Chapter

Nerium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In stand in front of my mirror, looking at myself Intensely. 

The white shirt, the blazer, the skirt, even the shoes.

It's all something new, something I'm not used to. 

I pull down the skirt a little more, pulling up my socks so they are over my knees, I adjust my blazer and comb a brush through my hair for the tenth time this morning. 

You could say I'm nervous to be going back into a school environment, the thought of being crushed in the corridors or being bullied by one of the older kids makes a tremor rock through me.

"Sulli are you ready for school?" I hear Yoongi's voice from the other side of the door as he knocks his hand gently on it "I have made your lunch and your breakfast so just come down when you are done, we have plenty of time" 

"Thankyou" I say loud enough for him to hear before footsteps are heard going down the stairs, I grab my bag that is leaning against the stereo, which still intimidates me with its expensive demeanour.

With a sigh I pick up my bag and throw it over my shoulders, even the material of this feels expensive, everything in this room seems overpowering, it's like I've been thrown into a princesses room. 

I exit my bedroom with a lethargic attitude, all of this expense is getting to me, it really is like living in a castle, with crystal white carpet, sleek wooden floors and white marble stairs. 

Did I die and get thrown into a fairy tale?

I walk down stairs, trying to be as quiet as possible, but whilst focusing on my feet I hadn't noticed that Yoongi was waiting for me near the kitchen "Morning sleepy" He laughs and holds up a camera, giving me an eye smile "You look really nice in your uniform! I think everyone else will be jealous of how you wear it" 

"What is that camera for?" I murmur, timidly pointing to it, he bites his lip and waggles it in the air.

"I was hoping to get a photo of you for your first day at school" A sudden warmth rocks through me, my eyes begin to sting with moisture, I quickly rub my eyes to hide the evidence "is that okay?" 

I nod and watch as he kneels down on one knee, balancing his elbow on his leg as he holds up the camera "Smile for me"

I timidly show a smile, letting my body instinctively pose as the camera makes a 'snap' noise, I swallow hard as Yoongi gets up with an achieved smile on his face "Thankyou" he looks genuinely happy "Your breakfast is in there with your lunch"

I nod to him and hurry into the kitchen, seeing cereal already poured out into the bowl with the milk, accompanied by a glass of orange juice, I timidly climb up onto one of the stools and begin to eat the cereal, a sweet chocolate sensation running down my throat.

"Are you sure its okay for me to eat all of this?" I mutter, poking at the see through bowl with my finger.

"Of course it is, go ahead and eat it all, you need it" Yoongi walks past me and grabs a packet of crisps from the cupboard and begins eating them, he looks out into the front garden, I continue to eat my cereal, realising how hungry I am, I also drink all of the orange juice.

"Thank you" I murmur as I burp quietly into the sleeve of my blazer, Yoongi comes over and shakes his head, grabbing the glass and cup and putting it in the sink.

"Don't thank me really, it's just breakfast" I nod to him and put my lunch into my bag, continuously looking at him to see what he is doing.

"You...don't need to buy my all of this stuff.." I whisper, looking down to me feet "I'm grateful but aren't you spoiling me a little too much?" 

He shakes his head, I follow him out of the kitchen "Nonsense, I have too much money to know what to do with, so why not make you happy and buy you what you want" he grabs the keys from the basket "I just want you to feel comfortable here, so if there is anything you want just ask me, okay?"

"Okay" I mutter, feeling uncomfortable with his generosity, what am I supposed to give back to him? 

The air outside is humid, making it slightly difficult to breathe, there is also no breeze. I get into the back of the car as he unlocks it, I see one of the neighbours open their front door and look at us both, a woman around Yoongi's age is impolitely glaring right towards me, I duck my head down in my seat to keep her from looking at her.

I hear Yoongi sigh at me from the front seat at the engine starts with a purr "Don't worry about her, she is...strange" his voice sounds tired as he talks about her and he has an uneasy expression, I look up at him, the back outside to the woman who is slamming her door shut.

"Why is she like that?" I ask nervously, seeing how erratic the woman is as she throws h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter