Chapter

Nerium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why did I agree to this again?

Was it the urge to have him go away? Or did I not think properly before agreeing to this.

"Why am I following you? Why do you even want me to come with you?" I murmur as I adjust the strap that is on my shoulder, I look at his back as he doesn't bother to turn around to answer me.

"Your strange, that's why, I see the little monster inside of you" I flinch at his words hitting too close to my heart although he chuckles playfully "Your not like other girls, your skirt isn't up yo-"

"Is that all? My skirt? Are you really inviting me to spend today with you over a skirt?" I feel my head begin to throb as I begin to get annoyed with his childish reasoning, I'm beginning to think he might want something from me. 

"Won't you let me finish??, Jeez" He suddenly stops, making me trip over my feet a little,I don't seem to be able to look up to look him in the face "Your different from everyone else, I can sense it, I think we will be great friends"

I stand in silence for a moment, biting my lip, should I be naive enough to believe him? 

"What makes you so sure I'm different from every girl in this entire school?" I force myself to look up to him, his face is crumpled with happiness, a smirk playing on his lips, his demeanour doesn't seem to be menacing. 

"Call it a gut instinct, or something I can see in your eyes" 

"Pft" I exasperate my disbelief, rolling my eyes "You have barely looked into my eyes Jimin, let alone enough to know the colour of them" 

"Fine I'll give you that one" he laughs in a jolly manner, not letting my comments bring him down "But come on, just trust me this will be fun"

I look around the hall, anywhere but his face, I let out and sigh and hang my head "Fine, But you promised to leave me alone after this"

"That's right I did" he slides his hands into his pockets "But we didn't pinky promise so words are in the wind" 

As he laughs loudly I look at him, his fabled face glistening amongst the shine of the sun, I can't help but let out a small laugh also, although I should be angry at him for disregarding our words.

"WOW YOU ACTUALLY LAUGHED!" Jimin shouts loudly, throwing his hands in the air "You have a pretty smile too!"

"Shut up!" I shout at him, still smiling, I can't stop the glowing sensation in my heart, he spins dramatically down the corridor with his hands in the air "Jimin your going to throw up" I chortle, my hand covering my mouth at the unusual noise, I follow after him until we reach the yard.

"Come on!" He stops spinning, stumbling and then steadying himself, he waves me forward as he waddles into the yard, I stay behind him, an overwhelming emotion of shyness coming over me.  

"Hey Ji, who's that?" A light voice floats into my ears from a corner of the yard, I peak over his shoulder to look at the group of boys who are gathered. It's the same boys from this morning, the ones who laughed at me.

I instantly freeze up, feeling my heart thumping against my chest, I step backwards, intending to run away from the scene that is about to unravel, but I'm too late.

I jerk forward, away from Jimin's arm that was about to go around my shoulder "This is Eunji, she's new, I thought I would make a new friend" 

"Oh she's the one that came with the rich guy" One of them steps forward, I can't help but look at him, his childish yet manly feature confuse me, I immediately spot the small mole below his bottom lip, he smiles at me kindly "I thought his daughter moved away with his wife" 

I stay silent, looking down to the ground, I don't know what to say.

"A way to make the conversation awkward Jeongguk" Jimin mutters before laughing, I shudder at how close he is to me, stepping away slightly, I feel very out of place "Maybe he had another one, I don't know"

"I doubt it, people say he's a loner, just like the looks of her" another boy, his skin darker than the others, his voice is also deeper, his eyes are fierce as they appraise me, I can't help but be captivated in his gaze, out of pure fear "Who dragged in the call girl?" He smirks. 

"I bet she's just an adopted freak that he felt sorry for" He mutters, grabbing the lollipop stick In his mouth and flicking it in my general direction, I flinch at the harshness in his words.

"Taehyung! Shut up! Your not helping me convince her to stay here" Jimin's hands are in fists as he glares at Taehyung, To which he sarcastically laughs.

"Who said I wanted this in our corner anyway"

I swallow hard, choking back my tears, I shake my head and whisper directly to Jimin "I'm going to go, I'm obviously not welcome here" 

"Oh she's going to cry, then I'm going to cry" Taehyung coos in a patronising way, sniggering afterwards, I start to turn my back to them, Jimin reaches for my arm.

"Don't touch me!" I yell at him, the pain bursting in my chest causing hot tears to roll down my cheek, I turn my back and make my pace quick toward the entrance. 

"Feisty" I hear Taehyung shout after me, I feel my heart stutter in embarrassment and rejection. 

My knees become weak the further I go down the corridor, I feel my whole frame shaking to the point where my vision becomes blurry, I slip into the girls back room; empty luckily.

I sit on top of a toilet lid, hugging my knees and sobbing into them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter