To the west

The Barbarian's Cherry Blossom

(1 month after the events of Baizan)

Baizan had recovered quickly after the Zombie Apocalypse that Jurina created. With the help of Dust, the city has recovered what could have taken a year or more to be rebuilt in one month.

The Red Suns, in order to atone for their rebellion are made to join the Vanoran Foreign Legio stationed in Aksyar. Takamina and Yukirin had urged him to spare them from imminent death and Belisarius, with some influence from the now expectant Miyuki, pulled some political favors to get the entire Red Suns to be conscripted to the VFL.

Ulrich has been enjoying the Katsudon that Takamina and Sakura made every lunch time and they often play together when they were bored, especially with Takamina. They often were seen playing some games together and just sitting around when she is off duty.

Ju Jingyi in the otherhand, was with Rena as they talk about girly things and Auriga.

Rainoric, Wulfgar and Gizzur are at the  Bejewelled Headhunter's room helping him out on making that special skeleton key for Endless Ruins.

And Churi, Paruru and Airin was busy sunbathing at the deck of the ship. Many of the male sailors couldn't help but stare at their bodies as they work.

Churi was laying down relaxing with some shades that she have. The warm sun has the familiar sensation of summer and Churi took Airin and Paruru out for a morning under the sun.

"So are you ok now Airin?"Churi asked.

"Yes, I never saw the sun for a long time and I think I am going to enjoy this."Airin happily lay down.

"The sailors are staring at us you know?"Paruru said. She saltily stared at one of the sailors who was ogling her.

"Don't mind them, Belisarius and Rainoric will personally kill them if they lay a hand on us right now."Churi reassured.

"Girl's! Hope your enjoying this....what do you call it....uhm 'Rest and Relaxation'. So here's lunch."Osgar said.

"Ooh! Ranchtaimu!"Airin hapilly said.

"And here is yours Birdie!"Osgar shoved a roasted bird carcass on top of the bird lover's head.

Churi reacted spastically as the roasted bird fell down on her ruining her relaxing morning.

"Osgar-sama, What the heck did you do to me you ert!"Churi angrily yelled.

"Do to you? What about do to me? I got nutcracked by Yuki and Takamina when I scrambled out of the bath without my trousers."Osgar said.

"Oh, I am so going to make you have a 'bbbaaaaddd' day now!"Churi stood up and chase after Osgar.

"Well you gotta catch me first birdie!"Osgar teased.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainoric was slowly becoming restless, he was waiting impatiently for a guide who will direct them through the last stretch of waters before finally entering Aksyar. The waters in withing a 10 kilometer distance from the coast have many coral reefs that can be disastorous if the ship struck.

"Hey Rain, you okay?"Sakura walked to him and held his hand.

"Not really, the Sun is making me shine to much."Rainoric confessed, the intense sunlight refelected his armored body like a mirror.

"I know right? You need to cool off."

"Now your reminding me of Gimael again."

"There he is my lord. Fishing boat north!"Wulfgar said.

The small fishing boat was sailed by a man in a dark complexion wearing baggy clothing similar to people who come from those nomadic desert tribes. The man guided the ship around the coral reefs before everyone finally reaching to a small port town. Aksyar has many ports on the coast to take in the many merchants and potential buyers in her great markets. The desert nation which is a client state of the Vanorans sell many exotic goods from spices, perfumes and carpets unique to the kingdom. They also sell rare Endless artifacts to the highest bidders due to the many Endless ruins scattered around the desert.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sunset has came to Aksyar and the Gedriht fight themselves stuck on a bridge on a gushing river while trying to move their supplies. It was un/fortunately (depending who are you talking about with) is the night before the great bazaar weekend that happens once a month and many merchants from all over Auriga travel the Aksyar to rent their spot and sell their wares to the many travellers that pass by. The Aksyar Shah or King wanted to make sure that every merchant has there wares inspected thoroughly to deter smuggling and to enforce taxes.

Sakura was sleeping on Rainoric's lap on a carriage they rented to move the Gedriht's stuff around. Rainoric was chatting with Takamina about the Red Suns.

"Ok, so Belisarius will send you and the Red Sun's to the Foreign Legion fortress once we meet the Shah first thing in the morning. Ybor will also go with you since he spent a term of sevice with them to show them around."

"Hai! Rain-kun, I heard a rumor that the Foreign Legion has some of the worst criminals that  became soldiers? I remember that back on Earth there is this country called France that did the same thing."Takamina said.

"Really? I would love to meet there king! I think we gonna be the best of pals."Rainoric laughed.

"Rain-sama, can you keep the noise down? I am trying to sleep. The heat was killing me awhile ago."Sakura sleepily said.

"Oh-alrighty."Rain reluctantly agreed. He likes talking to Takamina and although when Takamina says a joke but laughes before she gave the punchline, she was fun to be with.

"Oi! What bloody f*** is the hold up there!"Rainoric  complained

"Language again Rain!"Sakura scolded.

"Piss off!"Rainoric protested.

"My lord, we there's been an accident."Osgar came up to the carriage and spoke.

"What kind of----"

 

*KABOOM!*

 

"What the hell was----"Sakura woke up and quickly rise up.

Another explosion was heard.

"We are under attack!"Osgar yelled.

Everyone drew their weapons and ran out of the carriage. Sakura and Rainoric hugged around the Carriage while Takamina and Osgar hugged at the another carriage opposite to them.

"Was that an explosion?"Takamina asked.

"Yes sargeant-Baka-f******-mina!"Rainoric cussed.

"Can you stop with the the swearing?"Sakura ordered.

"Fine.....not"Rainoric whispered.

"I hear fighting up ahead. We need to get to them."Osgar said.

"Avay! Avay! Avay!"Rainier commanded everyone forward to battle

 

------------------

"Rrraaagghhhh Blood in the soil!"Vlado slashed his sabre.

"Bandits are everywhere!"Lucillius said.

"Stick together and take them out!"Isiaja yelled.

The group of legionnaires alongside Rena, Vlado and Ulrich were trapped in a cut off section the bridge. Mysterious masked men in white ragged robes had climbed up to the bridge after the explosion rocked the stone bridge. Some were armed with explosives strapped to their chest or on the javelins they threw on innocent bystanders while others were armed with bladed weapons made from Adamantian, an orange colored metal that can make for some very weighty swords that can slice through the toughest of exteriors.

"Get them before they come close and explode!"Rena cried.

Ulrich threw one of the debris stones and threw it at one of the suicide bombers knocking him out of the fight.

People were dying and everything around them were exploding and the situation looked hopeless when.

"Legio Penatante! Fire!"Ybor yelled. Men in sand colored uniform sporting the articles of Vanoran fired a volley of bolts and bullets at the masked men. Ybor came to the rescue alongside his old Foreign Legion friends. He was at the bottom of the bridge on a boat with a regiment of them inside.

"Ybor! Where did you get them?" Rena asked.

"I tried to warn you but I needed to get the garisson to rally up. I will take care of these bastards on the river, you clean up the bridge. We cannot afford this bridge to go tumbling down! Driver, forward."Ybor said.

"Hai, everyone lets go."Rena said with a renewed spirit.

"Listen up boys the scum heads are thinkin' they can out kill us? Show'em how a well oiled Skutatoi can do."Isiaja the Antesignani said.

The soldiers rallied behind him and they all pressed on the fight.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sakura was sweating for using her dust powers, she was told by Rainoric to make a bridge everytime they meet a broken gap that was made by the explosions. The horror of many innocent merchants and people who were crossing the bridge were just like those photos of wartorn Middle East that you would see in uncensored documentaries, newspapers and the Times magazines. Sakura had to stay strong but the sight of people dying around her made her spirit falter to a decimated state.

"KKKYYYAAAAA" She yelled out after completing the bridge and knelt down to recuperate. The exhaustion of her mana made her cry end internally beg for respite.

"Now is not the time to tear up Sak, we gott---"Rainoric said while crossed the bridge only to be tackled by a bomb strapped bandit. Rain's sword 'Ulfberth' was knocked from his hands and

"Die! Son of Merovech! Die!"The man yelled. The bombs were ready to explode in any moment which if the weakened state of structural integrity says, it could collapse the entire bridge killing everyone nearby the blast.

Thinking quickly Rainoric dragged himself and his attacker near the edge of the bridge and tossed himself over it. He was told one time by Sakura about sacrificing for the greater good and Rain knew that he didn't want any of his friends to die on him so with the self acceptance of a martyr he threw himself.

"Hold on!"Sakura grabbed Rainoric's leg. Rain was deadlocked now with holding the explosives chest vest of the bandit and his legs were grabbed by Sakura who was barely dangling on the edge of the bridge just like him.

"The hell are you doing?"Rainoric asked.

"Saving yourself from your stupidity!"Sakura replied. She was barely hanging on the ledge with Wulfgar and Takamina holding on to her.

"I am 'sacrificing myself for the greater good' Besides I can't drown."Rainoric said.

"That's not what I meant!"Sakura yelled back.

"Rain! Catch!"Takamina threw a knife to Rainoric's hand.

He caught the blade and carved off the straps that attached the explosives to the chest of attacker letting his fall down. But the bandit was persistent to get rid of the Gimaelic crowned prince, he quickly grabbed the arms of Rainoric and swung his weight alongside Sakura's to the leg of the bridge and the Explosives were only a few seconds from exploding.

"Let go!"Wulfgar yanked Takamina from her grip with Sakura.

Now with no longer anything keeping them from the bridge, Sakura and Rainoric fell down to the raging river bellow them. The explosives fused off and exploded giving a great mass of jagged debris to fly everywhere....with one particular stone shrapnel aimed just at Takamina's left eye.

 

"AHHH!!!!!!!" Takamina yelled. A sharp ended stone oblitirated the left eye socket of Takamina. Leaving a bloodied stone near buried on her eye.

"Minami! Stay awake! Don't fall down on me! Please....stay with me!"Wulfgar cried.

"It hurts Wulffy-sama!"Takamina tried to grab the stone on her eye out of sheer pain and instinct but Wulfgar stopped her as she is only going to make her wound worse.

"I need a doctor! Healer! Medic! Anyone!" Wulfgar yelled.

 

----------------------------

The rushing waters pushed Sakura like a rag doll as she tried to swim. Her lungs were already filled with some water and she is struggling to breathe. She waddled her way trying to gain a few pockets of precious air but to no avail.

Just as she was about to drown, someone grabbed her. It was soft and gentle like an angel's touch yet its hands were of cold metal. Sakura recognized the hands to be none other than Rainoric's.

"Saliegen Vaters, schutzen uns vor den gehfahren schopfung. (Blessed Godan, protect us from the dangers of your creation)"Rainoric prayed but in a voice that didn't sound like his.

"Amen."Sakura uncontrollably spoken before she out.

 

------------------------------------------

 

Sakura coughed out the water that were stuck in her lungs. She opened her eyes to see that the morning sun shone brightly, birds were flying around her and she could hear the crashing sounds of the ocean near here. She must have been washed up after she and Rainoric nearly drowned (or just Sakura as I said that Broken Lords can't drown). She rubbed her forehead to scratch her head.

"Hmm....my hand seems to be rather stiff." Sakura though. She looked on to her hands to see that it was Rainoric's hand that is scratching her.

"Eh? Rain-kun!"Sakura exclaimed.

"EH?!?! You should get out of my body first."Rainoric said.

"His body first?" Sakura's eyes widened. She looked to her hands and she is seeing Rainoric's hands and they were controlled by her. Every muscle twitched, every finger snapped and her palm folded at her command. Alarmed, Sakura crawled her way to the nearby ocean and to her horror she saw her reflection.

 

"IIIYYYYAAAADDDAAAA!!!!!!!" Sakura place her/Rainoric's hands on her cheeks or Rainoric's helmet head.

Her body was literally inside Rainoric. She can see her eyes inside the once empty space of his helmet and she could feel her nerves were getting cold and irritated by the sand, water and metal around her clothes and skin. But most intriguing of them all, was that Rainoric, unlike glowing Blue, was Glowing White Dust on around his glowy aura that is natural for Broken Lords to have (depending on race and Church affiliation).