O 3 ` something's wrong

Let`s Run Away

I sat on my bed, staring at the poster that has been decided to stay with me. I looked up at the neat writing compared to the messy one, which is unfortunately mine. I was afraid to admit it but I had to. Choi Seunghyun was perfect. He was the absolute perfect science partner. Maybe even better then Soori. After all, he did stay until Youngbae arrived. If it was Soori, she would've glared at me and ditched me within a second. It's not my fault I'm blessed.

I tried to recall a few hours ago where Seunghyun stayed until my phone rang, Youngbae telling me he's outside. I looked over at him and said bye. Maybe he was waiting for someone too? Ah~ another sweet ride from Youngbae. I laid down and stared at the boring ceiling but kept smiling to myself.

`

Daesung, Daesung, Daesung, Daesung. That's all who Soori talked about as we headed over to class. I stopped walking and turned to her, looking her real close in the eyes, hoping to get my message sent out without having to say it. But her eyes were showing those of a young girl in love with a guy.
"Jung Soori. I will not allow you to be fooled once again."

She smiled at me as if I just spoke another language that she didn't understand. I tried again.
"Daesung is what? The fiftieth guy you've liked? Seriously now, Soori. Smarten up. Not again will I allow you to get hurt."

Her smile slowly faded and her eyes showed more sadness. "Jaeyan-ah, Daesung is different. You already know how all the other guys I've liked are players or jerks or just simply rude. But he's really sincere and dedicated. I really like him."

I crossed my arms. "Soori, maybe you just feel that way because you haven't liked a guy for a long time. But how are you sure he's not the same as all the others?"

Soori sighed and shook her head. "I'm not like you. I'm not as lucky or as pretty or as great or as likeable as you. I am just a normal average college student who wants to be loved and wants to get a boyfriend that will treat her like a real woman. Not just another foolish girl. I'm sorry I can't have as great a boyfriend as Dong Youngbae. I'm sorry but there's only one Youngbae in the world and he's already yours."

She sighed again and walked past me, heading to class in a fast pace. What have I done... was it wrong to warn her about Daesung? I just wanted her to make sure that he wasn't the same as all the other guys but was I wrong?

"I felt some friendship tension there," I heard a familiar voice say behind me. He took another step and I knew that it would turn out to be Seunghyun. I glanced at him for just a second and I realized that he was wearing a v-neck SHIRT. What was with him and v-necks? It's as if he takes pride in those collar bones. I rolled my eyes. Youngbae's beat yours. I started walking to class, with him walking beside me.

Assuming he heard the whole conversation, I had to say something. "What is with her?"

He chuckled. "You didn't do anything wrong."
And he answered the question I kept in my mind. "You were just looking out for her, weren't you?"

I nodded. "At least you get me. Sometimes Soori is really stubborn. But all I can do is wish for her happiness, right?"

"Maybe Daesung isn't so bad after all. Give him a chance." What? Exactly who's side was he on? We entered the room and I saw Soori sitting at a desk one farther away from mine. I didn't want to play this 'I'm mad at you" game. This was so high school.

`

I was resting my chin on my hand while I stared at Soori. I didn't even pay attention to whatever Professor Kim was talking about no matter how important it sounded. See how great a friend I was? And what does Soori do right when we're dismissed? Get up and leave without saying a word or at least giving a look. And who does she go to? Kang Daesung.

I frowned and let out a groan. "Jung Soori, are you serious?! You're not making me play this game are you?"
As I watched her leave the room, I saw another figure coming towards me.

"Reporting over to Park Jaeyan, a friend of hers was spotted leaving the scene along with a stranger that may be deemed as DANGEROUS. Key word: DANGEROUS." Seunghyun was already smiling and I rolled my eyes. How can he joke over a time like this? "Where's the poster?"

Then I realized. This guy wasn't joking around, he was here to get the poster that we could have worked on in the library and got some more work done. "UGH! I'm so sorry, I left it at home."
Stupid, careless me. What does Dong Youngbae see in me? Well whatever it is, I hope he keeps seeing it.

"That's fine, we'll work on it another day. Just don't do anything ahead, it is GROUP work after all. Or technically just the two of us," he said. "Well, I'll see you soon."

I was actually kind of surprised that he was the first to leave. I usually thought it was me. Like how I left the room first, how I left to find Youngbae, how Youngbae's call meant that I had to go. This time it was just him. I let out another groan. What was wrong with me?

`
E N D ; O O 3