Wait (Jennie x Lisa)

Coffee Break

Hello everyone I know its been a while. I'm sorry of Im not updating my fics. Work is hard. Huhu. So first, this is not a Kryber story. Hehe. I tried a different pairing this time. I got this inspiration while listening to EXO's Wait. So I recommend to listen to the song while reading this. Click the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4C7UluN4gY

I am rusty right now so please bear with me. Sorry for the errors. Huhu. Anyways enjoy reading! (Shouout to all MeU's and Blinks)

 

Jennie x Lisa

 

“Umpf”

Lisa said as she placed the last box neatly her storage room. It’s been chilly outside because winter season had just begun. Normally people will do their “general cleaning” during Spring, but for Lisa she thinks that she had nothing to do today decided to clean her apartment. Her boss granted her a 2-week leave because of her great performance at work. She was reluctant to grab it because she doesn’t want to stay at home for two weeks doing nothing, but she accepted it otherwise. She normally has the “house-work-house” routine.

Lisa sat comfortably at her window sill while sipping the hot chocolate drink that she made. Her warm moist breath formed on the glass as she sighed while gazing upon the people walking by.

 “Meow...”

“It looks like it’s gonna snow today Leo.” Her cat purred when she pet her head. She took a cute red cat sweater and wore it on Leo. “Don’t catch a cold little buddy.” Leo went down from the window sill and jumped at the table where a blue box was placed. Her little buddy looked at her and tapped his little paw on the blue box.

“Do you wanna know what is inside that box Leo?” Lisa puts down her cup at the sill and went to Leo. She sighed and carefully opened the box revealing old stuff from her childhood.

Lisa smiled and picked up her silver Kodak camera. “Its been a long time Leo, I wonder how is she now...”

 

“Yah let me see!”

“But I’m shy, Jen. I don’t know if... I mean my shots are quite odd. Do you think I would be able to pass the audition through these photos? I’d rather not, okay I should walk away and—YAH!”

Jennie rolled her eyes and quickly snatched the camera from Lisa making the girl stopped pacing back and forth infront of her. She pressed the playback button and scanned the pictures that Lisa made. “You should walk away and go straight to the audition and shove these pictures in their faces! Your shots are great, Lili so please don’t say that you can’t do it.”

Jennie smiled seeing Lisa becoming teary eyed. “Yah, gwenchana?” The tall girl replied with a big warm hug. “Thanks for believing in me, Kim!”

“You are very welcome, Lisa. I believe that you will be a member in the school publication.” Jennie wiped the tears that escaped Lisa’s beautiful eyes. Lisa nodded and grabbed her bag as well as her camera.

Before heading towards the building, she turned around and gave a flying kiss to Jennie making the latter giggle but she caught and threw it at her back. Lisa smiled nonetheless. As she run towards the building she heard Jennie shouting “YOU GOT THIS MANOBAN!”

Jennie waited Lisa at the hallway while eating her Pepero. She lifted herself from the wall that she was leaning to as soon as she saw Lisa coming out the room. Her smile faded as she saw the tall girl with her head low while holding a piece of paper. Jennie felt a wave of panic inside her and thought that Lisa didn’t make it.

“Yah L-Lisa. It’s okay, there are still other opportunities aside being in the school publication... At least you tried... You have really nice shots and---“

Lisa lifts her head, looking Jennie with tears falling from her eyes. Jennie felt awful pushing Lisa to go to the audition. She handed the white folded paper to Jennie. “You... You... LISA!!!”

Jennie felt her body being lifted off the ground and heard giggles from tall girl. “I GOT IN JENNIE!” Lisa said as she carefully put Jennie to ground. “Thank you for that little push.”

“Thats why you always listen to me, arraseo?”

“Yes ma’am!” Lisa gave a salute with the latter smiled at her antics.

“Come on you have to buy me something!”

“Anything for my Nini.”

 

 

“And that’s what I remember from this camera, Leo.” Lisa smiled and place the camera neatly back in the box. She saw a Polaroid picture of her and Jennie at the prom. They were standing close to each other, Jennie leaning at her while her hand resting comfortable at the girl’s waist.

 

“You seriously going to wear that?!” Jennie asked and rolled on Lisa’s bed lying at her stomach.

Lisa turned around and smiled seeing Jennie with her round specs while wrapped inside her rabbit blanket like a burrito. “Uhm yes?”

“Daebak.”  Jennie said and still not buying it.

“Look, I’m not joking okay? I want to wear a suit instead of a dress. I can’t move comfortably with heels!” The tall girl reasoned out. “And besides, I can’t take good pictures wearing this girly stuff. Ew.” She harshly placed the dress that her sister picked for her. Jennie giggled at her action.

“Well if that’s what you want.”

“How about you, what are you going to wear?” Lisa asked while peeling the bread crust of her sandwich and gave it to Jennie.

The girl smiled and accepted the sandwich “Aww, thanks for peeling it for me.”

“Well I knew you didn’t want the edges.” The latter said while chewing the crust.

“What I’m going to wear? It’s a secret.” She said while looking at Lisa’s suit.

 

Two days before the prom...

 

Lisa was inside the publication’s room doing photo editing when she heard a knock on the door.

“Annyeong haseyo, Lisa-ssi.”

“Sunbaenim! Annyeong haseyo. Come inside.” Lisa opened the door and let the visitor came in. “What can I do for you, sunbaenim? Are you looking for Kyungsoo sunbae? I think he went to the cafeteria.”

“Um no! I’m not looking for Kyungsoo...Ahh... You see... Can you do me a favor”

“Sure sunbae! What is it?”

“Jennie is your friend right? She’s also from class 3-C like you. You see... I like her. I’m very shy to tell her, can you help me Lisa-ssi?”

 Lisa felt dry from what she heard. “Lisa-ssi, are you okay? Did you hear what I said?”

“Ohh... yes sunbaenim.” Her voice cracked but she managed to gave a smile to Jongin.

“Okay! Thank you for helping me Lisa! This means a lot to me.”

Lisa has been staring at her monitor since Jongin left 30minutes ago. She can’t understand herself why she chose to be Jongin’s wingman for Jennie. She woke up from her trance when she felt a pair of arms wrapping her from behind.

“Are you okay Manoban? Are you having a staring contest with the monitor?” Lisa smiled as soon as she heard Jennie giggled.

“Aniya... I’m just thinking of something.” She let go of her arms and fixed her things.

“Dont tell me you’re thinking about me?” Jennie joked.

“Yes I was...” Lisa felt panicked that she just blurted out the truth. “... I mean, I was still thinking of what are you wearing to prom. Come on let’s eat and super hungry!”

 

Prom night came and Lisa was so happy that her sister permitted her to use their car. She stopped by Jennie’s house because she promised the girl that she will pick her up. Jennie’s mom greeted her with a hug and called Jennie upstairs. It was indeed a slow motion moment for Lisa as she saw her best friend descending on the stairs. Jennie gave her gummiest smile while she looked at Lisa. The tall girl stood up and went to the end of the stairs without breaking their eye contact. Lisa extended her hand and Jennie gladly accepted it. They suddenly turned when heard a faint shutter sound.

“Mom!” Jennie whined.

“What? My babies look good together. Just pose for me one more time okay?”

Jennie turned her back to Lisa and placed Lisa’s hand over her waist. Lisa was taken aback at first but she smiled to the camera.

“Thanks for being my hot date tonight, Manoban.” Jennie whispered to Lisa’s ear.

Lisa smiled and helped Jennie walk towards the car. As soon as they settled inside, Lisa reached at the back of her seat and handed over a pair of pink fluffy slippers to Jen for her to use because she knew the hell of using heels. “Who said I’m your date tonight?”

 

Everyone clapped as the host announced the king and queen of the night. She snapped photos as her best friend and Jongin have their first dance as king and queen of the night. She cannot deny how much they look so good together. Even the other students were saying that they can be potential lovers in the future because of their good looks. Her ride home was boring because Jongin offered Jennie a ride home.

Days passed and as Jennie and Jongin were getting to know each other, Lisa grew apart from them. She kept herself busy from school works and organizations that she joined. They still talked but for a very short time, just a simple “Hi, hello’s and how are you’s”

One night when Lisa was already on her bed, Jennie called saying that she and Jongin are already in a relationship. She was sad and happy at the same time. She was sad because the love of her life is with someone else now and happy because she knew Jongin will make Jennie the happiest girl, if Jennie is happy so does she.

 

She woke up from her reminiscing when she heard a clanking sound coming from Leo. Her little buddy was biting a key with a letter L keychain on it.

“Leo don’t play with that, it’s not your toy.”

Leo went to Lisa and gave her the key. “Did you come today, Jen?”

 

“Are you done?” Jennie said as she tried to peek Lisa’s writing.

“Yah! Im not done yet and no looking!” Lisa said as she moved Jennie’s face away from her. The tall girl stood up and moved 5 steps away from Jennie so she will not be able to see what she’s writing. As she was writing her letter, she was glancing Jennie’s side profile. She wants to remember everything at this very moment.

To my dearest Jennie,

                Hello Jennie in the future! This is Lisa from seven years ago. How are you? Are you a well known designer now? Keke. I know you are because the Jennie I know is hard working. I hope your heart is happy as well with your boyfriend Kai. Are you two gonna be married soon? I always knew that you’re gonna be fine with him and not to me.

                I hope he remembers the things you said and do it for you.

                I hope he listens carefully to what you are saying

                I hope he will give you his coat when it’s chilly outside and blocks the sunlight for you on a sunny day

                I hope he will match your pace when you walk on heels

                And lastly, I hope he will make you genuinely happy more than I did.

