Chapter

Nerium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you" I mumble as I shut the door to the car, letting out my usual sigh as Yoongi flashes his same old smile, I hesitate before I smile back, stepping away a little.

My eyes flicker to the group of boys that stand near the gate, Jimin of course stands out to me amongst them all, but he isn’t who I’m looking for, not today.

I have never been the best at confronting people when I have had a problem with them, so I have no doubt in my mind that I will leave this conversation in tears.

Confrontation is a tough thing, especially when you are trying to defend someone other than yourself, I inhale sharply as I see Taehyung join them.

My feet begin pattering over to the group, I am unable to control biting my lip as I get closer – I reach out my hand slowly until it lightly presses against Taehyungs shoulder.

He turns around faster than I expected, causing me to stumble back, his eyes appraise me before he sniggers “You think you can touch me now orphan?”

My hand slowly clenches into a tight fist “Don’t call me that Taehyung, whatever you think you know you are wrong”

“Eunji...” I hear Jimins warning tone, regardless I continue.

“What’s that supposed to mean huh?” He peers into my face with a smile, a smile of malice, I can only frown.

“Your ex girlfriend was not replaced, Her mother tried to kill my- Yoongi for his money, that’s why they got a divorce” the words come out of my mouth without much emotion, Taehyungs face represented how blunt I was, he grinded his teeth in response.

“Why should I believe you huh? She told me he was forcing her away for years, and the she left ” His long finger prods my shoulder, I shake my head and hold my words back with all my strength, looking him in the eyes. I let him have his five minutes of calling me names, laughing at his own jokes before I speak up, grabbing his shirt.

“Yoongi is a good person, you would know that if you spent anytime with him at all, you need to see past the grief of your ex girlfriend and stop being a love sick angst yank!” My voice raises as I feel anger boiling directly in my heart, to my embarrassment Taehyung laughs.

But its a nervous laugh.

“Leave us” Taehyung suddenly speaks to the others, immediately they disburse, all but Jimin who hesitantly hovers behind.

I swallow hard, looking to my shoes, my hands turn white from the force of me clenching them, as he clears his throat my heart drops into my stomach.

“What do you want” I mumble through pursed lips.

“Hey look me in the eyes, its rude” Afraid of his suddenly softer tone I do as he says “We need to talk about this, wait for  me after school”

My eyes flicker in surprise “huh? Oh! Right. Okay” I nod, paralysed to the spot.

“I’m holding you to this, you better wait for me E”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter