Be My Mistake (I)

Coffee Break

Hello everyone, it's Alex. I took a break from work so yeah I tried writing again. Hope you guys enjoy. This one is unedited tho so sorry for the grammar errors and all. This story was inspired by The 1975 - Be My Mistake. So yeah enjoy!

 

She doesn’t know how many times she heard herself sighed. The blond haired girl groan frustratingly as she stared at a blank paper in front of her. She sat in her room for hours but it seems there is nothing to write about.

She heard a metallic bowl clashed on her wooden floor making her cursed and flinched. The owner let out an apologetic smile and lazily went to the kitchen to get Leo’s favorite cat food. You cannot mess with a hungry Leo.

“Mianhe” Lisa softly said as she softly pet Leo who is now enjoying his food.

She looks around her room and groan. Scattered and crumpled papers everywhere, dishes that are begging to be washed, empty beer cans at the dining table, even Leo’s litter box is dirty. Ugh.

“What is happening to me?” Lisa sighed as she began to clean her house. She tied her hair into a ponytail and look herself at the mirror. “I need a makeover, Leo.” And as if Leo can understand, he meowed her back.

Lisa is a renowned writer and a playwright. She really loves to write; ink runs into her blood. But this year she was having a difficulty in writing and she don’t know why.

She heard her phone beeped, a message from her friend Jisoo appeared.

 

Hey buddy, we are going out tonight with Chaeng and Seulgs. I’ll see you at the bar! I miss you bud. Don’t you dare ditch us, Im gonna unfriend you.

 

Lisa softly chuckled and replied to her friend that she’s going. Yup she definitely needed a break. She went to the bathroom to clean herself up and picked out a casual outfit for tonight.

 

 

“Hi hun… I know I’m sorry, I’ve got a lot of clients today. Yes, I promise I’ll make time soon. I- I love you too babe… Bye.”

 

Jennie sighed and looked at the piles of papers on her desk. There’s no way that she can finish these all in a week. She felt tired and definitely needs a break. Her work is making a toll on her, being an attorney is not an easy job. She misses her dog, her family and her boyfriend. They were planning on getting married soon but I guess soon is too far.

“Jen, you should go home you know. You can do that tomorrow. Go home and have !” Joohyun, her co-worker said as she peeps through the divider.

“Yah Bae! Watch your mouth!” Jennie hissed and looked around to check if someone heard it. “I want to go home too… but attorney wanted me to finish this on Thursday. The court session is on Friday.” She slumped her back into her chair and massage her temples.

“You know what you need?” Joohyun sends a meaningful look and wiggled her eyebrows

“What?”

 

 

Lisa was wearing a pair of black ripped jeans, plain white top, a green bomber jacket and a plain black cap. She was searching at the crowd to look for Jisoo and her friends.

“Lisa, here!” She saw Jisoo waving her hand. “I didn’t expect that you’re coming.” Her friend said as she offered her a whiskey to drink.

“Me too. I didn’t expect myself.” Lisa snickered.

“Bud, you need to take a break too you know. Don’t sulk inside your room. You need to enjoy life, take a break from writing at least.”

Lisa sighed and took a sip on her glass. “Yeah I need a breather. It’s been months and I can’t produce something.”

 

 

“Are you sure about this Hyun?” Jennie said as she tries to pull down the black dress that her friend gave. “Ouch. YAH!”

Joohyun slapped Jennie’s “HAJIMA! The dress is okay don’t pull it down!” she said as she continues to put on her make up.

“I didn’t know you have this.”

“I always bring extra dresses and put it in my pedestal. Now is the good time to use it! Now Jennie, I want you to enjoy okay?” She looked at her friend and hold her shoulders. Joohyun’s eyes were full of determination.

“O-okay. But we will leave before 12am okay?!”

“Who are you, Cinderella? Jennie come on get drunk and laid! OUCH YAH MY !” Jennie slapped her friend’s .

“Yah I only wanna get laid with my boyfriend okay?! Now come on I wanna go home early.” She dragged her friend outside and waited for their Uber to arrive.

 

 

“One beer please.” Lisa ordered at the bar and sit at the stool near it. To her left, she saw a girl being uncomfortable as a man kept on bugging her to a dance.

“Im not interested Im sorry.”

“Oh come on miss, I will give you a good time.” The guy literally scanning her body from head to toe in which Lisa felt disgusting.

 

“I’m sorry babe, is he bothering you?” Lisa went closer to the girl and winked at her sending her a message to just go with the flow.

“Uhm y-yes.” The girl shyly said as she tucked her hair to the side. She didn’t know if it’s the alcohol but she can feel her cheeks heating up as the blonde girl places her jacket on her lap.

Lisa stated at the guy and cleared signaling the guy to get away.

“Yo bro sorry! I don’t know she’s taken sorry.” The guy raises his hands and walked backwards leaving the two of them alone at the bar.

When Lisa secured that the guy really went far away from them, she turned around and faced the brunette girl casually sipping her beer.

“Sorry about that, are you okay miss-?”

“Jennie. I-Im Jennie and I’m o-okay.”

Lisa nodded and let out a smile. “I’m Lisa, nice to meet you Jennie. Mind if I join you?”

Jennie felt her heart quicken as she saw the blond girl smiled at her and she didn’t hesitate to give one back to her. “Sure I wouldn’t mind.”

“Cool.”

Silence engulfed them, a comfortable one. Even though the DJ’s music is blasting through the speakers, everything felt comfortable around them. A bottle on their hands and a bowl of roasted peanuts for them to share is enough for them. They sometimes checked on each other and gave each other smiles but neither of them talked.

 

Lisa turned her head on the dance floor and saw her friends having a great time dancing. She let out a chuckle and shake her head.

“Why are you laughing?” Jennie asked out of curiosity.

“Oh sorry, it’s just my friends are there wildin’ out.” She said as she pointed her friends.

Jennie looked at the middle and saw Joohyun with Lisa’s friends “I didn’t know that my friend are with your friends… the girl in the red dress, that’s my friend.” Jennie chuckled also

“Oh wow, my friend Seulgi likes her huh.” They both noticed the two grinding at each other and can’t help but to shake their head.

“Why don’t you dance too? You know… with your friends?” Jennie asked as she swig her bottle

“Well, I don’t dance and I’m not really into that. I rather stay here at the bar… with myself and looked at the people around wondering what’s going on inside their heads…” Lisa looked at Jennie which is giving her a perplex look. “S-sorry, you must be thinking that I’m weird. I talk to much. I-I’m sorry.” She scratched her nape in which Jennie find it cute.

“N-no it’s okay. I found it… interesting I guess.” Jennie rested her elbow at the counter and her hand below her chin. She tilted her body to her right so she will get a better view of Lisa. The blonde girl copied Jennie and now they were looking at each other.

“How about you?” Lisa asked.

“How about what?”

“Why aren’t you with your friend?”

Jennie smiled and looks at Lisa, “Well to be honest… I don’t dance either…”

Lisa smiled and Jennie swore that smile melt her heart. “… and maybe I’m also wondering what’s going on inside people’s head.” Jennie smirked that made Lisa chuckled.

Lisa finished her bottle and ask Jennie “Do you wanna know what’s going on inside my head?”

Jennie drank the whole bottle too and leaned closer towards Lisa. With the alcohol making her so brave, she slowly s her hands towards her neck. Their lips almost touching each other, the blonde girl’s eyes traveled from Jennie’s neck to her plump lips and back to her loving eyes. Jennie stared her with want, with her left hand slowly traveled up to cup her cheek “I want you to show me, Lisa.”

 

 

 

You guys want a ? Lol I dunno how to write one tho hehe