When There Was Me And You

HOMO sapiens VS GAYliens

Jaehwan was upset.

 

Hakyeon just gave Sanghyuk away like it was no problem. No, he didn’t give him away. He traded him off like some sort of object. He also traded him with a human. Sure, Jaehwan made a lot of jokes at the time the deal was made, but he was actually upset on the inside.

 

Not to mention, Jaehwan didn’t really think Taekwoon was all that impressive. Sure, he looked good externally, but that was it. Sanghyuk had been Jaehwan’s best joke-around buddy. He could already tell by Taekwoon’s cold eyes that he wouldn’t appreciate his sense of humor. So, why would Hakyeon choose him over their Sanghyuk?

 

Jaehwan figured out why Taekwoon was a big deal while he was moping around the hallway of their building. As he was dragging his feet like a 4 year old boy, he heard the sound of a literal angel descending from heaven.

 

Luckily their building wasn’t very big, so it wasn’t hard to locate the source of the voice. He basically just frantically ran down the hallways until the only thing between him and that beautiful voice was a door.

 

After a nice, swift kick, the door slammed open to reveal a slightly startled looking Taekwoon.

 

“Oh, Taekwoon.” Jaehwan sighed as he walked into the room. “Were you listening to some music in here?”

 

Taekwoon just lightly nodded as he looked back down at the mp3 player in his hands. Jaehwan moved so he was standing right behind him, and he noticed that there was some music playing softly. He leaned over his shoulder so he could get a better listen, but the singer sounded nothing like that pure voice he heard before.

 

Then he heard it.

 

That sweet, sweet voice.

 

Coming from Taekwoon.

 

Right next to him.

 

Jaehwan slowly turned his head so that he was staring right at the other man’s temple. Taekwoon let Jaehwan stare at him for a solid minute before he said anything.

 

“Can I help you?” He said as he turned to face Jaehwan.

Jaehwan just squinted at him and pointed right in his face. “So that’s why Hakyeon…” His voice trailed off as he slowly backed out of the room.

 

Jaehwan understood now. Taekwoon wasn’t just a useless human DJ. He actually had talent and a lot of it, apparently. Sanghyuk wasn’t a bad vocalist. In fact, he had been practicing day and night to improve his skill, but he guessed he just wasn’t improving fast enough for Hakyeon.

 

And maybe he was also trying to help Taekwoon out; he was stuck in a group that wasn’t improving and didn’t even know about the talent he had. Jaehwan couldn’t help but to feel jealous. Taekwoon must have left a really strong impression on Hakyeon for him to just abandon a member like he did.

 

Jaehwan was going to have to fight for mother’s love and attention.

 

He started with hitting a high note every time an hour passed. It was pretty impressive for the first few hours, but it wasn’t as pleasant at 4am.

 

Jaehwan,” Hakyeon screamed as he kicked the door open to Jaehwan’s bedroom. “Yes, your vocal range is impressive, but you can’t belt out a high note at 4 in the morning.”

 

“Why not? I’m perfectly capable of singing so deep into the night.” Jaehwan said as he began to clear his throat. “Watch this.”

 

“Jaehwan, if you open that gigantic mouth of yours, I am going to rip those lips right off of your face.”

 

“Okay, that is violent and unfriendly.”

 

“Do you really think I wouldn’t do it, you mediocre clarinet player?“

 

“Dude, too far.” Jaehwan choked out between tears. “I really regret telling you that I was last chair in middle school.”

 

“Maybe if your giant- lips didn’t get in the way, you could actually play the clarinet somewhat decently.”

 

“I actually like my lips, so you should stop being a bully. Plus, these “giant- lips” help me sing and the only -like-thing my lips are is an asset, so back off.”

 

“Ah, very true. Your lips are what really brings a nice charm to this group.” Hakyeon rubbed the little hairs on his chinny chin chin in thought. “If I can’t rip your lips off, then I guess I’ll just have to injure you in alternative way.”

 

Jaehwan began to sweat. “Uh, and what might this “alternative way” be?”

 Hakyeon lowered his voice to a low and slightly terrifying whisper. “La Chancla™.

 

The moment Hakyeon began to reach for his sandal, Jaehwan knew it was already too late.

 

The next few minutes are a blur of Jaehwan running away frantically from Hakyeon as he shouted incoherent Spanish phrases.


Jaehwan woke up with a giant knot on his head and a note stuck to his lamp. The note read:

 

“Never underestimate the power of La Chancla™. P.S. If you show up to practice late, I will shove a sandal up your .”

 

Jaehwan didn’t want a sandal up his . The only thing he wanted up his was dong, but that could wait for a different day.


Anyways, Jaehwan had succeeded in obtaining mother’s attention, but not his love. He must fight, no, he must win his mother’s love. He must win over Taekwoon.

 

Please

subscribe - upvote - comment

(if you want to)

stalk me on socail media

twitter - tumblr

(only if you want to)