 

I’m sorry Jennie if I don’t have any courage to tell you how much I love you; because I’m not sure on how are you going to react. But nonetheless, I’m gonna relay it through this letter. Loving you like this is way enough for me. I don’t know if this letter will be alive after seven years but I’m happy I wrote this for you Jen.

I love you Jennie from the past, present and the future.

Love,

Lisa from seven years ago.

 

They agreed to make a time capsule containing of different stuff that are memorable to them and letters. They wrote letters addressed to their future selves and opened it after 7 years. They rode a bus going to Hangang River near Seongsan Bridge. They counted the 23rd lamp post from the bridge, from there they dig a hole and burry a small chest containing their memories. The chest was sealed with a heart shaped lock that both Lisa and Jennie has the key.

“So we will meet here after 7 years huh?” Lisa said as she placed a small marble stone above their time capsule.

“Yes, after 7 years.” Jennie sighed.

Lisa removed her long padding and placed it over to Jennie’s. The short girl muttered a simple thank you and smiled at the gesture.

“It looks like it’s gonna snow today, Lisa.”

Lisa looked up and nodded. “Come on, let’s grab some hot chocolate.” Jennie hooked her arms at Lisa and walked away.

 

She was again woke up from her trance when she heard something crashed at the door. She run only to find that Leo jumped at her coat rack that he is now trapped inside her coats.

“You silly cat. What are you doing, Leo?” She took Leo that has been trapped inside her long padding. The cat purred and suddenly jumped from Lisa and placed his paw to her coat.

“Do you want me to go there?”

“Meow!!” Leo answered. Lisa became anxious and started to walk back and forth which made her cat dizzy.

 “What if she’s not there? I think she won’t even remember... and I think Im not ready to see her yet. I dunno Leo. What if the time capsule was stolen?! What if—YAH LEO DON’T YOU DARE PISS IN THAT COAT! THATS EXPENSIVE!!”

“Meow!!!!”

“Don’t you roll your eyes on me young man.”

“Meow...”

“Okay, I’ll go there Leo.” Lisa sighed in defeat. She didn’t thought that she will experience this kind of conversation with her cat. She picked up Leo and kissed his cheeks “I’ll be back in a while. Wish me luck okay?”

 

The ride going to the bridge was heavy. She began counting the lamp posts as soon as she stepped out of the bus. “Twenty-one... twenty-two...” She knelt as saw a small marble stone beside the lamp post. “So I think this is it.”

Lisa was so nervous as she was opening the small chest. She was surprised that her letter for Jennie years ago is missing and there was a letter inside that is seemed new. It was addressed to Lisa. She went to the nearest bench and began reading it.

Lisa,

I waited for you the whole day but it seems that you already forgot what today is. We promised each other to meet here after seven years. I read the letter that you wrote for me and I want to tell you what I feel personally. So please if you come here and happened to read this, please call me. 09xxxxxxxxx

I miss you.

Jennie

 

“You’re three years late, Manoban.”

Lisa knew that voice very well, she admitted that she miss the owner of that voice. She turned her head back and saw Jennie smiling with two cups of coffee on her hands. Jennie immediately went to the sat beside her.

“I’m sorry for being late.”

“It’s okay, the important thing is you are here now.” Jennie said as she gave the coffee to Lisa. The latter remained silent and shifted her eyes infront looking at the river.

“After we graduated, I thought I was still gonna see you but you left... you left me.” Jennie sadly smiled and took a sip of her coffee. Lisa looks at her apologetically.  “I searched for you, and I heard you were in Thailand studying for college. I was devastated, my bestfriend left me. I don’t know the reason why you left not until I went here and read your letter.”

“About the letter I –“ Lisa felt Jennie’s soft lips on hers. Jennie let her lips stayed there for seconds and let go.

“Why did you kiss me?” Lisa bravely asked and Jennie just smiled.

“I think somewhere along the way, I felt the same Lisa. The feeling is always there but maybe I choose to lock it here in my heart and had forgotten about them until I you left. I never felt this kind of happiness when I’m with Jongin. I’m always here for the past years with two cups of coffee, hoping that someday I’ll see you again.”

“I’m really sorry Jen, I was such a coward. I should have stayed and be with you!” Lisa cried her heart out.

Jennie leaned in and wiped Lisa’s tears with her thumb. “Don’t be...”Jennie planted a soft kiss on Lisa’s forehead. “You are worth the wait Lisa, just promise me that you’re gonna stay because I won’t let you go now.”

Lisa smiled and nodded. Her heart was happy and contented. She silently thanked Leo for encouraging her to go here. She plans to drop by at the pet shop later to buy a treat for her cat.

“Good. I love you, Manoban.”  

Lisa leaned in and planted a kiss on Jennie’s lips. “Love you too, Kim.”