old Times

Coffee Break

She recently went back home from her trip to Japan with her sister Jessica. It was nice catching up with her because they’re rarely have time for each other since Jessica and Yuri tied a knot 3 years ago.

She was there all day lying on her bed and staring at the white ceiling. She’s tired but she knows that the jetlag has been already subsided.

She jolted up in bed and walked into the curtains. The warm sun greeted her but she felt cold. There are two things that remind her of summer: first it was f(x), due to their hit single Hot Summer and Amber.   And she didn’t want to remember the latter because she knew that Amber is not thinking of her anymore.

 

“I knew it.”

“Huh?”

“I knew that you’d be here. You’re not answering your phone so I guessed that I will find you here.” She ruffled the older girl’s hair and sat beside her.  Amber smiled and leaned her head on Krystal’s shoulders as they both listen to the song.

There is a small LP store in Cheongdamdong that has been their secret place since they are trainees. Whenever they will go out, it is on their list that they will go straight to the music store and the owner will always welcome them.

 

And there she was standing in front of the store. She doesn’t know how her feet drag her into this place.  She opened the door and the owner immediately recognized her, he aged so much but it was the same old ajhussi that they knew.

“It great to see you again here, Soojung.” The old man immediately held the door open for her.

“It was great to see you too, samchon. It’s been 7 years.”

It’s been that long since f(x) disbanded and move on to their different careers in life. Victoria is living well in China, happily married and a mother of two. Luna just recently tied a knot with a non showbiz actor.  And Amber went back home to LA to pursue her career in music and now she is a well known music producer.  Krystal knew that it’s not the only reason why she went back home, because originally Amber didn’t want to leave Korea but it was when the dating news between her and Kai revealed. Amber was quiet about it, but Krystal knew she was just keeping it in. It’s been years since they broke up and sometimes she’s praying that when Amber heard the news she will go back home, but she didn’t.

As she walks in between the shelves, something caught her attention. There was a LP with AL initials at the bottom.

“Oh that belongs to your friend, Amber.”

Krystal was a bit surprised because she didn’t knew that the ahjussi is looking at her. The owner gets the LP from her and went over to the player.

“Are these songs belong to Amber?” Krystal asked and the owner nodded.

“I compiled them and put it in. She was here alone writing songs before, and now she’s in the other side of the globe producing songs. I miss that girl.” I miss her too, Krystal mentally said.

She went to their hideout and sat on the wooden floor. She misses Amber’s head on her shoulder, how their hands will automatically intertwine. And she finds it beautiful whenever Amber closes her eyes when listening to the music playing. She wished that the songs can take her back to where it was before, when they are just two teenagers who are secretly in love with each other.  

With her eyes closed, she remembers the good memories she had with Amber. She was so immersed that she didn’t realized that she felt something heavy on her shoulder.

“I knew it.”

“Huh?” Krystal opened her eyes and her hearbeat raced as looked at the person on her right.

“Hi, Soojung.” 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. Its been a while. This is just crap, I lost my touch in writing coz I'm so busy with work. And yeah, heard the news about Kaistal. I still support Kryber tho. Mehe. I was going home and I heard this song playing on the radio and theres some kinda spirit that bless my soul so I wrote this one shot. Ohwell thanks for reading, my beloved readers!

 

(Magbrebreak din sila. Walang forever. Joke! Mehe.)