Bet On It

HOMO sapiens VS GAYliens

Later that evening, Hakyeon got a letter in the mail. It had no return address, but the handwriting gave it away as being Wonshik. He almost didn’t open the letter, but curiosity got the better of him.

 

“Oh, god.” He said out loud as he read the first line.

 

Yes, I’m so sick.

because of you, but I love you

this song is for pretty you oh oh OH

This is love song

this song for you You YOu YOU YOU

Ah hah, alright

listen up, my boo.

 

Hakyeon wanted to stop reading, but he couldn’t. It was really stupid, but he also found it oddly flattering. He was mostly worried why Wonshik kept on asking him to be his ‘girlfriend’.

 

“Whatcha readin’, Hakyeon?” Jaehwan said from over Hakyeon’s shoulder. “You’ve got a secret admirer?”

 

Hakyeon jumped in surprise and immediately crumpled up the letter. “It’s nothing!” He said, straightening his back. “I plan on burning it.”

 

“Oh,” Jaehwan sounded disappointed. “Well, could I read it before you set it on fire?”

 

“I’m going to set you on fire if you don’t go away.”

 

Jaehwan raised his hands defensively. “Okay. I’ll end up hearing about it later anyways.” and then he left.

 

Hakyeon’s heart rate increased. What was that supposed to mean? Jaehwan was so ing sketchy.

 

“Are you really going to burn it?”

 

Hakyeon jumped in surprise again. What a wimp. He turned around to see Taekwoon sitting on a chair in the corner of the room. Who knows how long he’s been there.

 

Hakyeon sighed. “Yes, I’m going to burn it. It’s garbage!” He emphasized by waving the crumpled paper around in the air. “Plus, I don’t like being called ‘Boo’.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because I’m not a in’ mario kart character, Taekwoon.”

 

Taekwoon crossed his legs and leaned forward. “Boo isn’t just in Mario Kart. He’s also been in basically every mario game since Super Mario Bros 3.”

 

“in’ NERD,” Jaehwan yelled from down the hallway.

 

Taekwoon didn’t react to the insult at all. A wall, this guy was.

 

“Anyway, I’m still burning it.” Hakyeon crossed his arms and sat in the chair next to Taekwoon.

 

Taekwoon shrugged, got up and left the room.

 

“Wait, you're not gonna stop me?” Hakyeon shouted after him.

 

Taekwoon didn’t say anything back. Hakyeon slumped in his seat and wondered if it was really Taekwoon that was the alien.

 

Technically, Taekwoon is the alien to Hakyeon, Jaehwan, and Sanghyuk. Everyone on this whole planet is an alien to him. Well, not really. According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, the true definition of Alien is “relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government” meaning that Hakyeon is the real alien. He came from his home planet (where he owns allegiance to) to Earth (another government), making him the alien.

 

Whatever.

 

Hakyeon made his way over to the fireplace in the lobby. Screw Taekwoon. He was gonna burn the letter.

 

Right when he got to the fireplace, Wonshik walked into the lobby.

 

“Is that my letter?” He asked with a big stupid smile on his face.

 

“No.” Hakyeon said, hiding it behind his back. “This is some… very sensitive… medical… stuff. Very personal.”

 

    “Medical stuff?” Wonshik stepped closer to Hakyeon. “You’ve gotten a medical exam on Earth? As an alien? I’m sure you’ll find that the doctors would be concerned with your alien innards.”

 

    “I was just making sure I didn’t pick up some human disease or anything,” Hakyeon fibbed.

 

    Wonshik smiled. “The only human disease you’ll be picking up is Love Sickness.”

    

    “Why are you actually the worst?”

 

    “Actually the best you mean,” Wonshik said as he slowly made his way closer. “Some people may actually be jealous of my charm.”

 

    “What charm?”

 

    Wonshik pretended to think before he quickly reached around Hakyeon and grabbed the paper from his hands.

 

    “Hey!” Hakyeon yelled. “That’s a violation of my privacy!”

 

    “This is my letter! It’s been well loved I can see,” He said as he held it above Hakyeon’s reach. “What were you doing with it by this fireplace, hm?”

 

    “I was going to toss it in the fire! Give it.” Hakyeon continued to attempt to grab the paper.

 

    “Why would you throw it out? This is a masterpiece!”

 

    Hakyeon scoffed. “Seriously? Hyuk could write better stuff than that,” Hakyeon said, giving up on getting the paper back from Wonshik.

 

    “Now, that’s a real insult. Sanghyuk could only dream of writing something this good.”

 

    “Why haven’t I called the police on you yet?”

 

    “Because you want to see what I send you next?” Wonshik winked and started to walk out of the building.

 

    “Should I be concerned?” Hakyeon asked before Wonshik was all the way out the door.

 

    He turned around and grinned. Then he bolted, full on sprinted down the walkway.


    Hakyeon took 3 Xanax.