O 4 ` foolish words

Let`s Run Away

I rested my head on my knee as I listened quietly to the sound of Youngbae's voice. My heart tingled at every word he sang in that angelic voice he had. I held onto the necklace and closed my eyes as he neared the ending of the song.

"Jaeyan-ah... Jaeyan-ah?" he whispered, as if I was asleep. I decided to play along. I wondered if he would do anything special like give me a secret kiss. "I'm sorry..."

What? Why was he apologizing? I kept still, pretending I was in a deep sleep from the sound of his voice.
"I don't know if what I'm doing is right... being like this... I'm really sorry."

My heart began to ache as I heard the sadness he tried to hide in his voice. I wanted to open my eyes, tell him I'm awake and that I was there for him and pull him into a hug and give him as much kisses as he needed. But there I was, staying still, being the coward that I was.

"Park Jaeyan, please stay by my side, always," he whispered in an even softer voice, so quiet I almost missed it. "I'm sorry, so please stay."

I didn't understand what he meant by his many apologies and the sadness that was underlaying his voice. His pain was giving me not only a headache but also a heartache. I recalled the shaking voice he had after just a beautiful song he sang. It was so different; a side I've never seen of Dong Youngbae.

I wasn't only having a problem with Jung Soori but also a problem with Youngbae. And I had to be honest, I was more worried about my own problems with Youngbae than Soori's love problems which could possibly lead to more friendship arguments. I didn't like to avoid one problem but I wasn't the type to handle both at once either. Sometimes, I did wish my sister was home here with us so I could have someone to talk with about my problems. But I guess she moved out for one of those reasons; an annoying sister.

`

"You look REALLY stressed right now." As if that wasn't obvious enough, Choi Seunghyun. I was too lazy to start an argument at a guy who could go on forever. "Or better yet, you simply look like a mess."

GEEZ. LIKE I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! I just sent all my thought into one evil glare and sent it directly to his eyes. But instead of his eyes showing guilt or being sorry, I felt like his eyes 'smiled'. I sighed, knowing that I couldn't get my personal life problems get in the way of my education. Or at least not by much.

"I don't think I could work with you when you're like this," he said. I shook my head.

"I can do this. I work better when I'm stressed," I insisted. I wanted to immerse myself into this project and get it over with then go home and relax and just forget everything.
He crossed his arms and looked at me, waiting for me to listen to what he said. His eyes really had a lot of charisma because with just one look, it sent me a thousand messages.

"Fine, I'll just relax somewhere and let my stress out and just... ugh," I felt even more stressed trying to find a way to de-stress myself. He chuckled and stood up. Next thing I knew, he grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him. "Hey, where are you taking me?!"

I was honestly really surprised by his sudden action. All I could see from being pulled behind him was the side of his face showing that he was smiling and that we were going somewhere that I've never been to. We left the building and crossed the street to another one which I've never entered. He passed by a lot of people, frequently greeting them with slang words. He took me through a set of stairs going down, as if we were going to a basement.

"Seunghyun, where are you taking me?" One more door had been opened and he finally stopped walking. He turned to me and he was grinning from ear to ear, as if he was really happy to have taken me there.

"Let's get you de-stressed." He pulled on my hand again and shoved his way past a couple of people who seemed to be in good terms with him. He opened this room where I found myself really amazed. It was a studio, with microphones, instruments, everything a band or singer would need to record an album.
"It's an underground studio," he explained. Underground? What, some kind of illegal— "By underground, I mean just that. The studio is underground but it's perfect legal. It's used by real people when they just want to record their own stuff."

It's as if he was reading my mind. I looked at a certain area with a DJ stand and saw his name written in golden letters. "Choi Seunghyun, Mastermind," I read, and I smiled to myself. The title "Mastermind" didn't really have that cool feeling that could've matched him.

"Come here," he said and pulled me again towards the DJ stand that I was just looking at. "I'll show you my talent."

He let go of my hand which just made me realize that I was holding it all along. I blushed but it faded away as he started making a beat. "Yeah, this one right here, is for the people out there..." I looked around and the only people around was him and me.

"Yeah, uh, I know you got some troubles up in your head
But think about the things that you'll keep with you till you're dead
Don't worry about the problems that's keeping you down
I'll help you turn that frown upside down
And uh, if you need a friend, it ain't gon be me
I'm no friend material, I just wanna be free
But hey, whether I'm a friend, a brother, or just another guy
I'll be there for you, helping you out, and it's no lie."

The beat kept on going and he was mixing the things like he was an artist painting a picture. This was his art.

"If all the lil things finally get to you
And if all the lil things finally break you down
You gotta keep your head up
Your head up high
Gotta keep moving, moving, moving
You can't stop in the middle and just disappear
But sometimes, it's okay to take a break
Give me your hand, and for your sake
I'll hold onto it forever,
And together
Let's run away."

That last line made me want to get up and just run away from all this. I knew that my problems weren't that hard compared to others. I knew that my problems were just simple phases in my life. But if it was with him, I felt like I really could just run away.

As long as it was with him.

`
E N D ; O O 4