You Are The Music In Me

HOMO sapiens VS GAYliens

It was noon. Well, to say noon is generous. It was 4pm. Hyuk was waiting in the dorm’s living room with a notebook and paper. Wonshik said he was going to join him to write songs in the morning. Hyuk did try to wake up Wonshik at 9am, but he just continued to snore away.

 

    “He’s impossible to wake up, Hyukkie.” Hongbin said as he was gathering up dirty laundry from around the dorm. “Especially after he got totally wasted last night. I would give up and move on with my life if I were you.”

 

    Hyuk didn’t move on with his life. In fact, he had been sitting on the couch since then, getting up occasionally to see if Wonshik was awake or to get a snack.

 

    The moment the clock struck 4., Hyuk pouted and tossed his notebook onto the floor angrily. “Never trust a rapper,” He whispered as he blinked away tears.

 

    Little did he know, Wonshik was actually very awake. He was currently sitting up in his bed, slouched over his songwriting notebook with a pen in hand. Yes, he was extremely hungover, but that didn’t stop him from writing a goddamn masterpiece.

 

    And so Hyuk pouted. He pouted with all of his might. Imagine all the things he could have done today, like eating! And watching tv! And eating!

 

While Hyuk thought of all these important tasks he could have been accomplishing today, Wonshik attempted to sneak out of the apartment with his new songs in hand.

 

    Hyuk screamed.

 

    “Yo! What the , Wonshik!” He yelled as Wonshik slipped on his shoes and an old snapback. “You’ve been asleep all day and now you’re leaving me?!?”

 

    The older human slipped a pair of circle sunglasses over his squinted eyes and said, “Woah, woah. Kid, quiet down. I’ve got the craziest hangover.”

 

    Hyuk noticed the pieces of paper Wonshik was holding and he gasped. “Are those new songs, Ravi?” Hyuk stood up and held his hand out. “Can I read them?”

 

    “Ah, funny story, ET. I actually like what I wrote and decided to keep it.” He held the papers against his chest and let out a sigh. “I may have found my muse.”

 

“Alcohol?”

 

    “No. This is an… alien muse.”

 

    Hyuk coughed into his fist. “Oh, uh. Wonshik, I’m flattered. But my heart belongs to another.”

 

    “Don’t flatter yourself, ET,” Wonshik scoffed as he opened up the front door. “My new muse goes by the name of Cha Hakyeon.”

 

    “Are you ing drunk?”

 

    “Possibly. Whiskey always helps with my hangovers.”

 

    And then he was out the door, leaving a very shocked Sanghyuk standing in their living room. Hakyeon was like his mom, so it was really odd that his bandmate was calling him his muse. This was probably going to end very badly.

 

    Hongbin walked in to see Hyuk in his current state.

 

    “Hyuk? Why does it look like someone confessed their love to your mother?” He asked as he sat down on the sofa.

 

    “I think Wonshik is going to confess his love to my mother.”

 

    Hongbin thought he meant his biological mother. “Don’t worry, Wonshik doesn’t have a spaceship.”

 

    Hyuk was still in shock, so he decided that he deserved a nap. He slowly crouched down and rolled into fetal position on the floor. It wasn’t the most comfortable place Hyuk had ever slept, but it would have to do.

 

“Hyuk?”

 

There was silence as Hongbin watched Hyuk slowly fall asleep on the floor.  

 

Meanwhile, Wonshik was out living his life. With his song in one hand and a mystery starbucks cup in the other hand (“coffee sobers you up!” (this is not true)), Wonshik strolled down the street to the IX studio. The studio was farther away than Wonshik remembered, but he made it to the front door in about an hour. Not too shabby.

 

Wonshik wasn’t the most polite guy in the world, so he just walked right in the studio unannounced. Wow. Rude. Luckily, Hakyeon found him wandering the halls shortly after he arrived.

 

“Uh, Wonshik,’ Hakyeon said when he found him drinking from their water fountain. “What are you doing here?”

 

 

Wonshik quickly straightened his back in surprise, resulting in him spilling water all over his shirt and chin. “Oh! Hakyeon! Just the Alien I was looking for!”

 

Hakyeon regretted waking up this morning.

 

“I wrote a song for you.” Wonshik says as he hands the paper to Hakyeon. “For your group, I mean.”

 

“Oh, that’s cool, I guess.” Hakyeon raises an eyebrow, but accepts the paper anyways. The page was slightly crumpled from where Wonshik was holding on to it. “Secret Night, huh?” Wonshik nods as Hakyeon reads the lyrics in his head. ‘Girl, you’re my beautiful my lady/ a red silhouette/ hotly rock n roll on this night while everyone is sleeping’ “Okay, Wonshik, what is this?”

 

“It’s Secret Night!” He said enthusiastically. He grabbed Hakyeon’s free hand and swung it back and forth while poorly singing, “Girl, you’re my beautiful my lady~!” Hakyeon pulled his hand away, but Wonshik continued to sing while gesturing around Hakyeon’s body. “a red silhouette,” Then he wiggled his eyebrows as his defective singing voice continued. “Hotly rock n roll on this night while everyone is sleeping~”

 

“You need to end this madness, Kim Wonshik.” Hakyeon said with a light blush to his cheeks. Was this a flush of embarrassment or anger? Who knows? I don’t know.

 

Wonshik ignored him and got to his knees. “Beautiful my lady~ more secretly. I want to do a secret dance with you and fall asleep~!”

 

“I’m going to call security if you keep on singing.”

 

 

“Shocker!” He yelled as he did some sort of jazz hands while still on his knees.

 

“Are you ing drunk?” Hakyeon asks as he reaches for the phone in his pocket.

 

Wonshik stopped singing to shake his head in disbelief. “Why does everyone keep asking me that? It was a very small amount of morning whiskey to help with my hangover!”

 

Hakyeon stared for a moment, only to finally pull his phone out of his pocket. “Okay, I’m calling security”

 

Wonshik quickly stood up and placed his hand on Hakyeon’s phone. “Alright, alright. I’m leaving.” He smiled uncontrollably as he backed out of the door. He gave the very angry (and flustered) looking alien a little wave before he turned around and strode out of the building while rapping about a ‘secret romantic’.


Hakyeon considered buying a security system for the front door as he glanced over Wonshik’s lyrics one more time.