The Forest and the Dream

The Barbarian's Cherry Blossom

A thousand men gathered in the courtyard of the Hold Today. Sakura could see Sebhariians painted in black and carrying spears, swords, clubs or axes. Hussarians with their winged armor, lances and swords (plus Hayato in their ranks). Huscarls with their large round shields. Gizzur's Retinue cladded in Jewelry and severed heads. Several warriors carrying their swords, axes, crossbows, and javelins and claded with their own armor also joined the gathering.

Today was the day she and her friends will leave Gimael for Rainoric's passage of rite of passage. Their first destination will be Vanoran. Where they will meet with Belisarius' son Flavius Sabbatianus where they will board a ship so they can hunt a giant fish or that's what Eslek told her. With a roller bag that Rainoric was generous to give to Sakura and her friends for the journey. She ran through the halls of the Hold to reach Rainoric and Gewis in which they are making the final preparations. She packed the magazine she hid under her bed, winter and summer clothes, a swimsuit, a medikit (always be prepared!), and some girly hygiene stuff. When she reached Rainoric, he and the one thousand men were bowing down before a priest who was blessing him for a safe journey. Then he stood up with the priest's blessing and began to speak in Aurigan a speech.

From what still new knowledge of Aurigan that was abosrbed by Sakura could understand was Rainoric is talking about how will he be able to continue on what his Father has left him to accomplish. How he will be able to triumph whatever Wodan will throw at him. And brag about his fighting prowess to the warriors. While Rainoric spoke, Sakura took the oppurtunity to ask a question to Gewis who she stood next to.

"What happened to Rainoric's mother?"

Gewis looked away from Sakura seeminlgy staring into the void of space. Then he covered his face in a facepalm and told sternly to Sakura

"DO NOT, take about Sophia to me."

"Why not? I want to know."

"NO! And thats final. Shut your mouth and get ready to leave. I will pray for your safe return." Gewis replied.

Sakura obliged to Gewis rejection of the question and faced the crowd. But her mind was still encumbered by curiousity over Rainoric's mother, whom at her time had never met nor heard of.

"Now! My brave warriors! The Journey to Vanoran will contain many dangers But I have my utter faith in all of you." Rainoric finished his speech then giving a proud yell.

Flowers and banners for a safe return were thrown and displayed throughouth Guaita as the Gedriht, dubbly named by Rainoric 'War-finders'.

Marching past the streets of Guaita the AKB girls were given words of encouragement by their fellow Japanese, addressing them in their nickname 'Sakura-tan', 'Takamina' and 'Paruru'. Hayato was at front of the march with Leofric and the other Hussars and Anstrutriones surrounding Rainoric like bodyguards. 1000 of Gimaelic warriors walked out of the inpenatrable gates of Guaita that day and marched for several days until they reached the Gimael-Vanoran border forest. It was a large forest with a road that cuts through it that has a river that highlights the border between the 2 neighboring states. During those few days Sakura and friends would share stories to the soldiers much to their delight especially Rainoric. When she is not entertaining the troops of tales of giants breaching walls, Ghost cats, Cherry Blossoms and Samurai's, she accompanies Rainoric and a handful of men to hunting missions. She would carry on her back bait, ammunition and traps for them. This day's hunting mission, will have a different outcome today.

 

---------------------------------------------

"And the Maids would draw and or write anything you want on the omellete!' Sakura told she was then given applauds and curious looks from the soldiers.

"Anything? Can they draw me?" Said a warrior who had a very nasty scar on his face that Sakura have gotten use to seeing in her time in Gimael.

"Yes, if you tell the Maid how you got that Scar when fighting a monster while protecting a child they would call you brave and may even give you a round of ale on them." Sakura said

Sakura, Rainoric,Wulfgar and Ulrich and a small group of men were dugged in one late afternoon waiting for their traps to be sprung by unsuspecting game. But hours have passed and no sign of any living creature other than them showed up. The sun was beginning to set and Rainoric looked anxious for something to sink his blade on.

"Hey! Theodahad! Check those traps! Why aint anything trying to get in'em. Sakura, Ulrich, go help him." Rainoric ordered with a stressed voice

Sakura, Theodahad and Ulrich walked to the traps which still are set to kill and their bait was still intact. They carefully walked through the field of traps to investigate them.

"I dont understand. Animals of every kind should go crazy for these berries. This is the best ones money can buy!" Theodahad said while carefully fondling the traps.

"Ulrich, can you smell anything to hunt?" Sakura asked

Ulrich sniffed and snuff the air around him for a moment. He turned to Sakura and nodded sideways.

"Damn, it looks like we'll be having veggie.... AAAAAAHHH!!!!' Theodahad yelled in pain as the trap suddenly went of crushing his left arm. Sakura and Ulrich were shocked at the sudden change of events. They begin to attempt to free Theodahad from the trap. Sakura was comforting the Gimaelic whil Ulrich was trying to pry open the trap with his Seax.

"Its gonna be ok Theo-san we are here. We are not going to leave you I promise that." Sakura comforted Theodahad by rubbing his free arm.

Ulrich was hard at work prying open the bear trap. When it began to loosen, Sakura helped him slowly open the trap to free Theodahad. Theodahad let out a pained scream as his metallic bonds were loosen. His arm was bleeding and his bones were exposed to the outside air. Sakura quickly got a First-aid kit she brought and began to administer compound fracture* treatment to Theodahad. Sakura controlled the Gimaelic's breathing by applying pressure to his wound with a piece of cloth. She then wrapped it around his arm untill it was securely in place. Then she told Ulrich:

"Get me a tree branch that is long enough for his arm but stiff enough to keep it still."

Ulrich nodded and stood up and climbed a nearby tree. Breaking one of the branches with his bare hands he quickly dropped down it and quickly sheared off the leaves and excess wood.

"Thank you for the... Aaaahhh!!!! S!@..... Help" Theodahad said

"Your welcome Theodahad. I learned how to use first-aid in School back in Earth." Sakura said

"Well your very well educated for a little girl..... Aaaahhh....... Most girls your age in Gimael would know fighting and sewing but rare is she who knows how to help the bleeding..... Aaaah..... Careful."

As Sakura finished the wrapping, Ulrich passed her the improvised splint. Sakura took the splint, placed on Theodahad's arm then wrapped it around again. As she finished, she heard rushed footsteps behind her.

"I thought I heard a scream what.... What in the hell happened?" Rainoric asked confused of the events that transpired.

"Theo..... Trap snapped..... Arm bled..... Sakura made it not hurt no more...." Ulrich crudely explained

Sakura then helped up Theodahad with her arm and told Rainoric:

"Get him to Eslek now! Before we lose his arm!"
"A'right, Sigebeorht! Get him out of here now!" Rainoric ordered.

A warrior then grabbed Theodahad and carefully walked their way back to the camp. Meanwhile Rainoric was looking down to the ground in dissapointment. He didnt get any game for his men to eat plus one of his own bodyguards was seriously injured. He failed to feed his soldiers and protect them from harm even though it was accidental. He let out a great yell and began to throw around the traps like a child having a tantrum.

"My lord! Please calm down!" Sakura said walking towards the young warlord while dodging the various traps he throws away.

"Dont you see I..... I...... Rainoric Eadwulf of the Salians and future High King of Gimael has FAILED! The nobles expect me to bring home a feast for the next week and What will I return? An injured Bodyguard and some broken up traps! All because a bunch of stupid animals wont come out and die as in the natural way of the world. Live, Eat, Grow, Die." Rainoric shouted back.

"Look Rainori-san look at me. Breathe slowly with me. You think differently when your mad." Sakura grabbed Rainoric's hand and made him stare at her in the eyes. They inhaled and exhaled and inhaled and exhaled repeatedly until Rainoric's panicked breathing calmed down. Rainoric let go of her hands.

"So how are we going to eat dinner now? I wanted some blood to spill but I dont have any to." Rainoric said

"There are simply somethings in this world that even a King cant control. Come on, Leek Soup isnt really that bad if you put some hot sauce on it." Sakura comforted Rainoric who bowed his head in humility for probably the 1st time in his life.

"To tell you the Truth Sakura, this is the 1st time I ever lead a group of soldiers for real before. I was trained to do it by Eslek but now this has become a test for my mettle."

"You need all of that mettle my lord, perhaps the blood you seek to spill will be shown tommorow morning."

"Blood... Spill.... *sniff sniff* Blood!!! Spilled!! Ulrich hunt!!!" Ulrich shouted and began to sprint wildly away from the group

"My lord! The Langobard got a scent! Follow him!" Said a soldier

"Lets go lads!" Wulfgar cheerfully said

"Ah! Its a look like we gonna kill us some animals after all! Come Flower-tree, we got some hunting to be done." Rainoric said unsheathing Ulfbert.

The Gedriht followed Ulrich throught the forest untill they stopped upon a forest clearing in the middle of the woods. Ulrich pointed his fingers to his eyes and back at the field prompting them to look stealthily at what is happening. Sakura carefully peeked at the clearing from the bushes with Rainoric.

"Poachers, no wonder we got no luck finding meat." Rainoric said

"Sure ain' the Vanoran's Hunter's guild. They dress to badly to be rich Vanoran snobs looking to put a head on their fireplace." Wulfgar added

"What should we do now?" Sakura asked

"Follow me and dont get scratch at yer pretty face. TE HETA HADA WODA!!!!" Rainoric stood up and charged at the poachers, slicing one in half with Ulfbert.

Wulfgar wielded his Axe and began to swing it around his body and charged at the enemy

Ulrich raised his Sword and Axe in the air and began to howl as he made the Poachers flee like rabbits.

Sakura followed Rainoric and Wulfgar closely as she dodged arrow fire from the Poachers, eager to help her master despite the life-threateningn danger she is in. The Gedriht easily outmatched the surprised Poachers as they began to cut them down like fruits inside a blender. Some of the Poachers. Sakura followed under Rainoric and Wulfgar's cover hoping she can help her master if she can. An opportunity arose as one of the Poachers began to flee. Sakura grabbed a javelin that was planted on the ground and threw it to Rainoric. Rainoric caught the javelin and threw it at the fleeing man, the javelin pierced his skull killing him instantly.

"Headshot!" Rainoric cheered.

Wulfgar meanwhile was starting to rescue the captured animals that the Poachers took in a pen. Sakura helped 'the Tower by loosening the locks quickly but Wulfgar shouted:

"Not too fast! You will panic them."

But it was too late, the animals who were scared beyond reasoning stampeded out of their prisons and were heading straight for Sakura. Sakura felt she made a fatal mistake and closed her eyes and shed a sad tear as a great force pushed her blacking her out.

 

------------------------------------(DREAM TIME!!!!!!!)-------------------------------------------------

"Sakura-tan! Sakura-tan! Wake up its time for the show!" Said a familiar voice.

Sakura woke up thinking she was in Heaven only to be greeted by a 12 byou costumed Rino 'Sashiko' Sashihara and Haruka 'Haruppi' Kodama.

"Wh---what? Was it a dream?" Asked Sakura.

"You were sleeping for the entire bus ride from Nagoya to Tokyo. Come on! Its almost time for the concert!" Sashiko said raising up Sakura.

Sakura, Rino and Haruppi raced down the busied lanes of people carrying costumes, makeups props and stuff you find in the backstage of a concert around. They reached a platform where all of Sakura's HKT48 sisters were awaiting to be casted up to the stage of eagerly waiting fans. The platform risen and Sakura was greeted with lights of Wotagei's and the screaming of chants and Idol names. Then she hears the music play and Sakura instinctively know what to do:

 

"

Sekaijuu de ichiban kirei na
Houseki wo ageru
Dakara chotto me wo tojite nante
Itazurappoku iwareta

TETORAPODDO ni yosete kaesu namioto
Kimi ga chikadzuita kehai ga suru
(Natsu no koi ga) ima hajimaru

Kuchibiru ni fureta no wa
Yawaraka na DAIYAMONDO
Ima made kimi ga mamotte ita mono
Dou sureba ii no darou
Boku wa tada ude no naka ni
Kimi wo uketomeru dake da
Ugokenai yo
Juunibyou

Soro soro kana usume akete mita
Kimi to me ga atta
Heikin teki KISU no jikan tte
Dore kurai nan darou?

ROMANTIKKU sugite kono saki ga wakaranai
Dou iu kao e nani wo hanasu?
(Tomodachi ni wa) modorenai

Kuchibiru wo hanaara
Sugu kieru DAIYAMONDO
Kyou kara boku ga taisetsu ni shiyou
Dekiru nara konomama de
Shiokaze ni fukare nagara
Kimi wo hitorijime ai
Eien yori
Juunibyou

Kuchibiru ni fureta no wa
Yawaraka na DAIYAMONDO
Ima made kimi ga mamotte ita mono
Boku-tachi ga te ni ireta
Kono ai wa kagayaiteru
Marude kioku no houseki
Mabushi sugiru
Juunibyou                                                               "

Sakura danced and sang the lyrics like a graceful Angel as the 1st time in about several months she felt very happy. When the song ended she and her HKT48 sisters bowed down to the applause of the fans. Sakura felt she was on top of the world until she heard a barbaric warcry echo the stadium she was performing in.

 

"TE HETA HADA WODA!!!!!" Said a Gimaelic warrior.

Suddenly a horde of the Northern barbarians flooded the stadium laying waste and bring death and fire to all of the people inside.

The stage crew were being impaled by arrows and javelins. Fans were being slaughtered like pigs and cows in a butcher's shop and the security detail that was incharge of the event's security had their heads being displayed by headhunters. Some Gimaelics even went up stage and began to move in on the girls who were terrfied at the attack. Some were unhesistantly slashed by some, knocked on the ground by others to be violated (S**ually) and others were grabbed by the barbarians and were being carried off. Sakura saw that 3 Gimaelics had their eyes fixed at her and began to approach her menacingly. Remembering  her training in Martial arts and Self-defence she kicked and punched her attackers only for her blows to be absorbed by their Gimaelic Steel armor. The began to caress their fingers on Sakura's clothes readying to deflower her when Sakura heard a voice.

 

"None of this is real! You are the master of your mind! Tell them to leave." The Angelic voice said to her.

Sakura let her mind be the boss of the nightmare and suddenly everyone but her dissapeared leaving Sakura alone in the middle of the stage.

"You are in a deep sleep, near death. My son is looking for you. Find him so you can go back to the realm of the living." The voice continued. Then the doors of the Stadium opened loudly showing a bright white light from the other side. Sakura stood up and walked to a door in front of her. As she walked passed the door, a bright light engulfed her eyes until fading out making it clear for her eyes to see her surroundings.

It was a battlefield by a plain as she see many Soldiers fighting or dying in the field. From what she sees it is between the Gimaelics and Ghoghthal's.

"This is the battle of the Ydeli Plains. The battle that made Gimael an Autonomous state from the Ghogthals. Rainoric's Grandfather, Merovech is fighting for his new found nation's independence. If he didnt had the support of the Vanoran's and the Church Gimael wouldnt exist in the first place. After a crushing defeat, the Ghoghthal's the most influential and richest kingdom of Auriga proposed a peace treaty. Gimael is to be given autonomous governing priveleges and the right to be still considered part of the Empire in exchange of gold to compensate the losses that Ghoghthal took. This rose Gimael's reputation as a nation of fierce warriors who despite being the ones outnumbered 1 to 3, took out virtually every Ghogthal Knight that was sent to kill them." The voice said

Sakura looked on to see Rainoric's ancestor, Merovech riding on a Dust Horse and leading his men to charge on the enemies. The Ghogths were obliterated by the charge that was made even more devestating by the glowing Dust that surrounded the men. (Just like Leofric's Calvary charge)

"Why are you telling me all of this history voice?" Sakura asked to the disembodied entity.

"Your special Earthling, My son needs a person that will guide him to the right path. He is raised in a world where might makes right but I know that a mind like that would be his downfall. My son is destined for great things for he is born on the ten thousandth day when Gimael earned its independance from Ghoghthal the 12th day of the 6th seed (Month). He will one day rule the known universe. And you are going to help him in his path. Find Him." said the voice

"Your son? Rainoric? But he is so proud, easily angry and barbaric just like the rest of the Gimaelics."

"Then be the compass that guides him out of the pit of savagery. He may treat you as a slave but deep down inside, he is just a young Broken Lorde boy who never had the chance to be raised by his mother, Me." Said the voice

"Your his mother? Wait I need to ask you, why is Gewis so upset to here about you?" Sakura asked

"I can not speak no more to you. My power wanes, find my son and wake up." The voice of Rainoric's mother said with her words slowly becoming more quiet until its sound faded. Sakura turned around and bravely run through the battlefield. As she passes by, she could hear Merovech giving a in-battle speech to his Yamanin soldiers.

"Men of Gimael! I still live! And with Wodan's words, we either live or die as free men! TE HETA HADA WODA!!!!" Merocvech said raising his sword. It was the 1st time in Auriga's history when a Broken Lord invoked his God's strength to his men.

"TE HETA HADA WODA!!!! Ich glauben von ganzem seele!" The warriors shouted with fiery passion in their hearts that could melt the coldest of ice. They proceded to to find with an even more greater intensity with a whitish glow covering them as if Angels from heaven possesed them and made to do great deads of bravery and valor in battle. Sakura continued on the wartorn field until she saw a portal with white glow in the by the border of a forest. Wasting no time she jumped in......

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Silence was the sound that entered Sakura's ears. Then Bush Warblers (A bird that sings for some sweet poontang (mate) during the beginning of spring) sing their tune. Sakura looke on to her new dream's landscape. It was her hometown of Kagoshima in Japan. It was spring time and she was by the sea and the Cherry Blossoms were in full bloom brightening up the port city. Sakura smiled at her titular tree's beauty as she walked leisurely through her hometown. But as she walked she began to see some posters, she looked curiously on them and was shocked to see what she the poster was. It was a 'Missing' poster of her and fellow Kagoshima born Yuki 'Yukirin' Kashiwagi. The description says:

"These 2 young women that were born in our prefecture were kidnapped by the barbarian's of the sky last summer. Please, we pray as the people of Kagoshima prefecture for their safe return."

"Did Yukirin got taken too?" Sakura thought. Continuing forward in her own hometown, passing by the staue of Saigo Takamori, City Hall and Kagoshima castle. She then arrived at the pier overlooking her town's volcano, Sakurajima. There was a crowd of people that have gathered at the carnival grounds of the pier. Pushing aside the crowd she found in awe what she saw that the crowd was looking at. Rainoric was having an intense one-on-twenty fist fight with the police.

"Sakura! If your not some Belumiye* illusion scare these puny excuse of lawmen for me!"  Rainoric said shanking an ice cream cone to the eye of a policewoman.

Sakura with strength of will, used her mind to remove the crowd and the policeman from her dream. They dissipated to ash like particles as Sakura and Rainoric were left alone on a now empty and quiet carnival by the pier.

"Iced that guy... To cone a phrase." Rainoric said cracking his armored knuckles.

"A voice told me to find you. She said that I was in a coma and I need to find you so we can get out of my sleep." Sakura informed

"Yeah, your sleeping next to Theodahad by the surgeon's bed and Wulfgar had to carry you back to the camp cuz, I aint carrying you. So listen, heres what we need to do. I have read books on how to cure Coma's using some White dust is that we need to keep passing through your mind 'till we reach the exit." Rainoric said

"And exit meaning?" Sakura asked

"Till we get out, Wont take long Just dont think of something really big and scary and we will be out in time for dinner."  Rainoric said.

The Master and his slave left the pier and made their way back to the main city. Sakura could notice from Rainoric that he was looking at all the surroundings of her hometown and not watching where he is going. Rainoric, distracted from the sights, fell down from a flight of stairs that led downhill to the suburbs. Being a Broken Lord, he only had a fixable dent on his helmet-for-a-head.

"Blyad! Damn stairs! Why place these! I would spike your eye with a twig for he who made these!" Rainoric raged

"Calm down Rainori-san where actually near my childhood home by the way. I can show it to you. Come on!" Sakura said helping the Warlord up.

Passing through the sidewalks they made it to the gate of Sakura's humble home. It was a 2-floored house shaped like a box. Painted white and looked quite average and uniform in style compared to the other houses in the neighborhood.

(Got this picture from Real estate japan)

"Well Rainoric, this is where I lived before I went to Tokyo." Sakura said giving a hospitable smile.

"Your quite rich for a commoner, I mean you got two floors! Do you know how much wood it takes to make a second floor in Gimael?" Rainoric said in shock

"Wait till you see the prices of land in Tokyo. Knowing you and the Gimaelics in my time serving you. You would most likely kill the real estate agent, grab the keys, put a flag on the door, decorate the walls with skulls and attack anyone that tries to go near. But on the bright side, you dont have to pay rent." Sakura joked while pushing the door of her home and leading Rainoric inside.

When they entered her home Sakura noticed that it was empty. Her family must be out (despite the fact it was all a dream) so Sakura lead Rainoric to her room. Sakura's room was a typical Japanese girl's room. It was colored Sakura Pink on the walls, had several posters of anime characters and a closet filled with her clothes.

"Well welcome to my room." She said

"Your room? Where's your bed?" Rainoric asked

"Um... Your standing on it." Sakura awkwardly smiled

Rainoric looked down to see that he was standing on Sakura's sleeping the likes of which that was none existent in Gimael. To make it worst, Rainoric forgot to wipe his feed as they were covered with dirt the time he spent roaming around Dream Kagoshima.

"Sh**e!" Rainoric recoiled himself, uncontrollably falling down to the door leading to Sakura's bathroom. But instead of falling down to a woman's cleaning chamber's Rainoric dissapeared. Sakura who saw the whole thing, looked at her Bathroom door and saw that what was behind the door was'nt her shower, bath tub, toilet and faucet, but another portal. Knowing that Rainoric fell to it. Sakura bravely went inside......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quiet.... It was quiet yet again when Sakura went through the portal. But no songbirds greeted her ears. It was pure silence. Sakura looked up and saw that she was on a floating island. Surrounding the island were more floating islands seperated by a large dark abyss. Sakura walked up to Rainoric. Rainoric grabbed a small stone and threw it. The stone fell down to the abyss but quickly spawned back to its original spot a few seconds later.

"Sakura, look over there! I can see the portal no farther than 10 horse jogs away." Rainoric pointed

"But how are going to get across?"

"Make your own path." Rainoric's eyes glowed brightly and a pathway of stepping stones appeared. They walked down the path passing by the Islands. The path they made was close enough to see the other floatin islands. The Islands featured people standing still doing various things from simple things such as standing, sitting or lying down to more complex poses like Yoga, running away and even falling.

"Were close to getting you out of your coma Sakura. Were walking by a bridge between your mind and mine. The Islands you see are memories being relived or dreams being experienced. This one of the harmless effects of White dust." Rainoric explained

"Harmless effects of White Dust? Theirs more kinds of Dust other than the yellow one I see all the time?" Sakura questioned

"Their are 4 kinds of Dust. Each representing the 4 fundamental's of creation. Yellow the most common of the bunch represents the physical world that we see, smell, taste, feel and hear. Black dust represents death, it decays and kills those who use it to harm but can also make the user invisible. The Sebharii uses Black Dust for their surprise attacks. They can hide in plane sight and appear out of nowhere. Red Dust represents life, like blood of the Yamanin. It gives life and takes it away if the one that was given doesnt deserve it. Eslek used some Red Dust to heal your friend Haruka or how you like to call her 'Paruru' from her shortbreath. White Dust, the most potent of the Dusts, means Mental. We like to call it 'Buzemiye', Madness. Its very unpredictable unless controlled properly. The if you take some of it, your mind is most likley going to become insane untill it is turned to mush." Rainoric summarized.

As they walked, Sakura looked again on the Islands. She saw familiar friends such as Sayaka Yamamoto playing with her Guitar. Ulrich chasing a boar with his bare hands. Gizzur poking the eye out of a hapless prisoner with a large diamond. Yui Yokoyama dressed in a Yukata.

She also saw unfamiliar people. A man dressed in black robes while sporting a human like mask was kneeling down. A person probably a woman, holding a Dust Eagle* while wearing a protective visor that protects the wearer from the bird's eye. That woman was also holdinga crossbow too when Sakura examined further.

Then what was probably the most surprising among all of the Islands was that Sakura saw a familiar girl hugging a man cladded in armor that she doesnt know where it came from. Sakura stepped away from the main path, conjuring up her own stepping stones as she taked a closer looking to the still scene. Rainoric followed her.

"I know this girl. But I dont know who is this man. He is covering his face but I know he is a human. His hands have flesh." Sakura described

"That man is wearing a Vanoran Officer armor. Made from Gimaelic steel and painted to bronze. Its adorned with Jewels so that the Vanoran Officer stands out in battle. Cant see his face because he is covering his face thou." Rainoric said

"He is covering his perhaps he had a very troubling day fighting perhaps?" Sakura asked

"No, Vanoran Military Officers ususally own a large piece of land to grow food. And most of the time They would patrol their respective properties for bandits or wild animals. He most likely just had a rough day as a landowner of his farm. You said you know that girl?"

"Yes, Her name is Miyuki Watanabe. And she is hugging the man, closing her eyes and smiling? She must have been also captured from the Tokyo Raid. But she is quite happy for some reason?" Sakura said pointing at the still face of Miyuki.

The Broken Lord and the Cherry Blossom then left the island and proceded for the exit.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura quickly rose from bed inhaling and exhaling deeply. Sakura could see Rainoric in front of her looking at her and saw a resting Theodahad with a healing arm on the bed next to her.

"What time is it?" Sakura asked

"Its after dinner time and the boys are having some fun outside. Come! Theirs some bucella and soup left." Rainoric said

Sakura stood up and followed Rainoric to a large campfire where Rainoric and several of his soldiers shared for supper. The Gedriht were sitting around on log chairs around the campfire and looked to be like that Paru and Takamina were having some fun with the Gimaelics.

 

"Ulrich....ist....Tiger!" Ulrich yelled. His face was painted orange and he had some 'whiskers' drawn on his cheeks. He began to playfullu chase around Takamina who was antlers on her head and was hopping around.

"You cant catch me Mr. Tiger!" Takamina teased.

Sakura looked to Gizzur who was reading a book whil carrying one of his many severed head trophies. The psychopath stood up and held the head's chin and he spoke:

"So! How did I murdered your sweet little head?" Gizzur asked to the inanimate body part

"Well... First when I met you in Ginza I was just hanging around with some ladies. Then you popped up and starting to randomly hack people to death with your axe. I tried to stop ya, but you buried your hatchet on my chest. Then you ripped my heart out, squeezed out the blood and drank it." Said the ventriloquisted severed head.

"Yeah, and I remembered the look an yer face when I killed you! Oh! Sakura, nice to see you back and up and brightly and all. I just got this book called 'Ventriloquism for dummies' and it said I needed a doll for the acts. But since the book encourages improvising, I used this poor bastard's head instead. Pretty clever of me eh?" Said Gizzur

"Yeah, pretty clever. Forgive me my Lord. Theres and odor." Sakura repulsed herself from the head's deathly smell.

"Ahh man up you stupid slave!" Said the severed head.

"Shut up dead head! Dont say that to a girl slave unless she spat on me touched my hat!" Gizzur scolded the inanimate head, slapping his hand on its forehead.

"So what happened while I was out?" Sakura asked

"Dinner was uneventful until your friend Haruka decided to play a game with the men called 'Batsu'. She then played 'Janken' with all of the soldiers and the loser gets to have his face vandalised. It made me and the others laugh. You got to see your friends face its hilarious." Gizzur said pointing to Paru who was covering her face while sitting down on a log stool.

Sakura approached her friend only to be retorted back in shock when Paruru opened her hands to reveal her face letting out a great:

"Odoroki!" Paru smiled.

Paruru's long hair was tied down across her face forming a fake beard. Paruru was now looking quite masculine when she got 'Batsued'.

(Ok, I made that word up)
 

"She's now a fully fledged Langobard lady! Give her a loud applause." Osgar drunkly clapped his hands.

"I lost to Osgar when we played Janken Pon. Now im a man for the night." Paruru stood up and started to walk more masculine around the fire while also speaking in manly voice. Hayato and Sakura couldnt help but laugh at Salt. She looked so ridculous and funny in her ladybeard.

The Gedriht had wonderful evening laughing and letting off some steam before the next day.

----------------------------------------------

"RRRRAAAAGGGHHH!!!!" Rainoric hacked 'Ulfberth' to Hayato who quickly parried the strike with his Katana. Hayato quickly postured himself to attack. Swishing his sword to Rainoric, Hayato's Katana clanged with Rainoric's Gimaelic Steel sword. The 2 warriors were practice fighting during the early morning of the day. Hayato would often train with members of the Gedriht everyday taking turns with different sparring partners.

Wulfgar was strong and sturdy.

Osgar was resolute yet fast.

Ulrich was unpredictable and aggresive.

Gizzur was provoking yet cunning.

And Rainoric would use his body to flexibly attack Hayato. Rainoric would try to trip Hayato and go for a decisive blow when he is down, parry he slash and punch Hayato in the face and even grab Hayato carry him on his shoulders and slam him to the ground. Another thing Hayato experienced when fighting him was Rainoric would sometimes fight dirty. Groin kicks, dirt throwing  When Hayato spars with the Eadwulf Heir, he feels like he is fighting an unyielding doppelganger.

"Come on! Punch, kick, spit! I want a challenge!" Rainoric enthusiastically said. Grabbing Hayato at his arm then tossing him with a great pull of his arm. Hayato, starting to become more light-footed, regained his posture and continued on to the attack.

His sister and her friends were looking by while sitting on a mat while doing chores such as knitting, weapon grinding and food prepping. Paruru would often cheer for her brother from a distance telling him to give it his all. Paruru was now treated as a minor Lady among the Gimaelics. Gaining some favor and even some luxuries such as extra furs and cloths to wear (That she would share to Sakura and Takamina). Other items she got were extra rations of rice and in some cases would even get small gifts of affection from the soldiers such as flowers or thoughtfully made yet crudely made wood carvings of pictures of her image.

They were now near Vanoran where Rainoric would meet up with Belisarius to discuss plans for Rainoric's Rite of Passage. They are just waiting for clearance by the Limatanei* who are guarding the border between Gimael and their home country. Rainoric is waiting for a retainer of Belisarius to come to him and the Gedriht so that he can be escorted to Belisarius' Villa. So right now, the Gimaelics were just patiently waiting for the retainer.

Rainoric and Hayato were sparring. Wulfgar was meditating at the field. Ulrich was frolicking around the field like a careless maiden. Gizzur is practicing his new found hobby of ventriliquism with his severed heads. The AKB girls were doing servant duties. And Leofric is scouting around for the Belisarius servant with the new Binoculars he got.

Leofric looked at his binoculars. He was fascinated by the gizmo's focused lenses and two 'eyes'. Playing around with the focusing knob he saw a blurry image of a flying creature of the distance. Reactively fixing the focus, he looked to the binoculars yet again to see what he saw. The image did indeed focused properly but instead of relief, Leofric shouted:

"Zmaj! Zmaj! Zmaj! Ubey eto! Ubey Eto!*" Leofric shouted in panicked Aurigan. Quickly running down to alert his master while grabbing his sword.

The entire camp went from having a lazy afternoon enjoying the Vanoran sun to being up to their feet, grabbing their weapons and psyching themselves for battle.

Sakura was surprised at the sudden change of events and wondered what spooked Leofric. Leofric was looking up at the sky so Sakura looked up only to see a large, demonish sight of a.....

"Dragon! Run!" Takamina and Paruru quickly ran off to the near by woods to hide. Sakura soon followed with all the other non-combatants of the army that Rainoric brought.

Rainoric who was sparring with Hayato said to him:

"Well, heres your first battle boy! Fetch me the head of that Zmaj."

"A dragon? My first real fight? What is this? Dark Souls?" Hayato questioned

"Dont question your future High King Baldwin! (Hayato's new Gimaelic name)! Ubit Drakona! Gehen! Gehen! I will get my sword." Rainoric answered back.

Hayato grabbed his shotgun and Katana that were laying on the floor and was about to charge at the Zmaj when Wulfgar stopped him.

"Dont charge at it! Your goin to be chow for him if you try to strike him on melee. Shoot it at a dista-----Hey! My Lord dont charge dammnit!" Wulfgar explained to Hayato but was interrupted by Rainoric who with 'Ulfberth' raised up to the air, rushed helter skelter in to the mouth of the beast.

 

Rainoric.....

Really did, went inside the mouth of the beast. The dragon scooped up Rainoric and chewed him up then swallowed him down his snake like neck.

"Master! No!" Sakura shouted in despair. She just made a new friend in this planet after getting to know Rainoric a enough for her to consider as a small friend and now he became dinner for a glutonous beast.

"Im gonna have the bastard's head when I kill it!" Gizzur said throwing a spear to the dragon that pearced its scales. It counter attacked with some flaming hot fire breath to the Bejewelled Headhunter. His gilded shield however, saved the old man from descending to the inferno.

"Blyad! We got a stubborn one! Someone got any ideas?" Wulfgar asked.

Then suddenly a mysterious figure pushed its away threw the distraught and leaderless Gimaelics. It was wearing a fully covered in cloth which appears to be a mix of the Earth cloth of cotton and some studded leather armor. The unexpected arrival was also wearing a shadden visor/mask that covered his face.

"Im a servant of Flavius Julianus Belisarius. I will you and your army to his villa. Where is prince Rainoric?" the person asked.

"There." Wulfgar pointed to the dragon while facepalming.

"He is eaten by the dragon? Hurry! I have this new crossbow that can pierce through the toughest skins and armor. It might not be too late to save him." The servant pulled out a strange looking crossbow and began to fire it a volley at the beast.

(Source: The Attica from Warframe)

The beast wailed in pain as it was struck by the weaponized Dust bolts of the machine crossbow of the stranger. It the to the unexpected surprise to everyone within the 1 kilometer radius fell down and choked up blood.

The stranger sheathed his crossbow and looked at the dragon's corpse.

"Whoa, Did I kill that?"

The AKB48 girls ran up to the corpse and looked at the slain beast with astonishment. Paruru's eyes were wide open and wouldny blink. Sakura was covering and noise trying not to throw up. And Takamina-san walked up to Belisarius' servant.

"Well thats a nice kill with your crossbow mister...." Takamina asked the servant

The servant turned to Takamina and said

"Its nothing, my friend Sam... Takamina-san! Its me!" The stranger took of his mask to reveal his face to be.

"Churi! A-a-akane! Your here too?" Takamina asked in joyful surprise.

"Yeah! Im a Falconrist and guardsman for House Belisarius. But im supposed to come back with your master and he is all eaten up." Akane 'Churi' Takayanagi said.

Then a shining piece of metal pierced itself from the belly of thecarcass of the Zmaj. It was the tip of a sword. It began to slide itself across the belly creating an opening for a person to squeeze through.

Sakura could see a bloodied figure pushing his way out of the belly of the beast. It was Rainoric. Rainoric got out of the beast, its blood, stomach acids and innards covering his armor and clothes. He was also carrying the heart of the monster and Rainoric raised it up to the sky.

"Te Heta Hada Woda!" He shouted as he squezed the heart letting some blood drench his head.

The Gimaelics cheered and so did Churi who was also impressed by the young Warlord.

"So the stories and tales are true, son of Gewis. I heard the tales that you killed a Geldrius while it was holding you in its mouth. And another time I heard a tale that you were once bitten by a Gorgon*." Churi said

"Yes but after five days of  agonizing pain, the Gorgon died. Any way wheres Belisarius?" Rainoric replied

"But how did you kill the dragon?" Sakura asked.

"Dumb fire breather forgot to at least chew me before he swallowed. Got inside his belly. Then I stabbed the belly untill I found its heart. I cut it off, grabbed it, then I gut myself out of it." Rainoric tried to shake Sakura's hand.

"Get yourself clean first." She said

Rainoric looked at himself and saw the mess he had all over his armored body. The Broken Lord from Gimael ordered his troops to pack up and march to Villa Belisarius.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So Churi? How did you end up here in Auriga?" asked Takamina.

"I was taken here after I was caught in the subway when Tokyo got raided. When I was asked what I was good at in which is taking care of birds. I pretty much being treated being a free woman than a slave. I take care of Belisarius's pet birds that he uses for hunts and scouting and also guard his farm on the side. How about you?" Churi said cleaning her crossbow.

"Same thing, Gimaelics can be a rowdy bunch though. Poor Hygiene, bad manners and they always think about fighting. But I can feel for them. They were

The Gedriht were now approaching Vanoran. The scenery changed from towering trees that could darken the forest ground to fertile farmlands. Sakura saw houses and Villas built all over the farms. The crops were of strange shapes and colors to her. Some produce looked like purple pumpkins, black lettuce and white tomatos according to her own Earthling interpretation.

She remembered reading an encyclopedia about the Vanorans:

The book said that the Vanorans are a confederation of merchants who shared a common dialect and a love of trading with other people. They were also famous Calvalry horsemen, such as Belisarius' decorated Tagmata Calvary. Recently from the news of Eslek.

They then arrived to the main city of Vanoran. Inside its gates was a colorful sight for the AKB girls. Merchants were eagerly selling various luxury items and low prices every where you look. From unfamiliar items native to Auriga to curiousities from Japan such as Figurines (Especially the y ones *wink*), Rice, Sake and Kimonos. Sakura laughed as she saw several Aurigans dressed quite crudely with their newly bought Kimonos. Some of the sashes werent tied correctly. Others were dressed to loosely or too tight. Takamina also see that they were also selling sunglasses and quickly bought a pair with some money she earned being Eslek's secretary.

Vanorans were staring curiously at the Gimaelics mostly Rainoric as they passed by the busy market streets of Vanoran. People were murmuring to themselves when they saw Rainoric's bloodied body walk past them while carrying the Zmaj heart.

"That's right peasants! I killed me a Zmaj! Bow down to the Future King of Gimael!" Rainoric proudly proclaimed. Some Vanorans bowed down as he passed by but were shocked when they smelled the Dragon guts that was all over him. Rainoric took notice of their disgust and looked at himself. His rich Gimaelic Noble's robe was stained with blood. And his own Yamanin bodyguards are trying not to throw up and gag infront of him in public.

"Blyad! We need to go to Belisarius now." He hastingly jogged through the city with his Gedriht plus Churi following him.

When they reach Belisarius Villa outside the city, Rainoric rudely pushed open the doors of his host's Villa and began to Boss around the servants as if he was back in Guaita.

"Where bloody hell is the Bath's I cant be infront of Belisarius with this." He said, the servants pointed him to a Bath that was available for use. He grabbed Sakura's and Wulfgar's hand and dragged them to the Bath.

"Wulfgar, I need a fresh coat of Fur and some shirts. Sakura get this damn filth off of me." Rainoric pushed Wulfgar aside and pushed Sakura in to the Bath and closed the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Zmaj: Dragon